2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

I just got off the phone with the fitter and he sorta placed the blame on me. He said he asked me playing length which he never did, that would've put up a red flag to me as I have no idea what my playing length is. I told him I specifically said my measurement was grip to tip to match current shaft. Back and forth we went. He said he can lengthen shaft. I'm not versed in club building, is this a viable fix?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He’ll put an extension under the grip, you likely won’t notice it.

I just got off the phone with the fitter and he sorta placed the blame on me. He said he asked me playing length which he never did, that would've put up a red flag to me as I have no idea what my playing length is. I told him I specifically said my measurement was grip to tip to match current shaft. Back and forth we went. He said he can lengthen shaft. I'm not versed in club building, is this a viable fix?

He’ll put an extension under the grip, you likely won’t notice it.

like the cute little booger said, you won't even notice it.

like the cute little booger said, you won't even notice it.

114570bb12dd002d4ad5f22f16b52849.jpg

Not saying it’s fun having to do that, but at least it’s better than him tip trimming it two inches. That, would have been horrible. Or, a great UK links club.

114570bb12dd002d4ad5f22f16b52849.jpg

Not saying it’s fun having to do that, but at least it’s better than him tip trimming it two inches. That, would have been horrible. Or, a great UK links club.

nope it's not fun, but not the end of the word. I did it to some hybrid shafts in the past when I moved them from one brand to another.

Setup with the GBB Epic head. Hope to get out tomorrow to try it.

P1020895_zpsqiv0rtsj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Setup with the GBB Epic head. Hope to get out tomorrow to try it.

You need to invent a way to have a different adapter on each end.

Thank me when you make millions. :alien:

You need to invent a way to have a different adapter on each end.

Thank me when you make millions. :alien:

Haha. That would be sweet!

Hit my G400 and V2 6F5 combo and I’m liking what I’m seeing like @SoxFan has stated nice ball flight higher than I expected from my experience with the previous V2 feels great excited to get it out on the course tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got mine back with the XR head and put a stock Callaway grip just like the Project X it had on it. It's supposed to be reasonably decent tomorrow so I am planning to hit some warm-up shots on the range and then straight to the course tomorrow.

I am super excited to get this and the Cut Greys out for a round tomorrow. I am sure there will be a ton of plugged lies with it being so soggy out still but I should still get a decent feel for both.
5e38e76f2eb3ae64f63f20b810f62e7c.jpg
1c486ed68bcb39fbda80c9d6f4a73112.jpg
2ce2f1256f4e10e42ac25856f4479938.jpg

2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

I took the F7/V2 combo to a different DSG this afternoon, this time along with my Haz Black. The good news is I was able to get spin down to around 2800 with the V2. The bad news is that these were outliers and the trend of high launch and high spin continued, in the 16-17/~3300 range with the V2.

I became so preoccupied with trying to recreate the swing that netted the sub 3000 shots that I almost forgot I had the other shaft on hand. By the time I thought to get it swapped in I started to get some fatigue. Launch was lower but I still couldn’t get spin down.

Now that the sulphur is out I’ll throw in a little molasses. One big thing I did notice with the V2 is that dispersion has been very good for me. With other shafts on a sim I get an occasional snap hook or banana slice way offline but with the V2 I have yet to experience that, with most shots being fairly close to the target line. While F7/V2 isn’t an ideal pairing for me (at least at this point), this shaft is an out of this world value at $60.

You guys are killing me!!! Won't get mine out this weekend, high 17 on Saturday and 22 on Sunday. :banghead:

@JohnSinVA how is the F7 set up (loft & weights)? Just curious because those were my numbers with the stock fuji and weight back, 10.5 deg.

I took the F7/V2 combo to a different DSG this afternoon, this time along with my Haz Black. The good news is I was able to get spin down to around 2800 with the V2. The bad news is that these were outliers and the trend of high launch and high spin continued, in the 16-17/~3300 range with the V2.

I became so preoccupied with trying to recreate the swing that netted the sub 3000 shots that I almost forgot I had the other shaft on hand. By the time I thought to get it swapped in I started to get some fatigue. Launch was lower but I still couldn’t get spin down.

