Srixon Announces Partnership with ASICS

I love the offerings from both of these companies, so I am looking forward to seeing their offerings. Very good chance I will be an early adopter.

While Asics aren't my running shoe of choice (I've been a Brooks guy for years) I love the idea of more running and athletic shoe companies lending their ideas to footwear development for golf.

Same here. I have worn many different versions of Brooks Adrenaline It's nice to see running and athletic shoe companies get involved in developing golf shoes. I think that is reflective on the desire for comfort as opposed to style concerns.

Used to wear ASICS in the squared circle, I'd definitely give them a shot on the course

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I welcome anything new, especially from a company known for comfortable shoes.

BUT, it definitely seems like a very hard market to crack. Im sure @JB could help me here....But what is the current market share in the Golf Shoe market space? I'm assuming FJ, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Sketchers are near the top? I just don't see Asics becoming a top tier golf shoe.

I will definitely give them a shot. I love Asics & I love Srixon. Should work out fine.

Asics makes a nice shoe. Pending the design, would definitely check out.

Had a pair of their golf shoes a few years ago. They were a more typical golf shoe style. Water proof. Didn't like them at all. Pinched the top of my feet and creased really badly after one round of cart golf haha. Now I would love to try their other style of shoes that are more modern or modeled similar to their running shoes

I welcome anything new, especially from a company known for comfortable shoes.

BUT, it definitely seems like a very hard market to crack. Im sure @JB could help me here....But what is the current market share in the Golf Shoe market space? I'm assuming FJ, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Sketchers are near the top? I just don't see Asics becoming a top tier golf shoe.

FJ
Adidas
Nike, Puma, ECCO, Skechers are all really close together for 3-6.
New Balance
UA

In that order.

Love ASICS for tennis and paddle, looking forward to trying their golf offerings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense because Hideki has been rocking those ASICS for years on tour. I’ve never tried them but always wondered why I’ve never seen them in a golf shop.

Same here. I have worn many different versions of Brooks Adrenaline It's nice to see running and athletic shoe companies get involved in developing golf shoes. I think that is reflective on the desire for comfort as opposed to style concerns.

I wore Brooks PureFlows for years for anything besides outright weightlifting. Then they got really bulky so I went away from them for a couple years and now I'm wearing Brooks Anthem 1's that I took the inserts out of.

I think there's a lot to be said for how much running shoes are crafted for very similar attributes as golf shoes. Effective, consistent weight transfer through the shoe regardless of its position relative to the ground underneath it.

This is cool news. I have liked ASICS shoes since the 80's when they were the only wrestling shoe I wore.

vintage-asics-tiger-wrestling-shoes_1_7b10cca779009b8702f1181fe97fac0c_zpskw8xshsj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Interesting. Had a pair of Aisics running shoes and they were some of the most comfortable running shoes I have ever worn. Curious to see how the golf shoes are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How does Asics benefit from this partnership, as opposed to distributing them themselves? Market access where Srixon is already involved?

interesting partnership. I hope it works well for both of them.

I remember Golf Galaxy carrying them for a short while years back.

I’m a fan of both brands and used to wear ASICS in plenty of sports so I like what I’m hearing here.

How does Asics benefit from this partnership, as opposed to distributing them themselves? Market access where Srixon is already involved?

I'm guessing synergy from an advertising perspective. Someone mentioned GMac, and obviously Hideki playing in Asics. It's a way to tie their tour presence in while re-entering a market. You'll see both guys in Srixon hats and Asics shoes so it could be easier to associate Asics with golfers. Just a guess though

Interesting, see how they incorporate the two brands

When I was a runner, Asics was recommended as the best fit and I wore them exclusively. Great shoes and I will definitely be looking forward to their release.

I’ve noticed ASICS on a few players over the years and always hoped we’d get a crack at them sometime.

I can’t wait to give these a try in December. I am going to give them a shot as my go to shoe in 2020.

I can’t wait to give these a try in December. I am going to give them a shot as my go to shoe in 2020.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

ASICS was my brand when I was in middle school!

ASICS was my brand when I was in middle school!

I remember their wrestling shoes. Then I used their running shoes for years. Always a great shoe company and I will definitely be grabbing some of these.

Back