UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Canadan;n8874649 said:
haha I love the excitement.

The numbers in the driver have been pretty salty for me, but the consistency has been on point more than anything else which I love.

This shaft has me very intrigued. Seeing a lot of them on Tour. Not like I have a Tour swing, but I'm sure there is a version for my old a** swing! :act-up:

Got in another round with the LINQ Gunmetal US Open shaft, it’s still an absolute beast! I hadn’t played a round of golf in a couple weeks and we picked up right where we left off...long and straight. Obviously it’s not all sunshine and roses, I still have to put a good swing on it, but I feel like I can get away with a little more with it.

Big SoIL;n8874735 said:
Got in another round with the LINQ Gunmetal US Open shaft, it’s still an absolute beast! I hadn’t played a round of golf in a couple weeks and we picked up right where we left off...long and straight. Obviously it’s not all sunshine and roses, I still have to put a good swing on it, but I feel like I can get away with a little more with it.

I feel the same way about the purple. That I can get away with a little bit. The only shaft I have found since the PX THP shaft that works this well for me.

golfinnut;n8874715 said:
This shaft has me very intrigued. Seeing a lot of them on Tour. Not like I have a Tour swing, but I'm sure there is a version for my old a** swing! :act-up:

Haha! Rest assured I have no tour swing either and am having a lot of fun with it.

Please come to retail! All this stellar feedback is killing me!

dacatalyst41;n8874786 said:
Please come to retail! All this stellar feedback is killing me!

This was exactly my thought. I was thinking of emailing Danny & asking :clapp:

Yesterdays session on the Foresight GC2 with the LIN-Q Blue 77 F5 paired with the TM M6 9.0 (standard settings)....

13.1 launch, 158.2 Ball Speed (peak 163, low 152), 2,463 Spin (high 3,021, low 1,784), 35Y Peak

I'm a fan, this is a HEAVY setup though SW wise, even for me, haha.

Also spent some time with a 75 F5 Purple in a Rogue Tour 4+ fairway, but I don't like that head so it'll need to move before I can comment fully on it.

On UST's instagram page it shows a pic of Lin-q, a black helium shaft, regular helium, the atlas, v2, and CB v2........ says "a few shaft models in this photo will be added in the line up later this fall"

Hoping the Lin-Q finally comes to retail!!! Id easily put one in my 5w also. Would be even better if its available as a hybrid shaft

Putting the LIN-Q purple 75 F5 I found into my M6 3w, it’s been ok in the Rogue 4w, but I really just don’t like the Rogue fairways.

Where the driver and the Blue 77 F5 goes, by gosh this M6 setup is a tank. SUCH a beefy swing weight right now but somehow it’s working. Moreover though the flight has just been really consistent and the ball speed as well. I’ve got urges to try it in other heads, but I really don’t want to eff with it.

I cant wait to give my red,white & blue 6F5 a go this weekend.

2BFAST;n8892382 said:
I cant wait to give my red,white & blue 6F5 a go this weekend.

If you don't like it, I'm your Huckleberry. Haha

file-129.jpgfile-130.jpg

Jman;n8892385 said:
If you don't like it, I'm your Huckleberry. Haha

lol, I hear ya

That is a real big boy shaft at 6f5 and that color scheme is bananas. I still can’t believe that story. I can’t wait to hear how it works for you.

Molten;n8893131 said:
That is a real big boy shaft at 6f5 and that color scheme is bananas. I still can’t believe that story. I can’t wait to hear how it works for you.

Yes. Im hoping its not to "stout" for me but it feels good swinging it so we'll see. I know I still cant get over it myself!

Got a few swings with this last weekend. All I can say right now is I do like it but im going to need more swings on it to get a better review of it.

Driveable par 4 this weekend playing around 280 that I’ve hit a few times in the past. Definitely got the closest with my LINQ setup this weekend, big fan of this shaft so far. Teed the ball a little lower and squeezed a little cut just off the left side of the green. Missed the eagle putt unfortunately...

2BFAST;n8893281 said:
Yes. Im hoping its not to "stout" for me but it feels good swinging it so we'll see. I know I still cant get over it myself!

No such thing as stout. Swing faster or work in some curls before hitting. :D

Interested in how this shafts for us slow swinging old farts (95 - 100mph) :banghead:

golfinnut;n8899065 said:
Interested in how this shafts for us slow swinging old farts (95 - 100mph) :banghead:

Well.....im 35 so im not old but that is my swing speed lol

And I like what I seen so far. I only have 1 outing with it so far and no range time yet but hopefully this weekend I will have more.

2BFAST;n8899072 said:
Well.....im 35 so im not old but that is my swing speed lol

And I like what I seen so far. I only have 1 outing with it so far and no range time yet but hopefully this weekend I will have more.

Well I consider myself old since I'll be turning 48 here soon. I'm thinking of the young, free swinging guys, like Canadan that swing around 115 mph. :act-up:

golfinnut;n8899075 said:
Well I consider myself old since I'll be turning 48 here soon. I'm thinking of the young, free swinging guys, like Canadan that swing around 115 mph. :act-up:

Use it while ya got it, ya know?!

Back