The Second Button

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I find that so many brands screw up the 2nd button on shirts. Either its way too low or its way too high. Why is it so hard?

Some like chokers and some like to let the chest hair peak out.

I don’t know but I agree seems like it should be pretty easy thing to get right.

Canadan;n8879351 said:
I get annoyed if a company makes a shirt with only two buttons instead of three, also.

Some companies like to party, and some are stuffy. I have shirts from both, I do prefer the party mode three button vs stuffy two button

MWard;n8879364 said:
Some companies like to party, and some are stuffy. I have shirts from both, I do prefer the party mode three button vs stuffy two button

I define many two button companies as the "chest hair collective"

Two buttons are dumb and so are 4

I just keep them all unbuttoned To maximize chest hair exposure.

Seriously. Only have a couple Peter Miller shirts, but the buttons alone have held me back from buying more.

wubears71;n8879372 said:
I just keep them all unbuttoned To maximize chest hair exposure.
Forum name confirms this

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

baylrballa;n8879374 said:
Seriously. Only have a couple Peter Miller shirts, but the buttons alone have held me back from buying more.

Love their shorts. Hate their shirts for that reason. I just cannot get comfy with the way the buttons work without buying a size too big and then it looks like a tent.

wubears71;n8879377 said:
Love their shorts. Hate their shirts for that reason. I just cannot get comfy with the way the buttons work without buying a size too big and then it looks like a tent.

Same here but I can put up with it because I love everything else with their shirts. They have a 2 button style that is perfect unbuttoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really had an issue with this, however i only button the bottom one.

I hate it when the buttons are jacked. I don’t like going with 1 button, but 2 is often just too tight. That said, there is not a problematic button on earth that would have me wear a zipper polo. No offense to you younger guys that can pull this look off, but it better have long sleeves as an outer layer for me to use a zippered top.

0BE56E78-FF73-4256-B081-93D453F8C4C9.png

Completely agree. It doesn’t bother me that much on the golf course but it drives me nuts in the office.

MWard;n8879364 said:

I am more of a party company fan! I don't like to feel choked!

Attachments

• 918E0A30-25DF-436C-8E94-65478679F36B.jpeg
    918E0A30-25DF-436C-8E94-65478679F36B.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
baylrballa;n8879374 said:

I find the buttons on Millar to be near perfect for the current collection. Some of the older cotton stuff was pretty low though on the 2nd button.

I'm a fan of the buttons on my J Lindeberg shirts. I can go 1 button without looking trailer park ready, and I can go 2 without feeling a squeeze on my neck.
So many of my other polos are ruined due to lousy button placement

JB;n8879444 said:
I find the buttons on Millar to be near perfect for the current collection. Some of the older cotton stuff was pretty low though on the 2nd button.

Their sizes are different than most though. Their mediums swim on me in comparison to others. PM, I need a small to not look like I’m wearing a potato sack and that’s so weird to me

I go way out of my way to avoid golf shirts with 3 buttons. Much prefer 2 button only for some reason.

It seems like there should be some kind of standard for 2 button placements.

I was just thinking of this today! Got my head half way through and realized I forgot to open one more button on that shirt.

LOL, I have never heard anyone complain about the second button on a shirt before. If I’m wearing a polo, I generally have the first 2 buttons undone so maybe that’s why it’s never bothered me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back