Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

A more stout driver shaft and possibly a fairway shaft. The Evenflow blue feels good but everything is going left with these 2 clubs.

Have been pondering the Ventus or possibly a tz5, pulled the trigger on the Ventus so hopefully it works out. Will put it up against my tz6 in the m5 tour head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In between Modus 120x and KBS Tour 130x

What'd you end up going with? Messing with Tour 130 in my irons right now.

I had the best driving round of my life yesterday but still feel I can improve distance and dispersion even more. I also need a back up tee club since I'm struggling badly with my hybrid and 4 wood.

Pondering how to steal another LINQ for my fairway.

Pondering how to steal another LINQ for my fairway.

How is that Ventus working for you?

This is a great thread... As seen in the screen printed image (and imbedded text from Photoshop), I learned *the hard way* about drivers and shaft flex over the years - believe me!

Confession: I used to own an older Ping G10 driver with a 9° face and a stock Ping TFC129 (Stiff) shaft! 10 years ago - okay, fine - I could blast the ball off the tee, like we all could back in the day. But then something happened, where it was like I woke up one day, and couldn't hit the darn thing at all! Something seriously changed in me, where I'm getting older, and not as flexible anymore. Oh well... What I finally learned: Too stiff of a shaft, and you'll only drive the ball about max 190-200 yards with a real low, 15' 20' high stinger, fading to the right. Everyone, repeat after me: DUH!! :rolleyes:

Shaft.Flex.jpg

Some kind of graphite for my irons. My elbow and forearm are less than 100%, at times. Trading out my steel-shafted 4-iron for a graphite-shafted hybrid may not be a totally fair comparison, but seeing the ball flight and how it explodes of the face of these hybrids compared to what they replaced has my brain churning now.

It sounds like there are some shafts put aside for me to hit and create content with tomorrow at Aldila.

A little bit of 130 Black action?
Some potentially ***** stuff?

We'll be taking you along via video with a later release, but expect to see some content as we go through the process, especially on that which is already available for golfers.

It sounds like there are some shafts put aside for me to hit and create content with tomorrow at Aldila.

We'll be taking you along via video with a later release, but expect to see some content as we go through the process, especially on that which is already available for golfers.

What’s the Aldila reasoning for classifying by color ie green and blue?

What’s the Aldila reasoning for classifying by color ie green and blue?

i’ve always assumed it was similar to another short-lived company who made high quality shafts classified by red, green and blue. green for grass, meaning closer to the ground and lower trajectory. blue for sky, meaning higher trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i’ve always assumed it was similar to another short-lived company who made high quality shafts classified by red, green and blue. green for grass, meaning closer to the ground and lower trajectory. blue for sky, meaning higher trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Makes sense, just trying to get a question out there for them when they head there tomorrow.

Wonder if they'll mention the Rogue White? Now that the black is out, I wonder if the white will make its way to retail as well. Just sayin' if you want to help a brother out and happen to ask... That would be alright :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wonder if they'll mention the Rogue White? Now that the black is out, I wonder if the white will make its way to retail as well. Just sayin' if you want to help a brother out and happen to ask... That would be alright :)

I can certainly ask!

Here is what I can say. If there is a pre-release shaft, we will be testing it tomorrow. While we cannot comment on that stuff, it will be good to have stuff in the can ready for THPers for when dates are met.

Here is what I can say. If there is a pre-release shaft, we will be testing it tomorrow. While we cannot comment on that stuff, it will be good to have stuff in the can ready for THPers for when dates are met.
Perfect. Aldila had been really coming out with some interesting stuff. Appreciate you guys sharing what you can and no doubt will have good info ready to roll when some of this stuff is ready for retail.

It seems like Aldila isn't afraid to push the envelope and utilize some interesting materials.

I caught a glimpse of the White in the THP Insta story! Pumped to get some details on it. Even though I had a brief stint with it previously, I made a poor choice and followed the sellers recommendation of tipping it an inch. Took so much feel out of it. Couldn't really give it a fair shake and hoping it hits retail so I can give it a fare shake installed straight in.

I'm really debating on ordering a PX Even Flow black. There's not a real good fitter reasonably close to try any shafts that aren't stock options. So this would be a complete shot in the dark.

I caught a glimpse of the White in the THP Insta story! Pumped to get some details on it. Even though I had a brief stint with it previously, I made a poor choice and followed the sellers recommendation of tipping it an inch. Took so much feel out of it. Couldn't really give it a fair shake and hoping it hits retail so I can give it a fare shake installed straight in.

I did that one for you : )

Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

there's no way pre-release anything was captured..

I was very careful... ish

I did that one for you : )
Lol, I'm honored :)

You guys are covering some ground this week.

Back