Lamkin Sonar Tour?

Sort of forgot about these but glad to see this get bumped and that puts them back on my "want to try" list.

I'm going to order a dozen of these now that they are available. I've seen them in the store and they seem to be about the perfect feel for me.

I enjoyed this one yesterday. As a personal rule, for me if I’m using a Lamkin grip it’s had to be corded in the past, the texture on these is pretty killer though. Not as soft as I anticipated, but a good comfortable base and the pattern on them seems to be doing its job.

Have these changed your rule? And what happened to make that rule?

Have these changed your rule? And what happened to make that rule?

I’ve only used it three times (5 rounds) so it’s too early to say, but I’m betting know.

I love the feedback I get with cords, the tougher the better, plus I never have to worry about slipping in any conditions with cords.

I'm going to order a dozen of these now that they are available. I've seen them in the store and they seem to be about the perfect feel for me.

They are great - good choice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still loving mine this season. Sometimes I do t even wear a glove with these.

So, Canadan and I found a few of these hiding in the grip drawers at THP HQ in the Club Lab and I decided to put one on the UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77 I'm working with...and...

I freaking LOVE it.

I'm a die hard cord guy, mainly because of humid and wet conditions as well as my grip pressure just being better with them, but this has been pretty stellar so far. Played in the rain yesterday and with my driver swing that is a sort of terrifying thing, but I had zero issues.

The texture is pretty killer. I just wish the end cap was a different color, but when THAT is the nitpick I can come up with, there isn't much to find to nitpick.

Jman;n8880001 said:
So, Canadan and I found a few of these hiding in the grip drawers at THP HQ in the Club Lab and I decided to put one on the UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77 I'm working with...and...

I freaking LOVE it.

I'm a die hard cord guy, mainly because of humid and wet conditions as well as my grip pressure just being better with them, but this has been pretty stellar so far. Played in the rain yesterday and with my driver swing that is a sort of terrifying thing, but I had zero issues.

The texture is pretty killer. I just wish the end cap was a different color, but when THAT is the nitpick I can come up with, there isn't much to find to nitpick.

I like the grey blue ‍♂️

Glad you are digging the grip, I think they are pretty dang great !

JourdanInMich;n8880002 said:
I like the grey blue ‍♂️

Glad you are digging the grip, I think they are pretty dang great !

If they had a black end cap, I might make the full switch. That is saying something because I'm a corded grip ride or die.

Jman;n8880008 said:
If they had a black end cap, I might make the full switch. That is saying something because I'm a corded grip ride or die.

Really says something. They are awesome. So comfortable too.

Jman;n8880008 said:

You are tempting me to use the set I have instead of moving them and buying UTx with the proceeds. I am a die hard cord guy as well.

I’ve always come back to the UTX. Always. Until these. I won’t be coming back. Sonar Tours from here on out for me.

Installed a couple of these today; been playing the reg Sonars for a while. Built up the bottom hand with extra wraps as I like the less taper, but these feel really good. Going to put the rest of the Tours I have on the Mizuno HMPs that I’m putting together now.

Most underrated grip out there right now imo.

I could play a full set in an instant, and I’m a cord guy.

I've been playing these since they came out in 13 clubs and love them. I have had to since change out my driver grip to a new one since my thumb has worn out a spot on the grip thru 50+ rounds of use which is not bad at all.

Most underrated grip out there right now imo.

I could play a full set in an instant, and I’m a cord guy.
Whatever gets regripped or new grip installed next will get one of these. I love UTx but am looking forward to putting at least one of these in play.

Whatever gets regripped or new grip installed next will get one of these. I love UTx but am looking forward to putting at least one of these in play.
I think you’ll like what you see. Imo, they’re the best combo of texture and tack out there for a non corded grip, And maybe also a way too expensive Iomic or NO1 grip.

So if a die hard cord user was to experiment with Sonar Tour, which clubs would one start with? I am thinking wedges, because I don't swing them as hard and Sonar may be conducive to better feel on touch shots. Good plan? I forgot these were released and impressed by the good feedback here so far.

I’ve always come back to the UTX. Always. Until these. I won’t be coming back. Sonar Tours from here on out for me.

Yep, best grip I've used. I have about a dozen rounds in now with my Sonar Tours and nothing beats them, IMO. I now need Lamkin to make them in a mid-size so I don't have to put 4 or 5 wraps under them.

I am thinking of regripping to the Sonars as well. I hope they are different than the Golf Pride CP2’s, didn’t dig those.

I am thinking of regripping to the Sonars as well. I hope they are different than the Golf Pride CP2’s, didn’t dig those.
More firm. More texture.

They’re imo in between cords and a grip like the CP2/TS1

Looking forward to trying these in a couple of weeks - pretty positive feedback in here.

I really dig the color scheme as well

Looking forward to trying these in a couple of weeks - pretty positive feedback in here.

I really dig the color scheme as well
You sure you know which ones they are? :LOL:

Back