Your Favorite Golf Shirt / Brand

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Tell me all about your favourite golf shirt and or brand. What makes it so special that you have invested in it?

If you don't really stick to one brand or style, why?

Pics are always better, fwiw haha

My taste has evolved. With the cost going up I’ve gravitated to shirts I can wear on the course or to the office. Right now Travis Mathew dominates the closet as they fit better (not boxy) but not a euro cut either exposing my #DadBod.

Big fan of Peter Miller, especially their feather weight line. The 2 button means I don’t have to button it for it to fit right in the collar, they look good with jeans & boots for work, great material for golf in the heat & just an overall great shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should add a follow up.

What's typical price range?
Are you inclined to buy new or on sale?

Does price dictate your buying process for shirts?

I’m price conscious and usually I’ll wait to find a sale and then go ham. TM runs a warehouse sale once a year and I usually add some pieces then.

Sometimes a print/design will catch my eye so I’ll buy it price be damned

Typical price range usually $35-$80 depending on the brand or style.

Matte Grey.
Love the materials (very soft and comfortable)and color schemes.
Usually buy the sample packs so only have $20 into shirts that cost much more.
Of the golf shirts I wear (maybe 7 or 8 brands)I get the most compliments on them.

Some pics of the recent sample packs

Other than those I love UA shirts and typically buy for $30-$40.

I look for sales and price plays a big role as I have plenty of other things I'd rather blow $70 on

a10a7085bc283aa1b07dbfa49f6e2aea.jpg
acf03311e70342fc1cd93c735ab69a55.jpg
57fdee420f2bea84b99ef0637e272eb2.jpg

$80 or so a shirt isn’t a deal breaker but if I find them on sale either at the store or online, I’m all about it. Price does dictate a little bit but I’m willing to pay for the quality.

If price is not an issue, I really like Dunning. Nothing more than their shirts have a nice classic look, fit me perfectly, and are super comfortable. They tend to be on the pricey side though so I don't have a ton of them.

Aside from that, it's hit the clearance rack unless there is something I really have to have. I'll wear pretty much any brand. Most are shirts I can wear to work too.

I tend to lean more towards the classic brands with some color. Footjoy would be my absolute favorite but I usually wait until they are cut down in price because a hundred bucks for a shirt that I’m gonna sweat in just doesn’t make sense. I look around on eBay for deals on items that are new with tags and are way cheaper than in the store.

The FootJoy ones I have bought lately are great looking, light, and great wearing. Definitely my favorite in the closet right now.

Personal favourite is Puma, for some reason the fit is just right for my not ready for prime time figure. They also carry some nice fabrics and the style suits me. Usually can get them for 40% of retail on sale or catching a deal on EBay.

Price plays into my golf shirt selection big time. I always have one or two in rotation that are nicer and I don't worry as much about the cost, but for my daily "on course" shirt, I look for deals.

J. Lindeberg TX Jersey polo.

Fits well, comfortable in all conditions, looks good IMO.

ua playoff medium in loose fit. favorite by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PGA Tour usually on sale at JC Penneys.

Puma or Galvin Green are my favorite right now but I’m starting to get more cost conscious because my shirts rarely last more than a season.

I usually go with solid color slacks or shorts, so polo shirts are where I focus on style, colors, and patterns. For that reason, I have a lot of brands among my shirts. U/A, Puma, Nike, Walter Hagen, Oakley, Travis Matthews, and a few more. Up until this year, U/A led the pack IMO on style. This year for some reason they seem to have really fallen off their game. On the other hand, Walter Hagen took a big step up this year.

Golf attire is my everyday clothing and I get a lot of compliments at work, and on and off the course for my choice of attire.

The majority of my golf shirts are either Under Armour or Nike. They vary in style from fitted to loose. And all types of colours. Price really is not an option if I like it , throw it in the bag

Peter Millar and Straight Down are my go tos right now.

I find Adidas a really good fit for me. Tried Under Armour but the sleeves felt too long, Galvin Green don't suit my errrrrr shape

When i spend the money, Volition by Puma, Not of the time it's PGA brand and i try to find a sale..golf and also wear to the office

FJ shirts are my favorite right now. They are the most comfortable. But any shirt made out of the "wicking" cooling material suits me just fine .... since I sweat like a ***** in church all year long. :act-up:

Adidas and Footjoy are my current favorites in the XXL category.

Back