Shock Absorbing Grips

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - looking for some shock absorbing grips.
Was considering the following:

SS Soft Wrap TC
GP Tour Wrap 2G
GP CP2 Pro

Not worried about cost or durability, mainly shock reduction.
Any thoughts? Thank you

I've not used any of those since I'm an MCC guy, but when it comes to what you mention I've always heard good things about the GP CP2.

SS Soft Wrap TC
GP Tour Wrap 2G
GP CP2 Pro

Any thoughts? Thank you

I think Winn's iconic Excel model grip is well known for providing shock absorption.
I play GP CP Wrap mid size and like them very much. Any mid size model will provide more shock absorption than a standard size grip.
Also, many people focused on shock absorption prefer graphite iron shafts to steel shafts.

Thank you. I do use graphite shafts, but also looking for a little more help.
Never been a WINN fan, but will look into the midsize approach, thanks again

I think Winn's iconic Excel model grip is well known for providing shock absorption.
I play GP CP Wrap mid size and like them very much. Any mid size model will provide more shock absorption than a standard size grip.
Also, many people focused on shock absorption prefer graphite iron shafts to steel shafts.[B/]

I can 2nd the switch to graphite shafts if you can swing it finance wise. UST has a recoil series w/ smac wrap that focuses specifically on shock absorption
https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/recoil-760780-es-smacwrap-iron/

Otherwise the oversized winn excel wrap would offer a large amount of dampening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use the CP2 pro's and really like them. I do not care for a wrap style grip so I have not tried the others. I found them to be the best grip I have ever used for moisture control in hot humid conditions and the soft feel is a bonus.

I also use CP2 wraps and I like them quite a bit.

I use the MCC + 4 Midsize. The bigger grip helps me to not strangle the club and cause hand pain. They are great in the weather too.

WINN Excel Soft Jumbo and it's not even close

WINN Excel Soft Jumbo and it's not even close
Agreed, that's what my dad (age 74) uses and he swears by them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Be careful switching grips to a softer grip. I done it a month ago and will be switching back first golf store I go into at Myrtle Beach. They felt good initially until I really started playing with them. The shorter the club the less control I have with the bigger softer grips.

SS Soft Wrap TC
GP Tour Wrap 2G
GP CP2 Pro

Any thoughts? Thank you

I went to CP2 Pros for my arthritic hands. They seem to help, but I also went to the padded Bionic glove.

I plan to try Wynn wraps when I regrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience WINN has some of the softest grips. The standard wraps absorb a lot of shock, and they have thicker options.
They are comfortable but that doesn't hold up for me, durability is the issue.

I like Golf Pride Grips. Currently using MCC +4 Align but thinking of going to the less tapered more standard options.
I'm starting to have joint issues, but I'll sacrifice on the grip and focus on shaft and glove.

I have the GP CP2 Wraps on my clubs. I found some vibration dampening shaft inserts at Value Golf. I'm going to give those a go before making any decision on graphite shafts.

I think Lamkin iLine grips were the most shock-absorbant and softest grips I've used, but they're nearly impossible to find anymore.

Winn Dri-Tacs are pretty good at absorbing shock as well. But they don't last very long at all.

I've used the CP2 grips but I keep coming back to the SS Cross Comfort grips.

Back