2019 Callaway Fall Apparel Review

Really like some of the stuff that Grandaddy participants got last year and this collection is no different. Seem to be implementing some elements of the Travis Mathew style into these - they look great, especially the pullovers

jdtox;n8885389 said:
I guess that measurement depends on where the inseam starts right? Some shorts may hang further down before the inseam starts so one brands 9" may be another's 10 or 10.5". Based on what I'm currently wearing a 9" inseam would be about 1" above my knee which for me is too short.

I'm curious can you lay these on top of a pair of jackpot shorts and see where the differences are?

That is very true. So I just laid these on top of Jackpots and they are about 1" shorter in length.

on one hand, 9" inseam seams about perfect. 8" is borderline too short, 10" is absolutely too long. i'm very interested in the shorts, for sure.

hearing that the fit is more traditional and not euro has me just a little worried. some brands (that rhyme with joot foy) are massive, and swallow the slighter-sized of us.

9" inseam is right where I need it. Didn't love the design of the shirt, but glad they got the sizing trued up. I have a few Callaway pieces and generally like the look.

Love the look of a lot of the stuff on the new arrivals page of their website.

mpeterson;n8884619 said:
I really like that fleece. I love the weather series that we got for the Grandaddy, and adding the swing tech design would be an improvement there. Might need to be on the lookout for when Callaway Apparel has a coupon.
You took the words out of my mouth! Gonna keep an eye out for a coupon for the fleece. I really like the look of it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

quick little pic from me. this is the shoulder of the callaway shirt we received at the 2019 grandaddy of em all.

728B9445-FD6F-45BC-97F6-9BFB0677D69E.jpeg

the construction of that seam allows for a free range of motion. if i understand correctly this is a raglan seam. they have used this seam in their outerwear as well.

one of the most impressive things about the callaway-branded apparel we received was the performance 1/4 zip. very few of us removed it during the fittings. that is a huge testament to how it did not impede the swing at all. callaway was very thoughtful and intentional in designing pieces for golfers to play their best.

i’m excited for the 2020 lineup. the shirt we received fits well, but the travis mathew attire fits my body type better. callaway may have something coming soon that will offer me an option that will work really well.

quick little pic from me. this is the shoulder of the callaway shirt we received at the 2019 grandaddy of em all.

View attachment 8918258

the construction of that seam allows for a free range of motion. if i understand correctly this is a raglan seam. they have used this seam in their outerwear as well.

one of the most impressive things about the callaway-branded apparel we received was the performance 1/4 zip. very few of us removed it during the fittings. that is a huge testament to how it did not impede the swing at all. callaway was very thoughtful and intentional in designing pieces for golfers to play their best.

i’m excited for the 2020 lineup. the shirt we received fits well, but the travis mathew attire fits my body type better. callaway may have something coming soon that will offer me an option that will work really well.
That shirt was so comfortable!!!! There where no issues what so ever with binding of any sort while swinging. Breathability was excellent.

I enjoyed the polo and quarter zip from Callaway Apparel. I also brought the swing tech shorts with me and wore them for the whole event.

The swing tech gear is legit and very functional for golf while mixing great styling with athletic functionality.

Love this black Callaway 1/4 zip. I am wearing it at work today. Brisk weather out today and they like to keep the building cool here. This thing is so comfortable and warm. It will get a lot of use.

While the colors in this pic are a little muted, the comfort of the shirt is fantastic. The Swing Tech aspect of it helps make it even easier to move without being hindered.

7B923B89-F3D8-4DB1-AFBA-43BC464BE668.jpeg
81665E53-1BC6-475C-8B6A-2360792EEF49.jpeg

View attachment 8918258

I really hope that this tech has already or will make its way over to the TM line, as their materials and fits appeal to me a bit more. But yeah, the 1/4 zip was perfect for swinging !

I really hope that this tech has already or will make its way over to the TM line, as their materials and fits appeal to me a bit more. But yeah, the 1/4 zip was perfect for swinging !

the biggest compliment to the 1/4 zip is that many of us forgot we were wearing it. the movement was so good it was never noticed. that’s pretty huge

the biggest compliment to the 1/4 zip is that many of us forgot we were wearing it. the movement was so good it was never noticed. that’s pretty huge
This ^^. That was what I noticed, well didn’t notice. I went through almost my whole fitting without realizing I was still wearing mine. If I felt any restrictions I would have immediately taken it off. It wasn't until I got to the end of the fitting where the temp picked up that I even realized I still had it on. I was a big fan of all the zips we got. This one will definitely make the cut for my permanent rotation

I believe Alex said the fabric has pores that actually open and close to help regulate temperature as well. Like what?!?

Back