UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

77 F5 is all freaking there, that’s for sure.

F5 is too stout for me and I think they only currently have an F5 profile in Blue. Will have to wait it out for F4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F5 is too stout for me and I think they only currently have an F5 profile in Blue. Will have to wait it out for F4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told last night that my blue flex is xx.

Yeowsa.

Does it feel like it's too much shaft?

absolutely not.

In fact, I missed a couple high toe and definitely felt some give, which tells me it's right where it needs to be. That's kind of nutty though.

absolutely not.

In fact, I missed a couple high toe and definitely felt some give, which tells me it's right where it needs to be. That's kind of nutty though.

Very cool. Would their blue version be considered their mid/mid type profile?

Very cool. Would their blue version be considered their mid/mid type profile?

I don't think so, at least with the proto I am using.

After getting it on trackman, I'm pretty sure it's in the low-low realm. Spin around 22-2800. Launch at 10ish. All using Epic Flash SZ and not the best of swings.

Man, my time with the LIN-Q Blue 77g F5 has been......fun.

Its pretty wild mentally for me because I drifted away from heavier weight in my drivers for a time, not wild because I can't handle the weight as I know I can (and I trust Danny more than pretty much anyone when it comes to these things) but because after CPM'ing it in the THP Club Lab I know its ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL there.

Wild too because, well, it isn't wild at all for me. In fact, my accuracy has been pretty stellar. Flight has been more playable for me than I expected particularly with my move to a 9.0 head, I'll put the averages from my range session this week here in a bit, but, I'm hovering around 13.0 on average and for me at my SS (108-110) that is pretty excellent and getting me to peak heights well over 30Y which makes me smile big time.

Spin has at its highest on misses situated into the low 3000's, and thats with some pretty OTT and armsy moves at times. On more connected and normal swings, I'm right in that 2300-2500 realm which I am more than good with.

All in all, I am impressed, and no, I'm not just saying that.

Last session on the Foresight GC2, using real golf balls, 14 shots total with misses left in:

157.9 Ball Speed (163 peak), 13.0 Launch, 2521 RPM (3182 High, 1728 Low), 36Y Peak (42 High, 20 Low), 265 Carry Avg (288 High, 248 Low)

Man, my time with the LIN-Q Blue 77g F5 has been......fun.

Its pretty wild mentally for me because I drifted away from heavier weight in my drivers for a time, not wild because I can't handle the weight as I know I can (and I trust Danny more than pretty much anyone when it comes to these things) but because after CPM'ing it in the THP Club Lab I know its ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL there.

Wild too because, well, it isn't wild at all for me. In fact, my accuracy has been pretty stellar. Flight has been more playable for me than I expected particularly with my move to a 9.0 head, I'll put the averages from my range session this week here in a bit, but, I'm hovering around 13.0 on average and for me at my SS (108-110) that is pretty excellent and getting me to peak heights well over 30Y which makes me smile big time.

Spin has at its highest on misses situated into the low 3000's, and thats with some pretty OTT and armsy moves at times. On more connected and normal swings, I'm right in that 2300-2500 realm which I am more than good with.

All in all, I am impressed, and no, I'm not just saying that.

Last session on the Foresight GC2, using real golf balls, 14 shots total with misses left in:

157.9 Ball Speed (163 peak), 13.0 Launch, 2521 RPM (3182 High, 1728 Low), 36Y Peak (42 High, 20 Low), 265 Carry Avg (288 High, 248 Low)
That blue sounds like a beast. Can't wait to hear more about how the profile and characteristics benefit you.

That blue sounds like a beast. Can't wait to hear more about how the profile and characteristics benefit you.

I’ll be real, I know little about the profile other than Danny wanted me to put this one into play and Dan the 63, hahaha

I do know there’s no feeling of the flex/com being too much for me, but I’ve also made it a point to really load into it and turn hard on everything, and it’s paid off.

The flight is what’s killer for me, Dan said the 63 is low/low for him but I’m seeing more mid/low out of the 77 based on the couple GC2 sessions I have had on it.

Regardless, accuracy has been pretty killer for me along with the strong ball flight. Coming in I expected super low bullets, but I’m actually finding pretty ideal launch windows.

Someday I have to get on a LM and see what the 6F5 is giving me for numbers, but even with my much less than Jman swing it is not too much shaft at all.

From what I have gathered from here it is a gunmetal version (U.S. open model), but I don't know if that was ever confirmed by Mr. Le.

sorry if I missed it but when r these going to b released?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sorry if I missed it but when r these going to b released?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Still TBD at the moment as they continue to test profiles.

I’ll be real, I know little about the profile other than Danny wanted me to put this one into play and Dan the 63, hahaha

I do know there’s no feeling of the flex/com being too much for me, but I’ve also made it a point to really load into it and turn hard on everything, and it’s paid off.

The flight is what’s killer for me, Dan said the 63 is low/low for him but I’m seeing more mid/low out of the 77 based on the couple GC2 sessions I have had on it.

Regardless, accuracy has been pretty killer for me along with the strong ball flight. Coming in I expected super low bullets, but I’m actually finding pretty ideal launch windows.

Do you feel like your intentional aggression into the load and turn have unlocked the full potential of the shaft? Would you see much different results with your everyday swing?

Does it have the chance to be in the bag for the long term? Sounds like it's playing well right now. But, if I'm reading it right, you're having to make a conscious effort of being aggressive to optimize it. Maybe you were referring to a general thought regardless of the shaft.

Either way, sounds like a great shaft and I'm hoping to give it a shot someday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Do you feel like your intentional aggression into the load and turn have unlocked the full potential of the shaft? Would you see much different results with your everyday swing?
I wouldn’t call what I’m doing not my normal swing, it’s just free and without concern right now. I swing hard all the time hahaha
Does it have the chance to be in the bag for the long term? Sounds like it's playing well right now. But, if I'm reading it right, you're having to make a conscious effort of being aggressive to optimize it. Maybe you were referring to a general thought regardless of the shaft.

Either way, sounds like a great shaft and I'm hoping to give it a shot someday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s better numbers for me than my Ventus 6X was in the M6, which were honestly pretty good. Coolest thing for me has been the spin jump on those OTT misses has been lower here than with the Ventus.

Not making a conscious effort to do that. It’s just freeing me up confidence wise TO do that.

I’d really enjoy trying one of the other colors in my Original One, would be fun to see.

These shafts have a ton of buzz and I love that UST isn't rushing them out until they have them just right. Great product development and marketing combined. Love. And want.

Jman;n8638081 said:
I’d really enjoy trying one of the other colors in my Original One, would be fun to see.

I was thinking the same... but put it in the m6 3w instead and turned that club in to an even bigger monster! Its so accurate even longer now!

jfrigo1003;n8874417 said:
I was thinking the same... but put it in the m6 3w instead and turned that club in to an even bigger monster! Its so accurate even longer now!

I might need to do down to DFW and try to kidnap Danny to make this happen.

70+g in wither my OG One or even the M6 head I won in AL would be fun.

Jman;n8874505 said:
I might need to do down to DFW and try to kidnap Danny to make this happen.

70+g in wither my OG One or even the M6 head I won in AL would be fun.

B/c im biased towards TM woods I really contemplated pulling the Lin-Q to put in my m5...but this and the hogan were so good it didnt make sense to mess with it

id love to see some numbers if you get another one to put in the m6

Back