2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

Interested to see if there has been any updates to these. Read something today where someone reached out to UST who responded that these are the same as the old shaft but with a paint refresh.

I'd be really surprised if this was the case. Having played their last three new shafts.

Interested to see if there has been any updates to these. Read something today where someone reached out to UST who responded that these are the same as the old shaft but with a paint refresh.
When we were at shaftup2, Danny had mentioned that they were going to refresh some lines with what they now know about recoil techology... to me that would mean tweaks resulting more energy transfer and a better feel. I'm sure we will find out more, as THP is really good at getting first hand info from manufacturers

When we were at shaftup2, Danny had mentioned that they were going to refresh some lines with what they now know about recoil techology... to me that would mean tweaks resulting more energy transfer and a better feel. I'm sure we will find out more, as THP is really good at getting first hand info from manufacturers

I'm guessing that's a really good gues rallo. :wink:

Hahah. I swear that people on the internet say the damnedest things
Its not a paint job.

This is correct. The similar part being the same mandrel. The new part, being Recoil tech has changed so much about their shaft lines and what they have learned.

Haha and the best part, THPers can find out for themselves by asking the people behind the company, COMPLETELY FREE, at Shaft Up. Including travel, fitting and new equipment.

2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

Hahah. I swear that people on the internet say the damnedest things
Its not a paint job.

I thought I was crazy. Just found the post again and reread it.

“Curiosity is my worst enemy and since there is not really any info online I figured I'd just call UST and ask them. The woman I spoke to was very nice and told me with no hesitation that it's simply a new look and it's the exact same shaft as the old one.”

Sure whoever posted this could be lying out their wazoo but it could also be a misinformed employee giving out bad info.

Is this thread talking about the new Tour version or the non tour version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first aftermarket shaft and one that has stood the tests of time. Hopefully this new iteration will build off of the value/performance as the previous!

My first aftermarket shaft and one that has stood the tests of time. Hopefully this new iteration will build off of the value/performance as the previous!

I think you'll be pretty happy then. More evolution then revolution. :D

For someone that has played golf for over 30 of my 46 years on the planet, I know nothing about shafts. I need to get educated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and me both my man. I'm thinking it's time to get the two old V2 shafts I have fit with a Callaway adaptor and mess around with them in my GBB.

Okay Albatross Club Members, tune in Wednesday and we are going to do some shoulder tapping with these in some form. Lots of golfers are looking for reviews and we want to give them to them.

Okay Albatross Club Members, tune in Wednesday and we are going to do some shoulder tapping with these in some form. Lots of golfers are looking for reviews and we want to give them to them.

Color me jealous! Shaft reviews are always interesting to follow.

I'll be here all week. :alien:

I'll be following this closely, as the proforce v2 hybrid shaft has piqued my interest. I will be interested to see whether the red or yellow is higher launching, as I think that will be what the doctor ordered for the c300 hybrid.

I'll be following this closely, as the proforce v2 hybrid shaft has piqued my interest. I will be interested to see whether the red or yellow is higher launching, as I think that will be what the doctor ordered for the c300 hybrid.

White/Red = High Launch
White/Yellow = Mid Launch

Danny

Some THPers are going to be very happy! I had these in my MC cobra clubs and loved them, can't wait to hear from some THPers on how the new models are!

White/Red = High Launch
White/Yellow = Mid Launch

Danny
Thanks Danny, what would be the key differences in the proforce red hybrid vs the VTS Red hybrid?

Thanks Danny, what would be the key differences in the proforce red hybrid vs the VTS Red hybrid?

PROFORCE V2 hybrid = mid launch
PROFORCE VTS Red = high launch

VTS should feel smoother.

Danny

Color me jealous! Shaft reviews are always interesting to follow.

You are a V2 guy, so we will make sure you are the staff writer involved in this.

You are a V2 guy, so we will make sure you are the staff writer involved in this.
Boomshakalaka!

This will be fun!

I just love how we get answers on THP so quickly from OEMS,

Danny Le is an amazing dude. Very fortunate to call him a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Defiantly. Would be great to try.

Back