UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

I am surprised the one I have is the gunmetal (U.S.open model) it is definitely a handful if I get lazy with it, but a decent swing gets it out there pretty good and I am maybe 90 something SS

let me clarify getting it out there meaning within 30-40 yds of Capt. Mcmuffin when he missed it.

I swung HARD at this one today for 36 holes AND a monitor session. Won’t be able to get monitor screen caps up until tomorrow though as I forgot my iPad in the cart at the course...again.

I’ll try to get some musings up soon.

Not bad...

Hahaha, you the man, Danny!

I’ve got some solid data from the first go round, kinda at a heavy swing weight in my M6 build, but it’s working. High end on bad misses was still in the 2900-3000 range for me, and launch avg over 25 shots totaled out to 13.1 which for me in a 9* head is shockingly awesome.

Hahaha, you the man, Danny!

I’ve got some solid data from the first go round, kinda at a heavy swing weight in my M6 build, but it’s working. High end on bad misses was still in the 2900-3000 range for me, and launch avg over 25 shots totaled out to 13.1 which for me in a 9* head is shockingly awesome.

What is the length and swing weight?

Great miss on the spin side.

What is the length and swing weight?

Great miss on the spin side.

We are in at 44.75 (my preference) and it’s D8 (I’m usually D5) but with a lighter and no additional wrap grip, plus my M6 was hot melted to for its previous setup.

Going to put it into the Flash tonight and see what it SW’s there.

We are in at 44.75 (my preference) and it’s D8 (I’m usually D5) but with a lighter and no additional wrap grip, plus my M6 was hot melted to for its previous setup.

Going to put it into the Flash tonight and see what it SW’s there.

Heavy head and light grip...

Going to plug this one into the Flash today too, see what changes for me, then I’ll be back around with some numbers I do believe!

So if I hit it will I see those numbers?! Because I’d buy four.

Lots of hay bales needed to be lifted throughout life first.

....just peeking my head in to see who's got numbers...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Danny said I would like this shaft better than the Platinum.

blasphemy

*Will peek in later though....in case*

Having the gunmetal version in the driver for about 2 months and one in my 3w now, what stands out the most about this shaft is how neutral the ball flight is. The ball just goes dead straight. Very little curve and consistently low spin

Typically my drives have a slight fade with the miss being a slice. I’ve hit straighter drives with this consistently more anything I’ve ever played. At this point it’s really just aim and swing. I know exactly where it’s going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the gunmetal version in the driver for about 2 months and one in my 3w now, what stands out the most about this shaft is how neutral the ball flight is. The ball just goes dead straight. Very little curve and consistently low spin

Typically my drives have a slight fade with the miss being a slice. I’ve hit straighter drives with this consistently more anything I’ve ever played. At this point it’s really just aim and swing. I know exactly where it’s going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s very similar to what I saw with mine and I’m a big fan of a neutral ball flight. Just kind of a step on it and let fly, very confidence inspiring since I’ve struggled with my driver swing this season.

Put the Lin-q from my hogan 4w in to my m6 3w and this thing was money today. Teed off 4 times with the 3w and found center of fairway every time... like I mentioned previously it just flies dead straight

My constant tinkering with shafts is over! No need to ever get another driver or fairway shaft again for quite a long time. If this ever becomes retail I’ll gladly buy one for the 5w also

You got a special one...

what is so special about his sir?

haha these look so good and would love to try one out at some point. Figured that was what dan was working on when doing the adapter change right?

You got a special one...

haha I can't believe I missed this.

Excited to talk about it. Absolutely baffling me right now. Lower launch vs most.. Stable until I get out onto the toe and then I can feel a bit of the torque, but I can also go as hard as I want with it with no real issues. Spin was bouncing around between 2200 and 2800 on Trackman today, but it was the italicized numbers and I HATE the feedback I get from trackman, especially indoors.

Excited to talk about it. Absolutely baffling me right now. Lower launch vs most.. Stable until I get out onto the toe and then I can feel a bit of the torque, but I can also go as hard as I want with it with no real issues. Spin was bouncing around between 2200 and 2800 on Trackman today, but it was the italicized numbers and I HATE the feedback I get from trackman, especially indoors.
This has me excited!....if it ever comes to retail...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

The blue has been, eye opening.

Especially what I’m seeing in the 77 F5.

Trying to get my screen cap pulled and to put it up tonight.

This driver shaft....

Back