Lamkin Sonar Tour?

They are launching them at PGA Show and we will have some fun stuff with the grips.
I havent seen the company this excited about grips in a while.

The original Sonar fit into their Comfortable Performance bucket. They are soft, at least to me. Where would the Sonar Tour fit into their line-up

The original Sonar fit into their Comfortable Performance bucket. They are soft, at least to me. Where would the Sonar Tour fit into their line-up
I was wondering this myself, my new irons with have the original sonar installed. I like the grey better...oh well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good looking grips. Generally I prefer a more aggressive grip such as a full cord or UTx. However, @Jman mentioned that the regular Sonar worked well for him in the rain so I will have to take a look at these.

I wonder if these will be available in a "Plus Size" reduced taper version like the regular Sonar? (see edit)

Edit: Sox Fan answered my reduced taper question.

These are probably my favorite looking grips I have seen from Lamkin in a while.

I'd give them a go for sure!

LIke reduced taper, Like these ... handsome... look grippy ... but traditional taper according to golfworks at $9.19 per -- nothing like an extra wrap for the lower hand.

Last edited:
Those grips look awesome! I won some lamkin ts1's on Instagram that I may regrip with next year, I've always used golf pride but that could be a good Segway to lamkins

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is a great picture of Justin's Honmas with the Sonar Tour. Sweet Looking irons. Pictures on Instagram.... sorry senior moment

Last edited:
Those look great.

I have a sonar grip on my wedge and think I like it better than uTX.

Sonars are in the running to go on all my clubs this year.

oooh, I like the looks of these a lot!

They look good. Really like the grey and blue. I use the uTX and REL ACE so wonder how these would compare.

Really like the look, but wish they would do a reduced taper version also.

A big from me on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the looks of these. Interested to hear some more but might be in contention for regripping coming up.

Golfworks has them in stock but I can't add them to my cart

wonder when availability is. loving the current sonar right now

Those look great! I wonder if they will be .58 or .60 .

That is a good question. Lamkin was always traditionally .580 but have been going .600 on their recently released grips (Sonar, TS1, Comfort Plus - all reduced-taper). With this one being a traditional taper, your guess is as good as mine.

Golfworks has them in stock but I can't add them to my cart

They are not officially released yet so they can't actually sell them. I have seen Golfworks create product listings in the past for grips that have not been released yet and had the same experience where it looked like you could order them but you couldn't.

According to a comment on Lamkin's Instagram post, they are not coming to market until April 1st.

OOOHH man, and I just put the Sonars an all the clubs I just ordered.

I’ve got legit intrigue for these.

I’m a cord guy through and through, but, these for whatever reason catch my eye.

I missed this thread (how is that possible???!). I really like the looks of these and the original was good so I’m excited to learn more.

When I get CF19’s (I will be getting them :)) these are most likely going on them.

Not sure why, (well, other than they intrigue the heck out of me) but I'm thinking about these tonight. They'll be on my fairway and driver this year and will go greet with Helium paint scheme. Hmmmm synchronization!

Can’t wait for the guys at the show to get the info on these, eager to see them in hand though, I’d love to find a non cord that can hold up for me.

Can’t wait for the guys at the show to get the info on these, eager to see them in hand though, I’d love to find a non cord that can hold up for me.

We got a little info on Monday and may have saw samples yesterday. The tech on these is really cool and on first grab it’s very evident. If you wanted a rough example of it, grab a kickball. Very similar texture and tackiness.

Back