Short Par 4 - Feedback and Review (no codes/referral links)

Kind of driving me insane seeing that. Before calling them out for an off brand research the brand. Also they advertise as a golf Lifestyle box that means not everything they send will be meant for the course a nice cotton shirt can be great for after round meals at the course etc.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Actually, the brand was Johnny-O. It's a brand by the brother of a "famous" actor. Had to google it, so I consider it an off-brand. I'm sorry if I am not as cultured and fashion savvy as the both of you, which begs the question: why would you need a service like this, anyway?

Actually, the brand was Johnny-O. It's a brand by the brother of a "famous" actor. Had to google it, so I consider it an off-brand. I'm sorry if I am not as cultured and fashion savvy as the both of you, which begs the question: why would you need a service like this, anyway?

I like Johnny-O as well. And to answer your question as to why I need a service like this...... well,

I don't really. I can go and buy clothes when I want and do so often. What I like about this particular service is that it's like Christmas every month. I'm getting something that I have no idea what's coming. I also like the idea of getting things that I like that I wouldn't be able to just go in a store and buy, like Devereux and Johnny-O as well as be introduced to new brands that I probably wouldn't know about otherwise or know about, but haven't seen in person. Case in point, the Chase 54 shorts that I got last month. I've seen their shirts for sale in my pro shop for much more than I'm willing to pay for one, and knew they made shorts, but had never given ordering a pair a thought and went with brands that I already knew about. When I got the shorts, they quickly became one of my favorites. They have a rubber strip on the inside of the belt line which keeps the shirt tucked in perfectly. I had never known about nor thought about how great that would be until they sent me them. Now I've ordered 2 additional pair because I like them so much.

I decided to wear the compression socks they sent this morning, and they're extremely nice on my tired old feet. So I decided that I would actually look them up and see about ordering some more. I found their website and at $25 a pair, I don't think I will be making that purchase no matter how nice they feel.

To be honest, I didn't know they even made athletic style socks that cost $25 a pair.

I decided to wear the compression socks they sent this morning, and they're extremely nice on my tired old feet. So I decided that I would actually look them up and see about ordering some more. I found their website and at $25 a pair, I don't think I will be making that purchase no matter how nice they feel.

To be honest, I didn't know they even made athletic style socks that cost $25 a pair.

Didn't they send you the coupon code to get 40% off? Still not cheap at $15 though.

Didn't they send you the coupon code to get 40% off? Still not cheap at $15 though.

They may have, to be honest I didn't check.....oops. I still don't think I'd buy a $15 pair of socks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I got my first box and it was an adidas polo and blue callaway shorts. For $35 I was happy, Ill give it another month

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Kentwool socks are the best golf socks on the market! PERIOD!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Were they Kentwool socks?

I got my first box and it was an adidas polo and blue callaway shorts. For $35 I was happy, Ill give it another month

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That was what I received in my first box as well.

Got my Box today. Ashworth pants, Adidas Shirt, Compression socks, Taylormade towel. Pretty happy again!

9c931f60d8dc6b52221056227093de85.jpg

I got my box last week. Adidas shirt, TM golf towel and the infamous $25 socks. I like everything, was hoping for a little more, but I'll keep it for another month just to see what next month brings.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

It seems like you get a good to great box every couple months and get kinda average boxes the others. I feel like so far I've always gotten my $45 worth. I'm going to keep it rolling til I get a string of disappointing boxes.

It seems like you get a good to great box every couple months and get kinda average boxes the others. I feel like so far I've always gotten my $45 worth. I'm going to keep it rolling til I get a string of disappointing boxes.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. I've always gotten my $45 worth, but there have been a couple boxes that were simply outstanding which made the next box a bit disappointing until I looked at the value for my investment. I'm still coming out ahead.

Differences in style..

Differences in style..

Ha anyone seen what different packages with different styles are like. For instance the ones posted or those the athletic type or the wacky one.. I'm young(er) and into odd colors but don't want to be walking around looking like a tool

Ha anyone seen what different packages with different styles are like. For instance the ones posted or those the athletic type or the wacky one.. I'm young(er) and into odd colors but don't want to be walking around looking like a tool

I'd say try the athletic style. You still get some color in the box but not orange and lime green.

What I've seen is the athletic box is colors, but wearable without being... Loud is the term I'm going to use. The athletic box I got had an Adidas shirt, horizontal stripes with white and blues.

Traditional is whites and khaki pants, very inoffensive and sedate. (Think the older club members in Caddyshack)

The rickie fowler box is day glo Orange and lime green type things, you have to really be able to pull of the "woah, that's a lot of color" look.

I've not seen all of the boxes each month, just some examples posted here and other places. The general impression is if you like the champions tour scripting go traditional, if you like Jordan's scripting go athletic, if you like Rickie's scripting go with that one ( I can't remember what it's called). The boxes won't be the same clothes, but it's stuff you wouldn't be surprised to see them in.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I found their page on Facebook last night. Based on this thread (and the AUGUST20 code) I decided to give it a try. I am just getting in to golf, and I wear the shirts to work, so this seems like a good service for me.

Thanks to those who have written reviews and shown the content of their boxes.

I just ordered really can't decide between loud and athletic so went loud. We shall see how this goes! I just hope I don't end up with a towel and socks I guess

I just ordered really can't decide between loud and athletic so went loud. We shall see how this goes! I just hope I don't end up with a towel and socks I guess

I contemplated the loud as well. I went with athletic for now, we'll see how it goes. Best of luck!

So I wasnt going to post, I've just been reading what everyone has gotten.

But then I saw everyone get a similar style of thing for August that I did not get. Im signed up any style, and in August I got.

1) A super AWESOME hat from http://blackcloverusa.com/, its the white with black clover one I got.
2) Adidas Climacool Lime green Polo (that I like)

Jsut curious if anyone else got this. If not I guess just my luck, but im curious if its because it was my first month.

So I wasnt going to post, I've just been reading what everyone has gotten.

But then I saw everyone get a similar style of thing for August that I did not get. Im signed up any style, and in August I got.

1) A super AWESOME hat from http://blackcloverusa.com/, its the white with black clover one I got.
2) Adidas Climacool Lime green Polo (that I like)

Jsut curious if anyone else got this. If not I guess just my luck, but im curious if its because it was my first month.

I saw a few others get the black clover hat as well and it wasn't their first month. I know one who got a black and pink hat and a pink shirt. He was signed up for the loud style.

I saw a few others get the black clover hat as well and it wasn't their first month. I know one who got a black and pink hat and a pink shirt. He was signed up for the loud style.

See that's exactly what I was worried about I'm looking for the loud blues and greens and but definitely not looking for an entire pink wardrobe.

I would be right into this if they shipped to the UK, I really like a lot of the stuff that's been posted. Hopefully in the future they'll open up to overseas...

Someone has a short video review on YouTube you can check out, just type in short par 4. I like the bold and athletic look, and wanted to try this as well. Let me k ow what you think about the youtube review.

Back