UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Yeah Danny Le is tight lipped on this, need info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I continue to mess with the Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, I decided to install a Callaway adapter into the LinQ I have. It's F4 which is a bit softer than what I typically play, but I am eager to see if it works well with this head, which promotes some pretty low launch for my swing.

I'll have some feedback very soon as I have quite a bit of golf to be played this weekend!

I assume you are referring to this....looks pretty awesome! Need info!

As I continue to mess with the Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, I decided to install a Callaway adapter into the LinQ I have. It's F4 which is a bit softer than what I typically play, but I am eager to see if it works well with this head, which promotes some pretty low launch for my swing.

I'll have some feedback very soon as I have quite a bit of golf to be played this weekend!

I’m going to bump this thread constantly for feedback.

You’ve been warned! :alien:

I’m going to bump this thread constantly for feedback.

You’ve been warned! :alien:

He has had it for several months, but we told him he could hold off feedback. He got gray, I got purple.

I assume you are referring to this....looks pretty awesome! Need info!

I am rocking the gunmetal and finally have the green light to talk about it.

Which is great because of the three, this is my jam.

He has had it for several months, but we told him he could hold off feedback. He got gray, I got purple.

I’m thinking the purple will be more my speed...plus it just looks so good!

fingers crossed I can hit this at the shaft up event. been intrigued for a long time now

Still getting my timing down with LinQ. Spent a lot of time toe side on the head today which presents an underwhelming sensation in the hands, but the results were quite fair. When i really caught a couple, they went long, great low/mid flight, and no ballooning at all which is super promising. It is also a fantastic looking shaft. I've got it set up with LIN-Q down the shaft at address which looks great, especially paired with the yellow accents of the Flash SZ.

More coming as the weekend progresses.

Got to hit both the purple and black versions. Purple is softer all the way around while the black is very stiff throughout. Danny said its butt stiff, stiff in the middle, and tip stiff.

By definition you'd think the black is very board feeling but its not at all. Felt very smooth and easy to control. I have quick tempo and transition and I know at times I get too quick usually resulting in a big miss to the right. With the Lin-q I never felt out of control and could really go after it. the low spin and launch really helped control any bad misses. My misses were much more controlled and kept in play. Some awful swings actually found the fairway with this

Ill continue to update as I get more time on the range. Saturday I play my home course so I can't wait to see where I hit this shaft and hogan compared to my m5. From the fitting session with Danny I picked up 19 yards carry and dropped spin by 800rpm. Ball speed was on average the same, but launch and spin were much better with the black Lin-q. Some of my misses that dropped ball speed by 6 mph still carried the same distance as some of my fastest speeds with the m5/elements chrome shaft due to spin reduction

Got to hit both the purple and black versions. Purple is softer all the way around while the black is very stiff throughout. Danny said its butt stiff, stiff in the middle, and tip stiff.

By definition you'd think the black is very board feeling but its not at all. Felt very smooth and easy to control. I have quick tempo and transition and I know at times I get too quick usually resulting in a big miss to the right. With the Lin-q I never felt out of control and could really go after it. the low spin and launch really helped control any bad misses. My misses were much more controlled and kept in play. Some awful swings actually found the fairway with this

Ill continue to update as I get more time on the range. Saturday I play my home course so I can't wait to see where I hit this shaft and hogan compared to my m5. From the fitting session with Danny I picked up 19 yards carry and dropped spin by 800rpm. Ball speed was on average the same, but launch and spin were much better with the black Lin-q. Some of my misses that dropped ball speed by 6 mph still carried the same distance as some of my fastest speeds with the m5/elements chrome shaft due to spin reduction

Whoa. Those are some massive improvements! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Pretty cool! That's awesome. Cant wait to see more

The purple is still in my XXIO and I love it

What kind of profile on the purple? I’m thinking the black is probably too much shaft for me.

What kind of profile on the purple? I’m thinking the black is probably too much shaft for me.

Mid and mid

Still want to try this shaft one day. Wondering how it would compare to the Elements Platinum. It would take a lot for me to part ways with it!

Still want to try this shaft one day. Wondering how it would compare to the Elements Platinum. It would take a lot for me to part ways with it!

Reading the description of the Platinum they seem to be pretty similar. If I understand correctly, the t1100 is just in the tip section of the Platinum whereas its placed through the entire shaft of the LINQ black meaning its stiff throughout the whole shaft. Both shafts are counterbalanced

Ive been playing the Elements Chrome which was designed before the Platinum and I think there the same makeup... The LINQ is stiffer than the Chrome. I actually went with the 60g version in the LINQ vs the 70g in the Chrome.

Purple is the one I’m keeping my eye out for, can’t wait until these become available!

There is a silver version too, right?

Reading the description of the Platinum they seem to be pretty similar. If I understand correctly, the t1100 is just in the tip section of the Platinum whereas its placed through the entire shaft of the LINQ black meaning its stiff throughout the whole shaft. Both shafts are counterbalanced

Ive been playing the Elements Chrome which was designed before the Platinum and I think there the same makeup... The LINQ is stiffer than the Chrome. I actually went with the 60g version in the LINQ vs the 70g in the Chrome.

Sounds really interesting!

Im not the best at describing how a shaft feels so ill just give numbers and what I saw yesterday.

went to my home course driving range yesterday to hit the hogan/lin-q vs my m5/elements chrome. farthest green and flag is 265 out. With the m5 I generally hit the green on average and a few will hit the back of the green.. With the Hogan/lin-q I routinely hit the back of the green and flew it over quite often. With the Lin-q being 60g range vs the normal 70 range I play im still trying to time it up more consistently.

What I saw yesterday matched exactly what Danny fit me to on Launch Monitor numbers. At the fitting my m5 was 262 avg carry but 3100 avg spin. Hogan/Lin-Q was 281 avg carry and 2400 spin (highest was 2700 and lowest was 2020).

If the rain holds off tomorrow im gonna leave my m5 at home and play the hogan/Lin-Q at my course and compare where I normally drive the ball.

Back