2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

I am still playing this shaft in my 3W and it is perfect setup in the Srixon head.

I play this shaft in my EF Driver - I change shafts several times and always come back to this one.
So Stable.....

a331ba70f3dbbbe18d2c0674c86f81b7.jpg
1ee0fcd43a63c05d688bfd7f3280b8e7.jpg

I am loving this combo got fit for the V2 Black 7F5 paired with the GS53 head at ShaftUp 3 at Olympia Fields and what a combo!

The feel of this shaft is bleeds stable and swing me hard! Loving the stability and weight throughout the swing. I’ve always liked a heavier feeling shaft at 76g it’s the heaviest driver shaft I’ve ever played. Played today with this combo and hit 8 of 14 fairways and hit some of the straightest drives I’ve ever hit! I feel like I can go at it as hard as I want and this shaft can handle all of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference for you was staggering. Between the low spin head and the stable through the hands shaft, it seems like the perfect combo.

that setup looks mean dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm jealous of that setup. Can't tell you how many times I've almost pulled the trigger on that shaft.

formula8;n8882484 said:
I'm jealous of that setup. Can't tell you how many times I've almost pulled the trigger on that shaft.

Yeah it’s what I needed the stability is there and I can get loose with a swing from time to time. I don’t know if it’s the low torque at 2.2 but it is liking going straight. Once I got my swing right it’s a fairway finder and the length is there also.

JB;n8882357 said:
The difference for you was staggering. Between the low spin head and the stable through the hands shaft, it seems like the perfect combo.

Yep from the first swings with this setup it started straightening things out for me. I’m committing to it for the long haul and it’s nice to know it’s fit to me funky swing.

McLovin;n8882385 said:
that setup looks mean dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks loving the Hogan head and the V2 Black is great. I tried the original V2
D and I guess I was completely at the wrong weight and flex 6F4. But there feels to be a big difference in swinging them. Maybe it was the head combo with that shaft. Don’t know.

Really enjoying the V2 black/Hogan combo played Friday and I feel like I can go after it with this shaft/head combo. The course we were playing at was very demanding off the tee and was my first time playing so there was a lot of mistakes of the wrong clubs taken off the tee and confidence to pull driver on OB both sides narrow fairways. Things would change after seeing the full course, driver would have been pulled a couple of times that it stayed in the bag. I hit a couple of gems for me that made my day.

On #12 412yd severe downhill dogleg right tight fairway I hit a nice high fade that left leaving me 108yd in for an easy two putt par. #17 443 yds, I shaped a ball right to left leaving myself 164yds into the pin for a two putt par. I lost only two right and know I'm working that miss out of my game. Just loving this shaft feels like it was made for me! Can't wait until my next round with it in the bag! Finally enjoying hitting driver and gaining confidence with it in my hands.

Continue to enjoy the GS53/V2 Black feel like I can really go after it with this shaft. Fun combo and produces little misses left and right depending on my impact. The swing is coming around and I’m hitting the ball confidently with the driver! With the adjustments Danny made I putting a pretty good move on the ball and hitting it high and straight.

Love the launch with this shaft/head just piercing flight with low spin. Will have to get on a launch monitor to see some numbers with my coach.

Going to pick up a V2 Black for my fairway wood also just think it would improve it just like my driver!

I didn’t play the original proforce v2, I’ve only been playing golf a little over 10 years. After reading about it I see why it had a cult following. The V2 Black is lower torque but still has plenty of feel to me. I’ve never played a shaft with this low of torque but the feel solid and not boardy. I’ve had shafts that just felt like rebar in my hands. I can tell wear the shaft is in my swing and the feel at impact lets me know how I’ve struck it.
I’m going to throw this shaft in my fairway also just love the flight and feel!

Combed through and read a bunch of positive reviews and thoughts on this shaft, I'm excited to get mine cut, gripped, and tipped to my fitting specs (totally different shaft but will compare head to head.. kuro kage silver xstiff) for my g400 max.. won the RWB 'Merica version from an IG contest, with the black head it may or may not look great, but if it's a bombing fairway finder I don't care how it looks

Excited to have shaft battles for the fall.. actually will be 3 way battle as I actually have a LINQ coming as well.

Combed through and read a bunch of positive reviews and thoughts on this shaft, I'm excited to get mine cut, gripped, and tipped to my fitting specs (totally different shaft but will compare head to head.. kuro kage silver xstiff) for my g400 max.. won the RWB 'Merica version from an IG contest, with the black head it may or may not look great, but if it's a bombing fairway finder I don't care how it looks

Excited to have shaft battles for the fall.. actually will be 3 way battle as I actually have a LINQ coming as well.
It'll look badass in the Max.

