Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

@BigDill

Need to Butt trim this but it was in the F9 4i yesterday

Glad to hear it! You getting better distance from the 4i now?

Went to the range this morning and probably should have gone with 1” prep instead of 1.5” but I’ll make it work. Hitting bullets off the deck and tee.

3e98d9e6db61e805abf2ca03bb0f6243.jpg

df22d13cd7e770b02edcd590bd3a9c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So round one with 80g 6.0 in 24* driving iron is done and it was great. 1/2 shot wise but off dropping a ball in different lies while waiting for playing partners to swing I was able to get a firm feel for the shaft and set up and it’s exactly what I wanted. Workable but lighter than steel to flight it when I need to.

Yo @BigDill you are a glorious glorious human

I adore this setup - some tweaks need to be made, but

80 Catalyst 4i bent 18.5* 41”
Is an absolute bumber off the tee

Great to hear you love it. I have been loving mine, it’s just so easy to launch off the tee. I can’t wait to show it off in Orlando next weekend with a few THPers.

Part of me wants to reshaft my entire F9 set with these....

Part of me wants to reshaft my entire F9 set with these....

Can’t say it would be a bad thing

Amart hit the 4i a couple of times as well hit two
Strong
Fades with it

You mean you got rid of that dill? Dang.... I loved hitting it a few times when you brought it here.

You mean you got rid of that dill? Dang.... I loved hitting it a few times when you brought it here.

Don’t worry, I still have it, kinda. The one you hit broke the tip a few months ago, so I got it reshaped worth the same shaft but in “chrome” and tipped about 3/4” instead of 1” and built to 39” in length as opposed to 38.25” as it was before. Through a series of odd events, I order another shaft to reshaft it a third time, it turned out it had a weight inserted that I didn’t agree with so that second shaft stayed in the club. It’s been great.

OITW got the extra shaft I had (and I ended up with a second, another long story which went to Alez367) and the rest is history. Now OITW loves golf again, and it’s all because of me.

If you liked the last one, wait until you see the “new” version. Rocket. Launcher.

Going to be talking with DB and Scott Felix about these on Wednesday. Definitely going to be getting numbers during my fitting with these.

Going to be talking with DB and Scott Felix about these on Wednesday. Definitely going to be getting numbers during my fitting with these.

I can’t wait to hear about your experience. I really like these shafts a lot. I’m the right combos, they really perform.

I can’t wait to hear about your experience. I really like these shafts a lot. I’m the right combos, they really perform.

I’ll be switching my current iron shaft out when I get back for my set of catalyst 100 6.0

Don’t worry, I still have it, kinda. The one you hit broke the tip a few months ago, so I got it reshaped worth the same shaft but in “chrome” and tipped about 3/4” instead of 1” and built to 39” in length as opposed to 38.25” as it was before. Through a series of odd events, I order another shaft to reshaft it a third time, it turned out it had a weight inserted that I didn’t agree with so that second shaft stayed in the club. It’s been great.

OITW got the extra shaft I had (and I ended up with a second, another long story which went to Alez367) and the rest is history. Now OITW loves golf again, and it’s all because of me.

If you liked the last one, wait until you see the “new” version. Rocket. Launcher.

Haha the only thing it needed was more launch for me so if it goes higher then

In still really interested in these. Especially possibly putting it into the 4 iron apex I have. Then putting them into the rest of the set at some point.

Finally put the catalyst 50 5.0 on my exs irons. Boy did they smoke my previous set shafts and irons. I gained 20m or 22 yards at the range and the dispersion was much tighter. Will share photos soon.

Is there a new version of these coming out?

Before I invest ....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is there a new version of these coming out?

Before I invest ....

Straight from PX - No.

Straight from PX - No.

Might be my favorite club I've ever hit when Keenan brought out that 6i last year.

In still really interested in these. Especially possibly putting it into the 4 iron apex I have. Then putting them into the rest of the set at some point.

Do it vs your regular hybrid. Would suggest it on the 7i.

Had a good day with this shaft in the Cobra F9 4i yesterday 4 times off the tee all 4 times was a FIR

Averaged 215 yards with the best being 231 and shortest 190

Great move so far

Had a good day with this shaft in the Cobra F9 4i yesterday 4 times off the tee all 4 times was a FIR

Great move so far

I’m loving the 80g in my XF Ut 24*.

Great move so far
Beast Mode!

Back