Free Equipment, Fitting & Trip to Vegas: 2019 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

Participants, despite being quiet now, will be getting louder as they are going to be hearing from UST Mamiya for travel, this week.

Awesome! Much like @hambone1023, I've been patiently waiting for more details. This just made my week a whole lot better.

We've officially been in contact with Danny. This trip is starting to feel real, these next 2 months are going to fly by.

We've officially been in contact with Danny. This trip is starting to feel real, these next 2 months are going to fly by.

....your gonna have a time. Ask me how I know.....

Never expected a private jet. This is going to be a great time. I am in full prep mode. I need a road dog to join me.....

Thread is kinda quiet........@hambone1023 @justincredible have you guys done any research on the shafts or tested the equipment yet?

Lets get excited!

I’m pretty excited myself to see what kind of gear the guys end up getting fit into! I still remember my ShaftUp experience like it was yesterday, it was such an amazing learning experience and I truly believe it change my golf game for the better!

I have tested the PTX irons through Ben Hogan's demo program recently. Liked them a lot. Wanted to try the Ft. Worth's but they are out of stock in the recoils for now. I have been doing my homework as we discussed. Myself and @justincredible are awaiting more details on the event. Flight arrangements are in process as we speak as we both heard from Danny. Shaft wise, I am really digging the gunmetal Lin-Q. Great tech in that shaft. Top 6 finish at WGC this past weekend as well so it's gaining traction on tour.

Thread is kinda quiet........@hambone1023 @justincredible have you guys done any research on the shafts or tested the equipment yet?

Lets get excited!

Shaft wise, I am really digging the gunmetal Lin-Q. Great tech in that shaft. Top 6 finish at WGC this past weekend as well so it's gaining traction on tour.

Even though that's a woods shaft, yes its popular already

Yep, I am aware it's a woods shaft. UST has a lot of great products out right now. We are not sure what we are going to be blessed with when we get out there so checking them all out. Danny asking for everything in our bag has me intrigued on what he has in store for us. Irons wise, the recoil 780's SW are on my list. I think they would be a good fit for me but we will see what Danny has to say about that. Also, when we get the email with all the details, we can really focus on the options that we are going to have.

Even though that's a woods shaft, yes its popular already

Yep, I am aware it's a woods shaft. UST has a lot of great products out right now. We are not sure what we are going to be blessed with when we get out there so checking them all out. Danny asking for everything in our bag has me intrigued on what he has in store for us. Irons wise, the recoil 780's SW are on my list. I think they would be a good fit for me but we will see what Danny has to say about that. Also, when we get the email with all the details, we can really focus on the options that we are going to have.

How did the PTx compare with the Mizunos, particularly in terms of size?

hey buddy..Size wise, PTX may have been a touch smaller but nothing crazy or off-putting. Feel wise, the Mizuno's felt a bit more forgiving although when you hit a good one with the PTX they were butter. I liked the recoils in them as well compared to my TT XP 115's. The two week demo program BH has is great. Wish I had some more time with them(and better weather).

How did the PTx compare with the Mizunos, particularly in terms of size?

Like @hambone1023 I have been reading up on the different shafts UST offers. I've got a few shafts in mind that intrigue me, but like hambone mentioned we really aren't sure what clubs we're actually going to be fit for. Given the Ben Hogan connection I think we're both assuming new irons, so I'm also considering putting in an order for demo clubs as soon as the weather breaks for the better. I don't think the Ft Worth's would fit my game, so I'd likely pass on a demo even they they are absolutely gorgeous clubs. I'm hopeful I can hit the PTx's (another beautiful set), and sure I can hit the Edge's, so they would be my choices to demo.

All that said, I'm counting down the days.

Hmmm...this is interesting.
f00ce4bd25bdf34b687153bf7d902166.jpg

Saw that. Thinking a new ball??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was told be a pretty reliable source that Ben Hogan Golf will have a Driver, fairway woods, and a putter soon!

I was told be a pretty reliable source that Ben Hogan Golf will have a Driver, fairway woods, and a putter soon!

So that Lin-Q might be in play for you guys. Need to keep all options open as you just don’t know what’s to unfold. Nice!

So that Lin-Q might be in play for you guys. Need to keep all options open as you just don’t know what’s to unfold. Nice!

Lin-Q will be tour only for this year. Possibly see it available next year

It would be cool if the boys had some exclusive access at this event.

Personally, I recommend they don’t overlook The ATTAS if woods end up in the fold. So many great options.

I recommend they don’t overlook The ATTAS if woods end up in the fold.

Its pretty damn good I must say so myself!

I do remember a time when a Helium Proto Proto got put in play tho...;-)

I do remember a time when a Helium Proto Proto got put in play tho...;-)

Yeah I have got to hit his driver with this shaft....that is a pretty wild setup. At first your like...ummm because its so light then after you hit it your like oh wow wasn't expecting that

Its pretty legit

Yeah I have got to hit his driver with this shaft....that is a pretty wild setup. At first your like...ummm because its so light then after you hit it your like oh wow wasn't expecting that

Its pretty legit

Yeah, and you thought you were going to twist it in half with your swing speed because it was so light. Not so fast!

Back