Short Par 4 - Feedback and Review (no codes/referral links)

Evan

Reaction score
Handicap
12 ish
Just saw an ad on Facebook for a golf clothes subscription box and didn't know if anyone has used them before?

Interesting concept that I think has been tried before. Just don't see this getting much traction, let alone becoming a profitable venture for these guys. I have no issues picking out my own golf clothes, so I don't see much value in this.

Yeah I agree, I don't think I would ever use it.

I actually like the idea Alot. If they actually sent good stuff every month. I would be interested in it..I like getting new stuff in mail and add the fact it would golf stuff every month it be exciting getting new golf stuff and it being a surprise.

Just saw an ad on Facebook for a golf clothes subscription box and didn't know if anyone has used them before?

I just saw the same ad and was curious as well. Interesting concept, but I am a little picky about what I by to wear on the course and their no return policy scares me a bit.

I just saw the same ad and was curious as well. Interesting concept, but I am a little picky about what I by to wear on the course and their no return policy scares me a bit.
Mail order + no return policy = deal breaker

This is a common business plan these days in clothing, but I've never seen it not allow returns. That is an absolute deal breaker.

There is a market for stuff like Trunk Club, where a stylist sends you nice stuff to wear for work, etc. I don't see the market being as good for golf.

I like the idea but would need to be able to return items that didn't work. If they did that, I'd give this a try.

Update: per their web site returns are not allowed for style preferences but exchanges are allowed for sizing/fit issues (must be communicated within 7 days by email). This seems fair.

Update: per their web site returns are not allowed for style preferences but exchanges are allowed for sizing/fit issues (must be communicated within 7 days by email). This seems fair.
Is this like other clothing setups like this where you give them ideas on styles you like and then they send you what they think you'd like? If I'm still getting it sight unseen, returns would have to be an option, at least for me, not just size exchanges.

From what I saw on their web site they guide you through picking a style category. The two I remember were traditional and athletic (don't remember other two). There are pictures, written descriptions and tour players shown to help explain the categories. It looks like once in a category you are committed to the items provided, at least based on style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've seen it in the suit world and the 'semi-casual/IWearJeansAndaBlazertotheBar" world, but never in golf clothes. I'm sure somewhere, there are some people who would use it. Probably people who live at the country club or something. But not me. I'm more of a "get it at the outlet mall" kind of guy.

~Rock

I am going to try it out. Worst case scenario I get some ugly clothes for $35.00 and cancel my subscription.

I just signed up as well. They offer a coupon code for $10 off the first month. Also I found on their instagram page a code for $20 off that is a week old - BIRDIE20. Unfortunately I found this after I had subscribed.

From what I saw on their web site they guide you through picking a style category. The two I remover were traditional and athletics (don't remember other two). There are pictures, written descriptions and tour players shown to help explain the categories. It looks like once in a category you are committed to the items provided, at least based on style.

One was all inclusive, and the other was wild or something (i.e. - bold and loud).

I signed up for all-inclusive - and I will post my thoughts after I receive my first shipment.

Also, based on their communication via instagram with others, the box could be shorts and a polo one month, a pullover another month, and a pair shoes in the following month.

Seems like their old model was they shipped you a box of items, you kept and paid for what you liked and returned what you didn't. This $45/mo subscription model is very new.

Just heard about these today on here, seems like a cool idea. I would go Classic styling myself, but as I only play 14 rounds a year I do not need these. As soon as I start playing more I may look into this service

Assuming they're still around, I plan to get in on this in the Summer. I figure it gives me a fixed budget on golf clothing, and I get new stuff every month. Seems worth it.

I golf with a bunch of slums...I don't need to impress them.

I signed up last week and got the first month for $25, I figure the worst case scenario is I don't like what I get and I can cancel right after that. Definitely worth a shot in my opinion

For the price, it may not be a bad deal. I checked into Trunk Club last year, but the all of the prices were full MSRP on everything and was not a good value. This seems a bit more reasonable.

Just signed up for the Athletic membership I will be interested to see what it has in it. I figure worst case I cancel after the first month. After the coupon code it cost me $25 for the first month so not to bad for a trial.

Have any of you that tried this out received your box yet? I'm curious to see what came!

Back