Now that the sulphur is out I’ll throw in a little molasses. One big thing I did notice with the V2 is that dispersion has been very good for me. With other shafts on a sim I get an occasional snap hook or banana slice way offline but with the V2 I have yet to experience that, with most shots being fairly close to the target line. While F7/V2 isn’t an ideal pairing for me (at least at this point), this shaft is an out of this world value at $60.

We are basically seeing identical results. Dispersion was me was great also as I remarked in a couple of posts. I am really thinking that I will see less spin and launch with the Epic based on my experience with both heads.

@JohnSinVA how is the F7 set up (loft & weights)? Just curious because those were my numbers with the stock fuji and weight back, 10.5 deg.

I have it at 9° with the 12g weight forward and the 8g weight in the heel.

Honest question, is 3300 truly high spin to you guys?

For me, that’s about as high as I’d want driver? High launch + into the wind = :(

I don't think I'd classify it as high spin, but with a driver in hand it's not far off.

I don't think I'd classify it as high spin, but with a driver in hand it's not far off.
You think? Why?

Is it because Taylormade started harping 1700 a few years back? Is it because any time one of the YouTube reviewers sees above 2400 its high spin to him?

I'm truly curious, and it's not an attack on the guys seeing it, because it might well be too high for them. But nowadays we so overlook the rest of the picture for focus only on that spin number. It's an interesting conversation.

For me, that’s about as high as I’d want driver? High launch + into the wind = :(
Key phrase there being high launch. Get a guy with a lower launch and 3300 could be a game changer.

Key phrase there being high launch. Get a guy with a lower launch and 3300 could be a game changer.

Get someone who launches low and has a steep angle of attack and that would be pretty near ideal. 2200 RPM is not for everyone.

You think? Why?

Is it because Taylormade started harping 1700 a few years back? Is it because any time one of the YouTube reviewers sees above 2400 its high spin to him?

I'm truly curious, and it's not an attack on the guys seeing it, because it might well be too high for them. But nowadays we so overlook the rest of the picture for focus only on that spin number. It's an interesting conversation.
Well I'd never recommend looking at one number and saying anything is too high or low, but I was trying to answer the question in general terms.
I say it's bordering on high because with 3300+ backspin you are almost into an area where you are likely not optimized for total distance or carry distance regardless of your other numbers.

My last go-round on the launch monitor I averaged 2900 (low of 2500, high of 3300) and I certainly wasn't alarmed by that at all. Its a comfortable spin rate and gives misses of all nature plenty of room.

Very much so, yes. Low launch player needs that spin to keep the ball in the air. The some of us who just hit it straight up, that spin kinda sucks.

It comes down to a lot of where you play too. I go to the midwest, I'm just gonna be so happy to get roll that I'm not gonna know what to do. That being said, I'm not getting the roll the kinda guy who hits it head height is gonna get hehe

Well I'd never recommend looking at one number and saying anything is too high or low, but I was trying to answer the question in general terms.
I say it's bordering on high because with 3300+ backspin you are almost into an area where you are likely not optimized for total distance or carry distance regardless of your other numbers.

My last go-round on the launch monitor I averaged 2900 (low of 2500, high of 3300) and I certainly wasn't alarmed by that at all. Its a comfortable spin rate and gives misses of all nature plenty of room.
I disagree with the regardless of other numbers part a bit to be honest. You give me someone with a low launch angle, and that spin can indeed maximize their distance.

I'm not saying it's low spin, but I definitely don't think it's high either having seen some VERY high #s from people before on LM's

I disagree with the regardless of other numbers part a bit to be honest. You give me someone with a low launch angle, and that spin can indeed maximize their distance.

I'm not saying it's low spin, but I definitely don't think it's high either having seen some VERY high #s from people before on LM's
I'm not disagreeing. I'm not sure where I think spin becomes unquestionably "high", maybe around 3700 is where I'd draw the line.
My interest is piqued so I'll play around on the Flightscope Optimizer tool and see where the point of diminishing returns is with low launch.

I don't think so, at least for me. My unscientific approach is that anything from mid 2k to low 3k is probably in the sweet zone. Low 2K is too little and mid-high 3k is too much.

Back