Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THPers were some of the first to try this shaft at the THP Event a few months ago. Here is the press release.

From PX:
Project X Catalyst iron shafts will become available to the public through True Temper Performance Fitting Centers on Monday, August 6th.

Catalyst is a graphite iron shaft constructed with Iso-6, Project X’s new material technology engineered to replicate steel alloy properties over 100% better than traditional graphite laminates.

“In an iron shaft, the key to consistency is material symmetry,” explained Don Brown, senior director of golf innovation and product strategy at True Temper Sports. “Typical graphite iron shafts have only 35% of the material symmetry of steel. With Iso-6, we’ve been able to achieve a graphite material with 75% of the symmetry of steel.”

The tip-section of Catalyst delivers torsional resistance comparable to that of steel—improving stability during turf interaction for better impact on less than perfect shots.

“As the undisputed leaders in iron shaft design, we know better than anyone what it takes to design an iron shaft that performs for everyone—from Tour players to amateurs. With Catalyst, we have finally been able to bring our world-renowned steel shaft performance to a graphite iron shaft,” said Don Brown.

Project X Catalyst is offered in weights ranging from 40 to 80 grams and in flexes ranging from L through X. Catalyst is first releasing as a parallel tip shaft with taper tip models coming later in the year. MSRP is set at $75.

fb8fa860fb46c86010276040b1920d8a.jpg

1f8b9e4ce851bafd940c703b24accc62.jpg

There's a few of us who have been waiting for this one to pop up for a while now.

We didn't get too much time with this shaft, but the overall feedback between the THP'ers who swung it was very similar: "Wow. That felt really, REALLY good."
" Hey can I swing ano...what do you mean no?"
"When do these come out?"

This shaft seemed to work really well taking some off of it, and stepping on it. It was and still is a definite high ponder.

Iso-6 you say? This sounds incredibly promising and I'm excited to learn a lot more!

Are there any plans for heavier weight versions? I love composite shafts but I just seem to do better with a little more mass in the equation.

Finally!!!! Can't wait to put a set of these in some rogue pros and spend more time with them. Feel was amazing for just one shot + practice swings.

Are there any plans for heavier weight versions? I love composite shafts but I just seem to do better with a little more mass in the equation.

100gr taper tip shafts in the near future.

I have a feeling these are going to be popular

Well, I am certainly a fan of the finishes here. I know many THPers are going to want to be testing these ASAP!

Now this is what I like to hear! Been wanting graphite iron shafts for a while after the Recoils didn't work out. I've played PX for years & have been waiting for them to release something like this. Very intrigued for sure! Count me in when the Taper's come out ... especially at $75 for a set? If that's correct, then that's nuts I say ... NUTS!

Now this is what I like to hear! Been wanting graphite iron shafts for a while after the Recoils didn't work out. I've played PX for years & have been waiting for them to release something like this. Very intrigued for sure! Count me in when the Taper's come out ... especially at $75 for a set? If that's correct, then that's nuts I say ... NUTS!

Strong chance that's 75 per shaft mate.

Strong chance that's 75 per shaft mate.

Yeah I figured as much. Tell @JB to fix his typo! HA! "$75 per shaft"

These are definitely going to be high on the ponder list! Love everything about Project X and have been waiting to see them do something like this in their iron lineup.

oh really!? Guess i might be holding off on specs request until taper tip come out.

Yeah I figured as much. Tell @JB to fix his typo! HA! "$75 per shaft"

Or...Tell Nut to get better at comprehension. :D

It says MSRP is set at $75

Digging the graphics and tech behind these. Doubt they'd knock out the LZ 120's out of my bag tho.

I hit one shot with these with the Rogue Pro. Ball went really far.

I hit one shot with these with the Rogue Pro. Ball went really far.

Never thought 7i from 170 was too much club for club+shaft combo. Glad these proved that wrong

Digging the graphics and tech behind these. Doubt they'd knock out the LZ 120's out of my bag tho.

i dunno man. These feel really well and alot of guys that tried it stated these or LZ would be perfect in any set of irons.

i dunno man. These feel really well and alot of guys that tried it stated these or LZ would be perfect in any set of irons.

I would wave to the LZ's as these were being reshafted into my Apex's.

I would wave to the LZ's as these were being reshafted into my Apex's.

imagine 6.5 100g taper tip with some fresh grips in a set of rogue pro blacks! Or maybe even a murdered out md4 46*????

imagine 6.5 100g taper tip with some fresh grips in a set of rogue pro blacks! Or maybe even a murdered out md4 46*????

Why do you do this to me, cut that out

I predict the forum going into meltdown when these become available LOL.

#FiberLaunch

OMG! I need to try these out. I love PX shafts , but as I age the elbow can’t handle them anymore. The Recoils are awesome, but I’m a ho. I can’t wait to hear more on these especially vs the Recoils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoked to see these released. I had the opportunity try this shaft for one hit and it was smoooooth...

The more I think about it I love the idea of graphite that performs like steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back