UST Mamiya Recoil SMACWRAP Review Thread

I'd agree with this too. 100% It is noticeable, but not as noticeable as steel.

I recommend these to everyone I play with. It's such a smooth feeling shaft - I dont' know if I can ever go back to steel.

Also agree 100%. Feel them a bit more than the standard ES's, but I do like the ball flight and have seen a few more yards out of the SW's.
Regards

I would definitely recommend these, and would also encourage you to try softer grips. Going to Lamkin Comfort + has eliminated the golfer’s elbow that was bothering me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great info. My elbow has been very sore lately. I am using DG s300 stiff. I did change the grips to dritacs about 6 weeks ago. I need to learn more about the shafts and go try hitting with them.

I had a chance to go hit these yesterday. I really thought they felt great and were easy to swing. I got about 30 shots on the sim with this shaft and a black recoil not sure of the number. I am seriously considering switching But I need to look into both recoil shafts some more.

I like this shaft a lot in my hybrid. Very smooth but responsive.

I played the SMAC vs the standard ES last week during a Callaway demo and I did prefer the feel on the standard ES.
Yes the SW will launch a bit lower, but the feel and kick of the ES is better IMHO.

I'm reshafting my z585s that I ordered with SW with Fuji Pro's. If I order another set and the Recoils are an open will go with the standard ES's.
Hope this helps...

i really like these shafts .. but steelfiber looks good too

I played Steelfiber i80 and Recoil 95.

Recoils give you more feel and maybe launch slightly lower. But no performance difference that I could find.

I like this shaft a lot in my hybrid. Very smooth but responsive.

Both of my Rogue's have the 780 SW F4's in them. A God Send.....

I recently purchased nine of the 780 ES SmacWrap Black Stiff and installed in my irons. I did have SteelFiber i110 in my One Length irons, but I wasn't getting the height and length of my previous clubs. I called Cobra's customer service to get tipping guidance. They got the information I needed from their production department so the tipping was correct for each iron. Man, Cobra's customer service is A+!

All I can say is Wow! What a difference these shafts have made in my iron game. I am hitting the ball higher and longer now. The feel is awesome too. All I feel is the ball coming off the face with no vibration or harshness. These shafts are money. Love the look too.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I recently purchased nine of the 780 ES SmacWrap Black Stiff and installed in my irons. I did have SteelFiber i110 in my One Length irons, but I wasn't getting the height and length of my previous clubs. I called Cobra's customer service to get tipping guidance. They got the information I needed from their production department so the tipping was correct for each iron. Man, Cobra's customer service is A+!

All I can say is Wow! What a difference these shafts have made in my iron game. I am hitting the ball higher and longer now. The feel is awesome too. All I feel is the ball coming off the face with no vibration or harshness. These shafts are money. Love the look too.

Glad you're enjoying them. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to steel. Everything about them is smooth.

Glad you're enjoying them. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to steel. Everything about them is smooth.
I am too old to go back to steel. Lol

Just read through the entire thread. Some great feedback from everyone and nice YouYube video by Danny. Serious ponder for these paired with CF19’s (regular not pro).

Just read through the entire thread. Some great feedback from everyone and nice YouYube video by Danny. Serious ponder for these paired with CF19’s (regular not pro).

As much as I want to go Catalyst, I think i'm trusting ECPC and go this route. I know what they can do and it's pretty good for my swing.

As much as I want to go Catalyst, I think i'm trusting ECPC and go this route. I know what they can do and it's pretty good for my swing.

Yeah, your comment the other day in the pondering thread was what prompted me to revisit this thread.

I recently talked @AMart into buying some SMACWRAP 780 iron shafts, which we've installed into his Bridgestone HF2 irons.

I was pretty blown away by both his shot shape and my experiences with the profile. It's a bit lighter than i'd normally intend to game at just under 90 grams, but if they ever made an x-flex version in the 100 gram range I would absolutely throw them in a CB profile and strengthen the lofts a bit to have some fun.

They are impressively stable - ES is so legit and hold strong through the entire swing. I think AMart is going to have a great year with them.

I recently talked @AMart into buying some SMACWRAP 780 iron shafts, which we've installed into his Bridgestone HF2 irons.

I was pretty blown away by both his shot shape and my experiences with the profile. It's a bit lighter than i'd normally intend to game at just under 90 grams, but if they ever made an x-flex version in the 100 gram range I would absolutely throw them in a CB profile and strengthen the lofts a bit to have some fun.

They are impressively stable - ES is so legit and hold strong through the entire swing. I think AMart is going to have a great year with them.

Have a lot of people stuck with these shafts once they put them into play?

I am thinking of pairing these with the Cobra F9 irons.

When I was fit into the recoil 460 my miss was a slice. Now I play a draw and low kick light shafts will hook more. Can anyone suggest heavier, higher kick point recoils to try out.

When I was fit into the recoil 460 my miss was a slice. Now I play a draw and low kick light shafts will hook more. Can anyone suggest heavier, higher kick point recoils to try out.
Recoil 780's!

I love mine and will never go back to steel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Accidentally got es 760 F3 instead of advertised recoil 95 .....a little despondent but after reading this thread I decided to give them a try ...... mildly surprised at the shaft staying with my violent but slow swing! Only hit the 4 and 7i

I'm excited to go with the SMACWRAP shafts again. I had them in my previous Big Bertha OS irons and then ended up not being happy in the F9 OL set with the Fujikura ATMOS shafts. I got fit back into the F3 780 shaft for a bit more weight in the G700. I'm looking forward to getting them delivered and getting them back out on the course.

760 or 780?

760 or 780?

I’m trying to decide between the 760 smacwrap and the 780 smacwrap. I’m not in a location where I can demo. I currently have the prior recoil 760 in my gamers and sometimes feel like they may be a bit light. Can anyone comment on going from the 760 to the 780. Also would be interested in any comments from those that have tried both. Thanks!

I’m trying to decide between the 760 smacwrap and the 780 smacwrap. I’m not in a location where I can demo. I currently have the prior recoil 760 in my gamers and sometimes feel like they may be a bit light. Can anyone comment on going from the 760 to the 780. Also would be interested in any comments from those that have tried both. Thanks!

Consider going 780 and having them softstepped. That’s what I did to get somewhere in between.

I'm having all sorts of trouble timing the Smacwrap in my F8 hybrid.

Back