Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

This thread is a good reminder that I need to list two sets of catalyst 100cw 6.0 shafts in b/s/t. Maybe I should hold on to one of them for a future build though.. Hmm
I took mine out too. Now I know why I didn't hit them that well.
Anyone want to trade 100cw for 90cw?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reviving this thread for the sake of discussion. Has anyone played these as well as Recoils, 95 or 110? What are your thoughts on feel comparison? Profile? Flight?

Just wondering (and maybe power skimming...) Thanks!

Would you like to hit some Cobra goodness that has the 85s in them?

Would you like to hit some Cobra goodness that has the 85s in them?

Absolutely, that would be sweet 👊 Thanks!

85080867.jpg

I saw where Wilson is offering the Catalyst 80 in 5.5 and 6.0 in their new CB forged irons. I’m currently playing a recoil ES 780 F4. Any thoughts on which would match up better? I’m thinking the 5.5. Thanks.

I saw where Wilson is offering the Catalyst 80 in 5.5 and 6.0 in their new CB forged irons. I’m currently playing a recoil ES 780 F4. Any thoughts on which would match up better? I’m thinking the 5.5. Thanks.
I believe that the Catalyst will be lower launch and spin.

So they will play stiffer than the recoils?

The 5.5 are going to fee softer to flex than the F4. If you want to change, then I would say Catalyst 6.0 would be closest.

The 5.5 are going to fee softer to flex than the F4. If you want to change, then I would say Catalyst 6.0 would be closest.
I have hit and owned both and I totally agree. The 6.0 would be most similar.

Anyone know how these compare to the RecoilES460?

For those that have used catalyst iron shafts, did you contemplate going overlength? I normally play steel 1/2" over should I go 3/4" or more with these?

Read whole thread and I did a thing .......bought 80s 5.5 to go into T100 irons......stay tuned

Shafts FINALLY arrived!!! 80cw 5.5 is 85g that plays and feels exactly like std 5.5 115g PX ....except 30g lighter which is great for this old guy. ......same high , flat penetrating flight .....haven't got on course but hit 15 balls with my problem child , the 5i ......and saw tremendous consistency! Dying to get on course but these will be my new iron shaft. Unfortunate these don't get the same pub as steelfiber or MMT .
Handful of pics:

20221027_144836.jpg20221030_192355.jpg20221030_192519.jpg20221030_205542.jpg

Jury still out on these for my swing.....

When hit and swung well they're gems .....couldn't seem to hit part shots and also ballooned a smidge into the fan..... I only have 5 iron and 8 iron shafted up but feel is amazing and stability is very nice especially when struck properly.....

Part of my issues are that they're 20g lighter than current shaft wgt and I believe tempo has to be better.

I'm sure these fit me and will get them done asap

The Catalyst 60 come as an option in the Cobra T-Rails. How would these compare to Recoil DART 65's? Has anyone hit both??

Back