2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Been waiting to hear/see more on this one. The return of a LEGENDARY shaft name/line.

From UST Mamiya:

PROFORCE V2 - FOR THE PLAYER SEEKING A MEDIUM BALL FLIGHT, INCREASED BALL SPEED AND SUPERIOR CONTROL.

LONG PARALLEL BUTT DESIGN - Provides greater control in the hands of the golfer for both aggressive and smooth tempo golfers.

STIFF TIP TECHNOLOGY - Stiffer tip provides golfers more spin control at impact.

RECOIL TECHNOLOGY - Provides optimal spring effect in the walls of the shaft and more efficient energy transfer to the ball for increased velocity and greater distance.

Specifications:

DescriptionFlexWeightTorqueLaunchButt ODTip ODTip ParallelLength
PROFORCE V2 5F2A56g3.7°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 5F3R57g3.7°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 5F4S57g3.7°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 6F3R65g3.0°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 6F4S66g3.0°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 6F5X66g2.9°Medium0.600"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 7F4S76g2.2°Medium0.605"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 7F5X76g2.2°Medium0.605"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 8F4S86g1.8°Low-Mid0.605"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 8F5X86g1.8°Low-Mid0.605"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 9F4S96g1.7°Low-Mid0.610"0.335"4.0"46"
PROFORCE V2 9F5X96g1.6°Low-Mid0.610"0.335"4.0"46"

• Staff
JUST saw that. Excited THP has them in hand.

As I mentioned on twitter, its been a while since a golf shaft release has had me this curious/wanting.

Solid shaft , had it in an old favorite. With good results. Cannot wait to read more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colors remind me of a little Hulkamania action. Oh yeah brother....

Hard ponder for sure, as I kept getting the older version on the online fitting tool prior to shaftup2

This one has my attention, really pondering it.

Love it. This is one of the first shafts I remember checking out. My that was a long time ago and I was even more naive than I am now. Glad they are bringing it back!

Such a great Shaft, gamed them for a couple of years.

That looks really really good! Good grief those are some low torque numbers in the stouter shafts too. I may have to get one of these...

That yellow on a 3w should be a great combo.

Was such a solid (straight) shaft in the original, can't imagine with changes in technology from UST and how this new shaft will perform. Will be fun to watch and follow reviews. PS...I am available :act-up:

Was such a solid (straight) shaft in the original, can't imagine with changes in technology from UST and how this new shaft will perform. Will be fun to watch and follow reviews. PS...I am available :act-up:
Based on the teaser about recoil I would think that they tweaked the hoop strength allowing for better feel and energy transfer.... just a guess though. I'm pumped to hit these.

Never tried a PROFORCE but am super intrigued by these...such a wide range of options too!

Like I said on twitter, I played one of these way back and I'm looking forward to hearing more about them and possibly trying them out.

Glad to see the 6x torque below 3.0...Its been a dispersion problem with 3.4-3.6 if I load too much, hence the 7x has been my choice. Very keen to try the 6x :bashful:

Really really really really really thinking about these eventually for my 3w/5w...or whatever the hell it ends up being lol, setup this coming season. I have a lot of mental comfort with the V2 name for some reason...and I think they look pretty badass too.

I played a V2 in my 905 series drivers for years with fantastic results! May have to check these out this year!

I’m currently using an Aldila NV 65 stiff shaft with a R11S 10.5* head. Website shows the torque on the NV is 3.5. Wondering if switching to either the new or previous version of the V2 with a 3.0 torque would help tighten up my dispersion and/or reduce my snap hook misses. Any thoughts?

I think we should give some of these away to Albatross Club Members for Reviewing.
Stay tuned to more details.

I think we should give some of these away to Albatross Club Members for Reviewing.
Stay tuned to more details.
Just amazing what you do, making golfers dreams come true nearly every day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used to have one of these in a Nike Sumo Sq. I’ll be interested to read thoughts of the THPers that are lucky enough to give these some swings.

For someone that has played golf for over 30 of my 46 years on the planet, I know nothing about shafts. I need to get educated.

Is the proforce V2 white and yellow and Proforce V2 HL white and red ?

Interested to see if there has been any updates to these. Read something today where someone reached out to UST who responded that these are the same as the old shaft but with a paint refresh.

Back