Arm sleeves for sun protection?

Grins;n8875059 said:
If most people are like me, I have a ton of short sleeve polos but few long sleeve golf shirts with the nice fabric. This turns all of those into long sleeve shirts at a fraction of the price.

Thank you for reply, now I understand.

I use them and they are awesome. The heat index was close to 110 yesterday and I can’t really tell they are any hotter than bare skin. Would highly recommend them for everyone. I actually have decent melanin but my forearms have started to look old now that I’m approaching 50. So it’s more of a vanity thing for me than a health thing. But if I was fair I would have used them as soon as they came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long sleeve, loose fitting white shirt is a solid option.

I’ve been wearing sun sleeves for a while now and I love them. Nike and UA make some good, colorful options that stay in place and breathe well.

Don’t mess with the sun - buy them and don’t look back.

DG_1234;n8874939 said:
Why not wear long sleeve shirts year round ?

Far, far too hot for long sleeves from May-September where I live. I used to try to buy really lightweight long sleeve shirts (before the sun sleeves were available) and they just don't make them breathable enough.

The sun sleeves are form-fitting and moisture wicking so the sweat evaporates nearly as fast as from bare arms. Plus you get some air up under the sleeves of the shirt. Much cooler.

*Range Rat;n8875112 said:

Maybe in the desert. The last thing you want when it's 93F and 106 heat index is to trap a bunch of air under a blousy, loose-fitting shirt. It would be like a river under the there.

Et Tu Brute?;n8875150 said:
Far, far too hot for long sleeves from May-September where I live. I used to try to buy really lightweight long sleeve shirts (before the sun sleeves were available) and they just don't make them breathable enough.

The sun sleeves are form-fitting and moisture wicking so the sweat evaporates nearly as fast as from bare arms. Plus you get some air up under the sleeves of the shirt. Much cooler.

Thanks for your reply. For me this is an interesting thread topic because I've never seen anybody wearing sun sleeves, on a golf course or anywhere else.

I use them on occasion. The Nike Golf ones.

Lots of thpers wearing these. I don't and don't have plans to.

*Range Rat;n8875112 said:

Not all shirts have SPF 50 fabric either

Just ordered a set of 3 Shinymod sun sleeves for $18.95 off Amazon. Will try them out this weekend.

scott.french3;n8875901 said:
Just ordered a set of 3 Shinymod sun sleeves for $18.95 off Amazon. Will try them out this weekend.

You got three arms? Never seen a golfer with three arms!

Et Tu Brute?;n8875925 said:
You got three arms? Never seen a golfer with three arms!

Hahahahaha 3 pairs of sleeves. navy, neon green and white.

I have worn the Nike sleeves for the last 3 years and needed a new pair. Took a chance on the FJ ones I bought on amazon. They are one size fits all, and i was worried about that. They are ya da down my fav now. They are not as tight or compression-like. They are way more stretchy than Nike (hence the OSFA) and softer too. Cooler with them on that direct sunlight.

I like.

Sun here is a killer, I always try and wear them when I'm on the course. Favorites are the FJ ones. Wish they came in another color. Also have some Adidas and Nike ones, plus some cheaper ones. There is a noticeable difference between the more expensive and cheaper ones imo.

I can't speak from my own experiences wearing them because I never have, but after playing rounds with Putterbutter and hearing his thoughts I'm strongly considering them.

The ones he uses (not sure of the brand) are moisture wicking and keeps your arms cooler. I'm gonna have to give them a try tho.

I was very sceptical of the sun sleeves but from the fist time I wore them I was completely sold. They are amazing. They not only keep the UV off the skin but also as long as there is a little breeze make me feel much cooler.

I live and play in Bangkok where the sun shines, the temperature is always over 30 degrees and it is very humid. I've never liked playing in a long sleeve shirt but here in Bangkok I felt no matter how much sunscreen I wear I wasn't getting the sun protection on my arms that I wanted. The sleeves protect my skin and the sweat evaporating from the sleeves keeps me much cooler, so much so I wear them whether the sun is out or not.

My wife wears them here in Northern Arizona and loves the pink ones with rhinestones. However, that may or may not be your style, not that there is anything wrong with that...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wore some, first time for an afternoon round I knew would be brutal. Still make fun of myself for them but I'm a believer now. Arms stayed cool, and protected.

I started wearing the quick dry fishing shirts UNDER my golf shirts. It’s hot at first, but the sun stays off me and I stay cool.
Same shirt as the fishermen were out in the Gulf

Brucem609;n8896189 said:
I started wearing the quick dry fishing shirts UNDER my golf shirts. It’s hot at first, but the sun stays off me and I stay cool.
Same shirt as the fishermen were out in the Gulf

Are you saying you wear a long-sleeve shirt and then a short-sleeve shirt on top of it? On a hot day?

OMG!

Yes, the 2 shirts are a bit warm but actually it’s not terrible! The long sleeve shirt wicks the sweat and is light fitting, sorta like a UA heat gear shirt. The club still requires a collar, so....
having no sun in the skin makes it bearable!

Interesting to see opinions here. I am still considering the Nike Solar arm sleeves for full sun days. One thing that concerns me is how well they stay in place. Do any of you find it rolls down after a few swings?

Back