Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI Shaft

I’d like to get a Callaway tip on my 130, but dont have one at the moment.

The 130 is such a solid feel, performing shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was officially in there today. Phil made the switch.

Hearing some buzz that more tour players are testing this one out.

Despite my current complete happiness with my shafts, I can't help but be very curious about this one.

Yeah, this one tempts me.

I heard the white profile might be the most dynamic. Saw some testing/numbers with White, Black, and Silver and the White was the quickest on ball speed and carry among the 4 testors at various swing speeds.

I am so excited to read about the tour results of this one.

My 130 is currently being borrowed by my neighbor who is looking for something to work with his M3. Looking forward to getting his feedback alongside a couple other shafts while I wait for an Epic Sub Zero. At that point, we're green light to start tipping for Cally and getting some solid feedback again for the 130.

Going to be a ton of fun.

I heard the white profile might be the most dynamic. Saw some testing/numbers with White, Black, and Silver and the White was the quickest on ball speed and carry among the 4 testors at various swing speeds.

I gave the white a try this Spring. I had a 60 gram version that was tipped 1". While certainly playable, it wasn't really any better of a fit for me than the Pro Orange was. In fact, I thought the white lacked a bit of feel since it was much stiffer under the grip than the Pro Orange. It is counter-balanced, but not as much as the Pro Orange. Honestly, I would have been better off in the 70 gram version and probably only tipped .5" or not at all. My swing speed can get north of 120 when things are firing on all cylinders. But, my transition is not an aggressive one. I decided that since the results I was getting were so similar, I would keep the shaft that "felt" better to me. So, I sold off the Rogue White. I am going to replace it with an Accra TZ5 that I tried briefly a few months back. I wanted to have something that contrasted a bit to the Pro Orange. The TZ5 should provide a little more action in the lower half of the shaft if my memory serves me.

Haven't tried the Silver yet. But, one of the guys that works at Austad's in town is the regional Callaway demo rep. He has a pretty good stock pile of Callaway shafts at his disposal and offered to let me try any of them out if I wanted.

I gave the white a try this Spring. I had a 60 gram version that was tipped 1". While certainly playable, it wasn't really any better of a fit for me than the Pro Orange was. In fact, I thought the white lacked a bit of feel since it was much stiffer under the grip than the Pro Orange. It is counter-balanced, but not as much as the Pro Orange. Honestly, I would have been better off in the 70 gram version and probably only tipped .5" or not at all. My swing speed can get north of 120 when things are firing on all cylinders. But, my transition is not an aggressive one. I decided that since the results I was getting were so similar, I would keep the shaft that "felt" better to me. So, I sold off the Rogue White. I am going to replace it with an Accra TZ5 that I tried briefly a few months back. I wanted to have something that contrasted a bit to the Pro Orange. The TZ5 should provide a little more action in the lower half of the shaft if my memory serves me.

Haven't tried the Silver yet. But, one of the guys that works at Austad's in town is the regional Callaway demo rep. He has a pretty good stock pile of Callaway shafts at his disposal and offered to let me try any of them out if I wanted.

Was this the 130?

Was this the 130?
Yep. Was a good shaft. I could have played either that or the Pro Orange. Just opted for what I thought was the better feeling of the two. I regret having it tipped. I think it took some of the feel away.

It looks bad *ss too.
c4f6c03148d6e86c53efe2667e12e997.jpg
d7e557598d8379c3f5ab444a887c9bfe.jpg
073f0595b887d266161f985b4937be08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Damn, that is a fine looking golf shaft right there.

What are the specs on it?

I don't know the exact specs. I don't think they have been released yet. I know it has a higher balance point, a pretty stiff butt and tip. It has a some good feel in the mid section. If I had to guess, I would say the torque would be in the high 2's, maybe just getting into the 3's. Mid launch and pretty low spin. Launched higher than the Pro Orange for me. That's just based on the ball flight I saw. I don't have regular access to a LM, so it's kind of just a guess based on what I saw. It didn't feel like it really loaded in any specific place. Pretty linear. My swing doesn't pick up speed until the club drops down into the slot so I had a hard time getting the feel down. It kind of messed with my timing a bit since I had a hard time feeling where the head was. I think an untipped 70 gram would have been a better fit for me. But, I can't afford to keep experimenting by purchasing new shafts :beat-up: This was an impulse purchase I made after getting a bonus at work.

Not really any fitting options up in these parts. So, tinkering can get spendy. Then, not being able to get on a launch monitor means you have to put them in play for a while to really find out what fits best.

This thing paired with a white and matte F9 would be about the best looking combination I could think of.

Should have some more info coming up on these very soon. Including some video shot at their HQ talking all things Rogue Black.

JB;n8882183 said:
Should have some more info coming up on these very soon. Including some video shot at their HQ talking all things Rogue Black.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. That Rogue Black has me all sorts of intrigued.

Keep waiting for some more feedback on this. Tried the silver and something just wasn't right, but i could never quite place it.

Been a LONG time since I have put a Rogue into play, the 130's definitely make me curious.

I wonder if we'll see the Rogue Black showing up in OEM shaft catalogs next release cycle?
​​
I've yet to hit the silver too. I may have to see about demoing one of the have it at the shop. Get acquainted so to speak.
​​​​​

Back