Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Bring it.

9daf39c3dd4f481bf74fedb2f83e3d25.jpg

1e851bcd5ac6020d85a394ab369b076f.jpg

Noyce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noyce!

Very very very excited to hit this one. In the M6 to boot, should be a fun combo.

I've been playing this shaft in my driver and 3 wood since April, such a stable feeling through impact. I have been more than impressed with it, handles normal swings as well as reaching back for a little extra. I'm very eager to hit the Red version in a fairway Wood when it comes out in a couple of months.

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Very very very excited to hit this one. In the M6 to boot, should be a fun combo.

Update? Surely @ least 2 rounds in with it already!

Update? Surely @ least 2 rounds in with it already!

Haha! Monday!

It should be fun. End of this week was revelatory for me with drivers and what’s best for my game, so this one I’m hoping throws a big wrench in all that.

I really, really, really, like this setup.

There is a lot this does that reminds me of my TPT and that’s a big compliment. Accuracy is up with it in play, and the flight has been quite good.

Kicker is, other than the Evo lineups I’ve never gotten on well with the Fuji feel, this though, this is a really freaking good driver shaft.

In the 9* M6 my averages on Tuesday with the Foresight GC2 were 11.2 launch, 2471 RPM, 31y peak, 157 Ball Speed.

I’ll take that average and run.

I really, really, really, like this setup.

There is a lot this does that reminds me of my TPT and that’s a big compliment. Accuracy is up with it in play, and the flight has been quite good.

Kicker is, other than the Evo lineups I’ve never gotten on well with the Fuji feel, this though, this is a really freaking good driver shaft.

In the 9* M6 my averages on Tuesday with the Foresight GC2 were 11.2 launch, 2471 RPM, 31y peak, 157 Ball Speed.

I’ll take that average and run.

Its crazy how different feel plays for golfers. So many people liked the Atmos, and both Canadan and I struggled horribly with it.
Some seem to really like this one, and I think it feels odd and I lose the club head a bit.

Its crazy how different feel plays for golfers. So many people liked the Atmos, and both Canadan and I struggled horribly with it.
Some seem to really like this one, and I think it feels odd and I lose the club head a bit.

The atmos and myself, were not good bedfellows either hahaha.

Well, you know me, my driver swing weight is D5 so it’s hard not to know where the club head is lol!

The atmos and myself, were not good bedfellows either hahaha.

Well, you know me, my driver swing weight is D5 so it’s hard not to know where the club head is lol!

It was as if I was playing a Speeder that had worse feel haha.
Based on EI, that makes some sense, so maybe it was in my head already.

I’m pretty sold on this one.

Averages the other day with 6X in the 9 degree M6 were pretty stellar.

I’m pretty sold on this one.

Averages the other day with 6X in the 9 degree M6 were pretty stellar.

How does it compare to the tz6?

How does it compare to tz6 flight & feel wise?

How does it compare to the tz6?

Not a fluid through the swing from the 6 imo, but, close. I’m getting less spin and a flatter flight to peak compared to the 6.

Right on, so far I am getting good results from the 6 but really want to get my hands either on the ventus, tz5 or possibly fuji pro ts 6 to compare. Have u tried the ventus in your m5?

Right on, so far I am getting good results from the 6 but really want to get my hands either on the ventus, tz5 or possibly fuji pro ts 6 to compare. Have u tried the ventus in your m5?

I’ve not yet, I’m hitting the M6 so obnoxiously well and long I’m afraid to jack with it haha

Right on, I am the same way.

Picked up a Ventus and was told it has not been tipped but suspect it has been. My only reasoning is seeing pictures and the VeloCore writing seems closer to the adapter on mine than some pics. Does anyone have the measurement from the top is a tm adapter to the ‘e’ in VeloCore? Thanks in advance

MH;n8879873 said:
Picked up a Ventus and was told it has not been tipped but suspect it has been. My only reasoning is seeing pictures and the VeloCore writing seems closer to the adapter on mine than some pics. Does anyone have the measurement from the top is a tm adapter to the ‘e’ in VeloCore? Thanks in advance

Was it already in a TM adapter? If so, they tip everything.

Jman, thanks for the reply. It was already in the adapter, seller told me there was no tipping but didn’t ask if he got it direct from Taylormade. Do u know what the measurement should b with no tipping? I suspect this one has been tipped 1”

Last edited:
MH;n8879887 said:
Jman, thanks for the reply. It was already in the adapter, seller told me there was no tipping but didn’t ask if he got it direct from Taylormade. Do u know what the measurement should b with no tipping? I suspect this one has been tipped 1”

If it was from TM then yeah it’d be right at 1”

Jman;n8879911 said:
If it was from TM then yeah it’d be right at 1”

Ahh, well I guess I will see how it plays this week. Guessing it might b a bit too stiff & launch will b too low.

Sent the Vent back, the 1”” tipping was just too much for my swing. I have never hit a shaft that low consistently before & just did not feel good. Spoke with Fuji & they recommend no tipping for the driver & I can see why. Thank god I didn’t sell my tz6 or I would b scrambling

Alright, so I received & have used the un-tipped Ventus twice now. Night & day difference vs the one that was tipped 1” I am happy to say. Very small sample size but feel, distance, & dispersion were very good. I didn’t think much about the claim regarding more center face contact with this shaft but it may in fact be reality, not sure how a shaft can possible assist in that but I am a believer. My miss has always been high toe but looking at the ball marks on my driver face the contact has definitely been more centred. Will try capture a picture tomorrow morning after the round

TXG just did a great video on the ventus line. May give more insight to some of your questions.

TXG just did a great video on the ventus line. May give more insight to some of your questions.

I did watch the review, pretty solid line up

Back