Oakley Sunglasses

Oakley's were too much $$$.

I have Smith glasses with interchangable lenses they have been great just like my Smith ski googles

bajapalm;n8881155 said:
Did anyone else have problems with the Flaks being too small for your big head? I want to like them but they don't play well with my XL head

What about them don't fit? Visually, or too narrow?

bajapalm;n8881155 said:
Did anyone else have problems with the Flaks being too small for your big head? I want to like them but they don't play well with my XL head

I wear a 7 5/8 and I found the flak jackets squeezed my melon a bit.

Canadan;n8881966 said:
What about them don't fit? Visually, or too narrow?

Yes too narrow and too much open underneath
My turbines fit great but the earpieces are right where the hat sits. So you either go on top or try and raise hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a pair of cold fusion with prescription lenses.... they are awesome. Love them so much.

bajapalm;n8882074 said:
Yes too narrow and too much open underneath
My turbines fit great but the earpieces are right where the hat sits. So you either go on top or try and raise hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried Oakley EV?

mancest;n8882089 said:
Bought a pair of cold fusion with prescription lenses.... they are awesome. Love them so much.

Pic? I have Rx also and always on the look out for another pair. Do you have the Prizm lenses in them?

Snickerdog;n8882664 said:
Pic? I have Rx also and always on the look out for another pair. Do you have the Prizm lenses in them?

My astigmatism is so bad no prizm for me:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566396713.5424.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566396713.5424.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 1
Canadan;n8882655 said:
Have you tried Oakley EV?

No I never tried them - Are they that much bigger? I am also concerned with the straight earpiece and it would be like my Turbines which I love - but it's always a battle for space between my ear and hat - lol I also tried the Rex wraps and the more jacket type and the wraps are awesome for fit but the jacket ones way too small

bajapalm;n8883395 said:
No I never tried them - Are they that much bigger? I am also concerned with the straight earpiece and it would be like my Turbines which I love - but it's always a battle for space between my ear and hat - lol I also tried the Rex wraps and the more jacket type and the wraps are awesome for fit but the jacket ones way too small

I'm in love with radarlock, which fit easily underneath my hat. I think Radar EV was the next gen but they a bit too wide for my preference, figured they would suit you well.

Canadan;n8883451 said:
I'm in love with radarlock, which fit easily underneath my hat. I think Radar EV was the next gen but they a bit too wide for my preference, figured they would suit you well.

Checking out the Radar Ev on the Oakley website and saw the Targetline model which may be a good fit for a jughead - since I already have golf prizm wondering what lens would be next best for golf as well as the beach??
like I said I have the Reks wraps in a blue polarized that are a really nice lens and frame - so something different would be nice - I have worn the Reks blue for golfing and they were fine - I just seem to always end up taking them off even though I wear sunnies most all the time

bajapalm;n8886562 said:
Checking out the Radar Ev on the Oakley website and saw the Targetline model which may be a good fit for a jughead - since I already have golf prizm wondering what lens would be next best for golf as well as the beach??
like I said I have the Reks wraps in a blue polarized that are a really nice lens and frame - so something different would be nice - I have worn the Reks blue for golfing and they were fine - I just seem to always end up taking them off even though I wear sunnies most all the time

I adore my prizm swallow water and deep water. I think the shallow is a bit better for golf with the transmission, but both work well.

Big Head alert!
I found this video review on YTube about good options in bigger frames - the first reviews are all Oakley - I actually like all of them and wish I wouldn't have watched it - lol

https://youtu.be/h6tUcV83GN8

i've been liking the flak 2.0 XLs. the golf prizm is light, but effective.

These went on Sale today. A strange number, only 100 (why!?) made. Clicked on the link and they were sold out haha

They are pretty sweet though. I love dark golf lenses.

1604334716763.png

Late answer, but I have both the Radar EV and Targetline (Oakleys have been the only sunglasses I wear for about the past 30 years). The Targetline do fit bigger heads well, but the only problem I have with them is that the earpieces don't grip your head like the Radars do, so they're more likely to move around/fall off. I wear my sunglasses up on the brim of my cap most of the time while I'm golfing and I've had the Targetlines fall off my head several times, while the Radars stay put.

Back