Lamkin Sonar Tour?

We got a little info on Monday and may have saw samples yesterday. The tech on these is really cool and on first grab it’s very evident. If you wanted a rough example of it, grab a kickball. Very similar texture and tackiness.

Yep, that texture that appears to be on these was my favorite part of the Sonar when I reviewed them. Excited to see what you guys end up with.

From Lamkin's Insta, and it looks like JRose has already switched to them.

These look good. Really good.

Screenshot%20%2816%29-L.png
I just saw roseys witb and he doesn't have these gripd on his new sticks it's the regular lamkins gen in black

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man, that might look really good on the new Helium.

Now if only they made these is an Oversize.....which they won't. I'm getting tired of having to put so many wraps of tape under a midsize in order to use the grips I like.

Now if only they made these is an Oversize.....which they won't. I'm getting tired of having to put so many wraps of tape under a midsize in order to use the grips I like.
Lamkin, in particular, has 4 or 5 grip models in oversize (maybe even more). Percentage wise it's not a huge market and from a practical standpoint you can always make grips larger, but not smaller. I'd wait to judge until they get officially announced and released.

Lamkin, in particular, has 4 or 5 grip models in oversize (maybe even more). Percentage wise it's not a huge market and from a practical standpoint you can always make grips larger, but not smaller. I'd wait to judge until they get officially announced and released.
Yeah it just takes forever to add 7 wraps of tape under my grips for each club. Would normally use a jumbo with 3 or 4 wraps but I've been using the Z5's in midsize built up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah it just takes forever to add 7 wraps of tape under my grips for each club. Would normally use a jumbo with 3 or 4 wraps but I've been using the Z5's in midsize built up.

Z5 is a fantastic grip, so I get why you're using that one! Hope this one works out for you.

Yeah, I'm gonna have these on my clubs when they become available.

Just put a Z5 on one of my wedges to test. Comparing to the Sonar, I like Sonar better in every way except for looks. But this new grey version takes care of that.

These were some of my favorite grips from the PGA show. I will have them on some clubs at some point.

Anyone know when these bad boys will be available ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wish Lamkin would go away from the rounded butt cap. Awful for game tracking tags.

These were some of my favorite grips from the PGA show. I will have them on some clubs at some point.

And we have some KILLER content on them coming up soon.

Whats the release date on these again?

Well that’s confusing.

If I could get these soon, I’d wait, otherwise back to Z5 or UTx
And those are 2 great options too. I really am intrigued by these. Maybe I need to drop Lamkin a tweet to see.

Well that’s confusing.

If I could get these soon, I’d wait, otherwise back to Z5 or UTx

Love both of those. Making the switch to Sonars this year. Really like them. I like the looks of these better. Are the tours the same as the regular - minus the color?

Love both of those. Making the switch to Sonars this year. Really like them. I like the looks of these better. Are the tours the same as the regular - minus the color?
No. The regular Sonars have a couple of different textures and zones sort of how their Z5 has a few different textures. The Sonar tour is their best texture for the whole grip.

Like TLS said above, different grip. Texture looks wild and grippy as heck.

No. The regular Sonars have a couple of different textures and zones sort of how their Z5 has a few different textures. The Sonar tour is their best texture for the whole grip.

Like TLS said above, different grip. Texture looks wild and grippy as heck.

I’m very interested to try these now...especially if they improve on an already great grip

I have a couple Sonars on my woods and just ordered a full set of the Sonar Tours from my club. He said they would be in by April 1st.

I have a couple Sonars on my woods and just ordered a full set of the Sonar Tours from my club. He said they would be in by April 1st.

I’m jealous.

Still hoping to see these in hand at some point. About the only non cord I have any interest in.

I’m jealous.

Still hoping to see these in hand at some point. About the only non cord I have any interest in.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been excited about a new grip but these fit the bill, love the texture, tackiness, and firmness of the grip. Everything is right about these. Now we just need the snow to melt so I can hit a golf ball outside.

Back