So, I jumped on one of these today... anyone else? Limited edition proceeds to benefit breast cancer, I was already hard pondering the shaft and a cause my family already supports sealed the deal.

So, I jumped on one of these today... anyone else? Limited edition proceeds to benefit breast cancer, I was already hard pondering the shaft and a cause my family already supports sealed the deal.

How does one get access to the purchase of the shafts without an Instagram account? Thinking of picking up two of the shafts to chip in for the cause, so if you could provide any contact info, that would be great. Considered going through the website listed on the IG account, but not sure where that e-mail would end up.

Arrived in time for the weekend! Beautiful shaft, and classy support and note from @UST Mamiya ! Excited to get this built and on course :p

F8A59F18-A8D4-4A6F-AA2F-9A664AF0E0F2.jpeg388397C2-A5BD-4A2C-B0FB-19BAEBB04BB2.jpeg6208DCAF-026D-4B78-8C6A-D2F4C932F8B4.jpeg

Got a couple of rounds in with this wonderful shaft at Kinderlou Forest at The Gethering with a bunch of THPers! Sometimes I feel like another head might be better for me with this shaft but going to keep pluggin away with the GS53. Shaft is just so stable and lets me swing aggressively don't have to hold back. When next years offerings come out I will be throwing this shaft into one them to do a comparsion.

Hi all,
Well long time looker, never made a post on this forum before, I recently got fit for the new taylormade Sim Max driver, on the shaft wall I see this white and neon yellow shaft just hanging there looking at me. I tried a few different shafts (ventus blue & black, a few of Accras range and VA) but new I would be trying that in the head as I loved the original in my 905R.

A little bit about myself , I am a player who ranges between a 3-4 handicap at the moment , been as low as scratch but always hanging around there. High ball hitter from Scotland which is not great on a links course.
My gamer was a Cobra F8, elements chrome 6F5, swing speed is usually around the 105 mark, with a deliberate back swing and quick weight shift from the top. Numbers with my f8 at 8.5* were
Launch : 15*
Spin : 2800
Ballspeed: 139
Carry: 235
Outdoor on trackman , I new I was leaving quite about there , but after a hip injury that resulted in me not being able to fully clear my left hip now I've always been tentative to really go after it.

I plugged the UST proforce V2 6F5 into the head of the Max and ... Boom , this thing was quite frankly crazy , I have always hit the ball so high even when I had alot more speed it was always moon balls. This shaft and head combo really gave me the mid launch I was looking for , can usually hit a big draw with my gamer but I never saw that shot once which I really liked , the fact I could loose it left. I started with the head @ 8.5* but then ended up all the way at 10.5* I was hitting knuckleballs to start with.
Numbers.
Launch: 13*
Ballspeed:151
Spin: 2400
Carry: 252

This is the best numbers I have had in years since before my Hip injury. (Sound old but only 28). I wouldn't want my spin much lower than this because I hate that shot that just drops out the air, I cant wait to get some proper course time with this Setup , but I came out the fitting feeling great.

Hope this isn't jumping in on a dying thread , but just wanted to share my experience.

I’m pondering this shaft, and just wanted to comment how it’s awesome this whole thread is still here to read and review, even being a few years old.

I’m pondering this shaft, and just wanted to comment how it’s awesome this whole thread is still here to read and review, even being a few years old.

You are not the only one! I still have that limited black with pink breast cancer ribbons 4 posts up^^^ un-built. I think its needs some course time this year 🔥

You are not the only one! I still have that limited black with pink breast cancer ribbons 4 posts up^^^ un-built. I think its needs some course time this year 🔥
I saw that! It looks really sharp. That thing needs to see a fairway or two!

I've had a 5F4 in my G400 Max head for the past 3 rounds and so far so good! Hitting way more fairways with good distance. Hopefully this is the shaft that keeps me from constantly tinkering!

Old thread, but I just bought this off eBay. Long story short: I was fitted for this in a cobra head back in 2019 at truespec and never bought one. So when I was looking for a regular flex shaft at a good price, this one came up. After the first range session with this shaft, I was very happy. I have had the Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f4 and a Helium 5f4 but this one in 6f3 felt good. I play on Sunday and look forward to seeing how it does on the course without range balls. I have the Srixon ZX5 MKII LS head with it.IMG_5308.jpeg

Old thread, but I just bought this off eBay. Long story short: I was fitted for this in a cobra head back in 2019 at truespec and never bought one. So when I was looking for a regular flex shaft at a good price, this one came up. After the first range session with this shaft, I was very happy. I have had the Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f4 and a Helium 5f4 but this one in 6f3 felt good. I play on Sunday and look forward to seeing how it does on the course without range balls. I have the Srixon ZX5 MKII LS head with it.View attachment 9190964
I’m a fan of this one. Enjoy it!

Back