Do you need the prescription sunglasses? I can’t tell from the original question. If you don’t, they are far less expensive but of course if you need them it’s certainly more expensive than standard (but less than other brands apples to apples)

Yes, single vision prescription.

Prescription lens sunglasses from Costco here in the states are less than $100, so yeah, pricey :). I have a pair of prescription with the Sport frame and brown lenses. Cost was $125. Non-polarized.

Fair do’s. I always get my normal glasses from Costco so know they are difficult to match let alone beat price wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up scoring a pair of Reks in my Christmas Grab Bag today! Was really hoping to snag a pair, so very happy that I did.

Looking forward to seeing how they work out against my oddly shaped head!

FYI golfetail has a few models on clearance for ~7-12$ after coupon and free shipping

Any opinions on polycarbonate versus trivex lenses? Looks like trivex a better choice.

Any opinions on polycarbonate versus trivex lenses? Looks like trivex a better choice.

Both are very good. The Trivex just make the course look good but I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who went polycarbonate.

Not sure how everyone else's is holding up but mine are pitiful. My lenses are scratched af. I wear them minimally, since I have like 4 pairs of Oakley's, and I'm not very physical with them. Pretty sad, but I guess that's why they are so affordable.

Not sure how everyone else's is holding up but mine are pitiful. My lenses are scratched af. I wear them minimally, since I have like 4 pairs of Oakley's, and I'm not very physical with them. Pretty sad, but I guess that's why they are so affordable.

Mine are in the rotation with 2-3 other pairs, get use on and off the golf course, in the pool, etc. I haven't seen much scratching at all... I'm pretty good about keeping my glasses away from trouble but I still drop them and toss them in random spots so it's not like they're ever in a bag/case. Heck, I hang them in the pen holder on my bag when I'm not wearing them. For me they've held up pretty well. Great value for the cost IMO, but maybe I just got a good pair or i'm easier on sunglasses? I will say that my buddy is on his second pair after the finish on the frame started to degrade on his first after a year or so, but he's admittedly hard on sunglasses and likes to leave them on the dash of his truck in the sun. That's the only real heavy wear I've witnessed with these. We both have the wayfarer type style.

Mine are holding up well
Got the blue mirror lenses and like them better than my Oakley’s on the bright days

Mine are holding up well
Got the blue mirror lenses and like them better than my Oakley’s on the bright days

They are pretty dark. I'm a fan as well. Wish the frame was a touch wider as some days the amount of pinch in my temples is annoying.

I used mine daily for over a year until I lost them. I definitely had some wear, but I wore mine all day every day, and it wasn't any worse than most sunglasses.

The wraps were no go on my huge melon but the square frame sits nice and I like that they don’t slide down

Thankfully, I've had the opposite experience. I've had my pair for over 2 years now (possibly closer to 3) and i honestly haven't taken the best care of them. I've dropped them on pavement, hard tile, grass, sand, run them over with my clicgear, stored them in my pocket, golf bag, car seat, car storage area and while the arms are a little worn (most likely from sweat, oils, sunscreen), but the lenses aren't scratched at all (smoke colored poly-carbonate polarized lens). Might depend on the lens type and color though.

Thinking of ordering a prescription set soon. Would like to get a lens that's not golf specific but could be used for golf as well.
Would the brown lens be best for everyday and if needed golf once in a while?
I usually wear contacts when I golf but would be nice to have prescription shades as an extra option.

The tech/idea behind the golf lens (per my understanding from reading on the REKS site) is that it brightens your view and increases contrast. I have the REKS golf lenses and if you are familiar with shooting glasses, that's what I would compare it to. Whether it's sunny or cloudy, their golf lenses cut the glare as any sunglasses would do, but also brighten and increase contrast. I don't know that I would wear them for any other use as the lens color isn't my favorite. But for golf they are great. As for other lens types, I think you are going to get glare reduction and beyond that, I think it's just a matter of preference. If you're going to get the prescription shades primarily for golf purposes, I think I would get the ones designed for that and maybe get another pair (prescription or otherwise) for other purposes. The golf lens is Trivex (which is available in a lot of their glasses) but it lets 30% of the light through which is more than standard sunglasses. They are also photochromatic, ie...darken in bright light and become less dark in regular lighting, and I believe the golf lenses are the only ones that have that feature.

Maybe there are others who play with REKS non-golf lenses that can advise you if you don't want to go with their specifically designed lenses.

I've been wearing my prescription Rexs for over a year for golf and biking. Love the clarity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses -
Yes I'm familiar with the golf specific lenses from Oakley as I have a non prescription pair
I find that when I golf I actually rarely wear them and just wear a hat with my contacts on
Thinking about the prescription Reks for driving or just daily use but could imagine I might want them for golf if I am having an issue with my contacts for some reason
Just wondering what is the best option for golf that is not the golf specific lens

I picked up another pair of these to wear at work. For anyone out there that is required by OSHA to wear safety glasses while at work, these are a Z87.1 stamped and are a great alternative to the cheap standard issue safety glasses.

Out walking with the kiddo today, and the Reks pair I received in Christmas Grab bags (Dec 2018) are my go to nowadays. Lets skip past that awkward moment when I find the pair of glasses I was excited about over a year ago.

Being a prescription glasses wearer, I didn't initially switch over to the non-prescription Reks I received, but after having problems with glare in the winter snow when out walking, I switched over to the Reks. 6 months later, my prescription lenses stay inside whenever I am doing anything recreational outdoors.

Really enjoying the comfort, and especially how much less strained my eyes feel when outside doing stuff. They are the first pair I grab if going for a walk with the kid, outside to mow the lawn, or really doing anything outdoors that doesn't require prescription lenses. On a bright day I feel great after being outside in the sun all day!
20200530_173713.jpg

Back