2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

So THP and UST are sending these brand new shafts out to 12 lucky THP'ers to do some testing and provide feedback here for the forum. What heads will everyone be installing them into? Already figured out what length you'll be playing at? Doing the shaft work yourself?

As for me, going into the F8 head and doing the work myself (adapter arrived yesterday). Will be going down a little bit on the length but starting off longer than what I'm playing now as I've always shortened driver for better results but know that I leave a little distance on the table doing that so want to see if I can play more of a standard length with this one.

@Jman (2 different shafts)
@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL

This will be going in the Callaway Epic SZ Head, planning to do the work myself and install at 45.5”, current and stock driver length for this club.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to get an optifit hosel to install on this bad boy!

So THP and UST are sending these brand new shafts out to 12 lucky THP'ers to do some testing and provide feedback here for the forum. What heads will everyone be installing them into? Already figured out what length you'll be playing at? Doing the shaft work yourself?

As for me, going into the F8 head and doing the work myself (adapter arrived yesterday). Will be going down a little bit on the length but starting off longer than what I'm playing now as I've always shortened driver for better results but know that I leave a little distance on the table doing that so want to see if I can play more of a standard length with this one.

@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL

Mine is going into my Callaway XR for now. I know a few folks with some Epics as well so may swap into some of them for some testing as well if I get the opportunity. I might get a Rogue in the next couple months depending on how I like it when I try one and it would go in that too if that happens.

Mine will be going into 2015 Great Big Bertha. I didn't realize shafts are coming raw. I'll have to pick up Callaway adapter and MCC plus grip. I won't be doing shaft work myself. I will try to get to sim and compare numbers vs current Matrix shaft. Most likely will have cut to match length of current shaft whatever it is as I've never measured it.

I'm doing the shaft work myself!

This shaft (Proforce V2 5F3 HL) is going into my Cobra King F7 head (thank you, THP!).
I'll cut it down to 44.5" to match my current shaft and I already ordered my Cobra hosel adapter.
I have a SuperStroke S-Tech grip that I'll also install myself.

Just a question for those that might know before I head to USTs website, does anyone know if these need to be tip cut prior to install?

Just a question for those that might know before I head to USTs website, does anyone know if these need to be tip cut prior to install?

I don't believe so based on what I saw previously on their site.

@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL

Not sure yet. You don’t have an F7+ head sitting around somewhere do you?

Sounds like a great question for Danny!
I wouldn't think you need to cut it but I don't know much about shafts!

It will go in the F7+ for me. I was thinking about going 1/2" short. TBD on that - I might want to keep,it the same length as two others for testing pursposes.

Not sure yet. You don’t have an F7+ head sitting around somewhere do you?

Sorry, I don't - traded it in recently right after I got the F8.

I was really looking to install this in my M2 three wood but if it must be a driver I will make the appropriate arrangements with Danny's input of course.

@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL

Mine will be going into the Epic SZ, it will get cut down to 44 1/2. I will have the work done.

I was really looking to install this in my M2 three wood but if it must be a driver I will make the appropriate arrangements with Danny's input of course.

I'm sure @JB will chime in with clarification if it can be done in your 3w or not.

@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL
Lucky indeed! I'll have mine going into a 2016 M1 head at my normal 43". Definitely won't be doing this myself since I don't want to screw it up. Will probably throw on a tour velvet grip. Can't wait!

3 wood works. Just make sure to tip 1" and cut to playing length.

Danny

I think mine will be here tomorrow so I'm going to install adapter/grip tomorrow and be hopeful that it has enough time to cure before Sunday AM's round of golf.

Looking forward to trying this out and comparing to my Diamana, should be interesting.

@RNG - 5F2 HL
@Sox Fan - 6F4
@#Cookie - 6F4
@Snickerdog - 5F3 HL
@The_Dude - 6F4
@mjkladis - 5F3 HL
@mancest - 6F4
@JohnSinVA - 6F4
@tequila4kapp - 6F4 HL
@ButterPutter - 6F4
@Stryker - 5F3 HL

Will be playing mine in the Epic 10.5* head. Already have the Callaway Dual Cog adapter and will be installing on the shaft myself when the shaft arrives. Will cut it to play at 44.75".

Question: Was putting @ in front of my user name supposed to notify me of the post in some way. It did not. I came into the thread and saw the request.

Will be playing mine in the Epic 10.5* head. Already have the Callaway Dual Cog adapter and will be installing on the shaft myself when the shaft arrives. Will cut it to play at 44.75".

Question: Was putting @ in front of my user name supposed to notify me of the post in some way. It did not. I came into the thread and saw the request.

it lets me know in tapatalk that I have been mentioned in a post. Even when the original post is quoted like you have it is letting me know that you mentioned me.

May not work with you because you have a space in your forum name....just a guess though.

it lets me know in tapatalk that I have been mentioned in a post. Even when the original post is quoted like you have it is letting me know that you mentioned me.

I must have that option turned off somehow. Will have to check into it.

In hand pics of v2. Callaway adapter on order and will be adding golf pride mcc plus grip. Shaft is absolutely gorgeous!!
d6892b86881a9fe64a0ef59ca1afc680.jpg
7e3793bc5483403577d88d7fa1ddc289.jpg
493c7ad43ddb092644509c1e22eb49dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back