2019 Callaway Fall Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like that fleece. I love the weather series that we got for the Grandaddy, and adding the swing tech design would be an improvement there. Might need to be on the lookout for when Callaway Apparel has a coupon.

I really like that they fixed the sizing issues for their polos. They have had some good designs in the past and I have paused not knowing how they would fit. Now that the sizing and cut is fixed I might take a leap and getting a couple in rotation.

• Admin
mikeg_74;n8884677 said:
I really like that they fixed the sizing issues for their polos. They have had some good designs in the past and I have paused not knowing how they would fit. Now that the sizing and cut is fixed I might take a leap and getting a couple in rotation.

I cant say for sure it is across the board, but the stuff I received fit very well.

mikeg_74;n8884677 said:
Agreed.

I've always enjoyed Callaway apparel, but being unable to buy online due to inconsistent fit has always prevented me from going there.

JB;n8884683 said:
I cant say for sure it is across the board, but the stuff I received fit very well.

Recently their Tour Issue and now this Swing Tech line seems to be a better fit. I still see some stuff that is boxy and has too much material through the mid section in local stores.

• Admin
mikeg_74;n8884698 said:
Recently their Tour Issue and now this Swing Tech line seems to be a better fit. I still see some stuff that is boxy and has too much material through the mid section in local stores.

I do too. I think that for cut they are still more traditional than slim fit, but not nearly has brown paper bag look anymore. At least for the items that were received.

Now this is getting me excited for December. Especially that 1/4 Zip!!

Nice review. The fits true to size is important especially in shorts. I kinda fall in between sizes and it makes it easier to go up or down when you know it fits pretty true to size.

Snickerdog;n8884773 said:
Nice review. The fits true to size is important especially in shorts. I kinda fall in between sizes and it makes it easier to go up or down when you know it fits pretty true to size.

Check out the shorts section of the review. The stretch waist should help that.

Nothing new in their Women's Plus line, but they are having a pretty good sale on their summer stuff.

I hate being a MeLarge.. mediums can be great but if sleeves are too short and ride up that's annoying, and larges can just swim on me.

Will give anything a shot that fits well and is comfortable, half my work attire is now golf stuff too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greekelite;n8884832 said:
I hate being a MeLarge.. mediums can be great but if sleeves are too short and ride up that's annoying, and larges can just swim on me.

Will give anything a shot that fits well and is comfortable, half my work attire is now golf stuff too

When you get into more traditional sizing, away form the sport brands, you will probably find that the medium works. Brands like this one, Peter Millar, etc.

JB;n8884838 said:
When you get into more traditional sizing, away form the sport brands, you will probably find that the medium works. Brands like this one, Peter Millar, etc.
Pretty much what I've experienced. Tho the Under armor I'm wearing now is a medium, the couple Nikes I have are larges, etc.

My Travis Matthew t-shirt is a large and fits great too.

But I love that polo that's on the image of the Facebook post, going to have to give that a look

Thorough review - Liked that you washed them and commented on the clothing's condition.
May have to pick up some Polos on clearance as I have enjoyed the "Resort Wear" Sizing of the past.

That 1/4 zip looks really nice, I might have to look in to one this fall. I'm not sure about the look of that Polo though, it's a little different design.

Thanks for the great review and feedback Team THP! We are SO excited about this collection and re-defining what customers know about Callaway Apparel. As a brand, we have become laser-focused on one true goal: creating technically superior products designed for golfers. With tons of new Swing Tech styles and a totally revamped Weather Series lineup (more to come in the Fall), we are proud to say that, without a doubt, this is our finest and most complete lineup ever.

If the polo that was pictured was not your style, we have a wide variety of new options that you can see here:

I like the way that you did this review - very informative. Glad they have moved from the 10” inseam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you say they are ok, but the 9" inseam on the shorts are worrysome nonetheless. I have some 10" inseam shorts that look great when standing but when sitting are a different story. Seems like an odd decision to go to 9". Thats a full 1.5" shorter than my beloved Puma Jackpot shorts.

I really like the way the polos are cut on the arms. Many times I get polos that have too short or too long sleeves. I don't like the sleeves long, but if they are too short then I don't even wear the shirt.

The fleece looks very comfortable.

Love to see the new stuff, the tour Authentic line is SO good. Will have to hit the website and check out all the options with the new stuff.

jdtox;n8885316 said:
I see you say they are ok, but the 9" inseam on the shorts are worrysome nonetheless. I have some 10" inseam shorts that look great when standing but when sitting are a different story. Seems like an odd decision to go to 9". Thats a full 1.5" shorter than my beloved Puma Jackpot shorts.

I have to say I was really worried about them too. When they arrived, I thought no way in heck. They fall right at the top of my knee, and I have actually gravitated towards them because less restriction when golfing. I cant believe I am even typing that honestly haha. I struggle a bit as rounds go on with shorts sliding down and covering my knee area, which drives me nuts as I constantly hike them up. No issues here.

JB;n8885335 said:
I have to say I was really worried about them too. When they arrived, I thought no way in heck. They fall right at the top of my knee, and I have actually gravitated towards them because less restriction when golfing. I cant believe I am even typing that honestly haha. I struggle a bit as rounds go on with shorts sliding down and covering my knee area, which drives me nuts as I constantly hike them up. No issues here.

Well thats interesting. Maybe not as short then as I picture in my head. Just seeing that 1.5" difference on paper is quite a shock.

jdtox;n8885370 said:
Well thats interesting. Maybe not as short then as I picture in my head. Just seeing that 1.5" difference on paper is quite a shock.

Easy test that I would love to know. Since everybodys legs are different. My regular shorts fall to the middle of my knee. These fall to the top of the knee. Next time you are wearing shorts, measure off 1.5" from the bottom and see where they would fall. Genuinely curious.

I guess that measurement depends on where the inseam starts right? Some shorts may hang further down before the inseam starts so one brands 9" may be another's 10 or 10.5". Based on what I'm currently wearing a 9" inseam would be about 1" above my knee which for me is too short.

I'm curious can you lay these on top of a pair of jackpot shorts and see where the differences are?

Back