Lamkin Sonar Tour?

It’s been a long time since I’ve been excited about a new grip but these fit the bill, love the texture, tackiness, and firmness of the grip. Everything is right about these. Now we just need the snow to melt so I can hit a golf ball outside.

Lack of snow definitely helps haha

On cobra's custom chart it says these (or maybe the regular version) available as an option in regular and cobra connect format.

Must be released later this year.

On cobra's custom chart it says these (or maybe the regular version) available as an option in regular and cobra connect format.

Must be released later this year.
The cobra ones so far are the regular sonars. The connect ones aren't available yet though. Had a few custom orders at work get flagged and had to switch to a different grip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well April 1st is just around the bend. Haven't heard much (anything) about these lately. Hoping they're released soon. Really want to test one out.

Well April 1st is just around the bend. Haven't heard much (anything) about these lately. Hoping they're released soon. Really want to test one out.

Got some coming on my custom recoils will post impressions as soon as I have them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some coming on my custom recoils will post impressions as soon as I have them in hand.

Good deal. I want to compare with Sonars to see how much of a difference the reduce taper vs. traditional taper is. Color wise, I like the tours way more.

Hit some balls at lunch and I really like these grips - not as gritty as my usual MCC but plenty of tack and traction. They are REALLY comfortable. Playing nine tomorrow with them and will report back

Incredible responsive and soft, with plenty of grip and tack. These look absolutely stunning and they feel just as good. Lamkin has a winner here.

Have a set of these coming and looking forward to trying them out. Will be a deviation of my normal full or half cord grips, but from all accounts, the grip on these is just as solid. Since I just recently regripped my PTx irons and other clubs, I will probably wait until I get the PTx PRo irons to install them.

Theses grips feel great. My new favorite grip for sure. I only have them on my woods, but will be swapping them out to the irons and wedges as well. Held up just fine I’m the rain today too, no slippage.

I've got 13 of the Sonar Tour grips at home waiting to get installed tomorrow. I've had UTx grips for a long while now and I'm ready for something that won't chew up my fingers or glove while still maintaining a solid hold.

I've got 13 of the Sonar Tour grips at home waiting to get installed tomorrow. I've had UTx grips for a long while now and I'm ready for something that won't chew up my fingers or glove while still maintaining a solid hold.

Let me know if you think they slide on a little rough. I really had to work mine to get them on there, but was also using a different brand grip tape than usual, so can’t say for sure if it was the grips or the tape.

Let me know if you think they slide on a little rough. I really had to work mine to get them on there, but was also using a different brand grip tape than usual, so can’t say for sure if it was the grips or the tape.

I would but I'm not equipped to install grips at home, so the PGA superstore will be doing it for me.

I've put a few on but haven't noticed any difference between these or my normal Sonars when installing. Could be the tape you use. I know when I switch to some other solvents or tape I seem to have some issues sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anyone know if they are going to put these out in mid-size? I really want to give them a try, but don't like building up with tape to make a standard into a mid.

@Canadan and I found a couple of these in the Club Lab and decided we could provide some feedback on them.

I believe we each installed one on our LIN-Q Blue driver shafts:

a89d8263f44bda0dd092aebf8a14ee0e.jpg

e1ee1ff0ce260a3421f09a89293f0247.jpg

27cf9a4725e5224e79839263d9723c0f.jpg

I have a set of these that I have been going back and forth about either trying them or moving them. I am pretty diehard cord when it comes to my grips which has caused the apprehension. Looking forward to the feedback that James and Dan will provide.

Right now these are on my irons

Super jealous! These were my favorite new grips at the PGA show and they will be on my next set. I’m excited to hear everyone’s thoughts

I enjoyed this one yesterday. As a personal rule, for me if I’m using a Lamkin grip it’s had to be corded in the past, the texture on these is pretty killer though. Not as soft as I anticipated, but a good comfortable base and the pattern on them seems to be doing its job.

Back