Lamkin Sonar Tour?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
From Lamkin's Insta, and it looks like JRose has already switched to them.

These look good. Really good.

Screenshot%20%2816%29-L.png

They are launching them at PGA Show and we will have some fun stuff with the grips.
I havent seen the company this excited about grips in a while.

colors certainly work for me

They are launching them at PGA Show and we will have some fun stuff with the grips.

They look really good - Glad Lamkin is fired up about them.

That's what those are! Love the look. Kind of kicking myself for just regripping my entire set.

• Staff
wow, I like the looks of that a LOT.

Thought of you immediately.

The Sonar texture is LEGIT.

They should be, could be killer for them and fill that void for those who don't want cords like the UTx, but also don't want the kinda wild texture mixes of the normal Sonar's.

colors certainly work for me

Ditto. So clean.

Hmm. More tapered then the Original Sonar?

I liked the Sonar sample Lamkin sent me, but this gray Tour model would look great on my irons, as I prefer gray over black grips. I wonder how much difference between the two, and if it will come in a midsize.

Those grips would look outstanding installed on a set of Mizuno JPX 900 Forged irons with Project X LZ shafts.
It's quite the coincidence that I own that exact combination.

Wonder how the color resists dirt.

Wonder how they do with moisture & sweaty hands?

Hello grips for metalwoods in 2019.

Wonder how they do with moisture & sweaty hands?

The original Sonar's were fantastic there. When I reviewed them I played them in the rain some.

Saw these on IG earlier. Like the looks a lot. Wonder if the reduced taper will be the same as on the regular Sonar grips.

I'm a fan of the UTx, not sure these would knock those out, but I'll certainly look forward to seeing these in a store.

~Rock

Saw these on IG earlier. Like the looks a lot. Wonder if the reduced taper will be the same as on the regular Sonar grips.
Just got an answer from Lamkin regarding the taper. These will feature a traditional grip taper. I personally prefer this to reduced taper.

Those look great! I wonder if they will be .58 or .60 .

Those grips look really nice. I'm not in the market for new grips this year (GP bought my allegiance) but Lamkin being hyped about them certainly has my interest piqued.

Just got an answer from Lamkin regarding the taper. These will feature a traditional grip taper. I personally prefer this to reduced taper.
I tired the sonar and I like it but I'm not a fan of the reduced taper so this is great news

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tired the sonar and I like it but I'm not a fan of the reduced taper so this is great news

I tried the TS1 and felt the same way. Same reduced taper profile on both of those grips.

I tried the TS1 and felt the same way. Same reduced taper profile on both of those grips.
Yes I tried the ts1 as well, tbh I think it makes me not finish my swing it maybe just odd feeling but I have short fingers might be why I don't do well with them but the sonar felt the best as far as comfort and lessen vibration so I will be grabbing me some of these for sure

Back