Club Champion Offering Equipment Trade In

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

It’s time to clean out the garage, empty the crawl space and collect the clubs taking up space in your office – your old golf equipment could be worth some cash. In partnership with 2nd Swing, Club Champion offers a trade-in program that pays golfers for unwanted equipment.

Since its inception in April 2017, more than a thousand Club Champion customers have taken advantage of the trade-in service. According to Erik Lemieux, Key Account Manager for the program, payouts have averaged approximately $300 per transaction. Many customers have received more than $1,000 with at least one taking home more than $2,000. The only caveat is that the trade-in must be made in conjunction with a new purchase at Club Champion.

The process is simple – in three steps, you can complete your trade-in online. First, get a custom fitting at Club Champion and purchase clubs. Next, check the value of the clubs you’re trading in at clubchampiongolf.com/tradein and complete the checkout process. Individual clubs and full sets are eligible for trade-in. Finally, just ship your clubs using the FedEx labels provided and get paid via check or PayPal within seven business days.

“There is no limit to the number of clubs a customer can trade in, and in some cases, the total trade-in amount may exceed their purchase price,” Lemieux added. “All major and boutique brands qualify.” All the major brands are accepted as well as niche manufacturers like Epon, Honma and PXG. You can even trade in rangefinders or GPS devices from companies like Bushnell or Voice Caddie.

New Jersey customer Sam Haines was very satisfied: “It’s probably one of the best online trade-in programs I’ve ever used. I was able to easily navigate the system on the website, select the clubs and see the value,” he said, commending the simplicity of the process. In reference to his projected payout, Haines said, “It was spot on, dollar for dollar. It was not too complicated to figure out what I was going to get. There are guides out there to make sure you’re getting a fair deal. The actual dollars matched exactly what the program was offering. The notification from 2nd Swing was almost immediate. After they received my irons they quickly processed the check, literally one day later. And I received it within four business days.”

Kyle Carrabine, a customer from Pennsylvania, also took advantage of the trade-in program. His parents had him fit for clubs about 10 years ago and it was time for an upgrade. “I went through the fitting and enjoyed the process, and when they gave me the recommendations and how much it was going to cost, I was thinking I could offset some of my out-of-pocket expenses,” Carrabine said. “I had a stockpile of old clubs that I’d collected. Since I had to pay for the clubs myself, I decided to send a bunch of stuff in and get as much value as I could for them. I was pleased with the amount of money I got – almost $1,000.”

At the time of our interview, Kyle was scheduled for another fitting the following week. He wanted to hit some of the new drivers for 2019. “If I do buy again, I’m probably going to go through the same trade-in process,” he shared.

If you’re considering a fitting at the nation’s #1 premium club fitter, builder and retailer, check out the trade-in program to help finance those new clubs you’ve been dreaming about. Turning clubs into cash has never been so easy!

Smart move IMO. Makes it easier on consumers from a finacial and hassle standpoint.

Probably a very smart business move for CC. The cost of their clubs is astronomical and this could help bring consumers back to being able to afford buying from them.

Someone was running the numbers and realized the uptick of this.

Definitely a huge business go not lose business to the OEMs themselves who accept the trade ins.. I wonder if they will do the 50% bonus as well to get more purchases thru them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This program sounds very similar to the trade-in collaboration Ben Hogan Golf has with Dallas Golf.

Makes sense!!

They would make a killing if they started offering bonuses for trading in and buying their equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great idea here by club champion...

Great opportunity for more business, especially with a bonus on the trade-in as others have mentioned. Make it a one stop shop for folks looking to upgrade their bags along with clearing out the garage full of clubs.

I guess you trade your clubs into 2nd swing and get the online voucher and can use that towards CC. I use 2nd swing already, pretty good outfit.

Since its inception in April 2017

has this really been available for 2 years? if so, what is new in this press release? or is it just a reminder that they do offer this.

i did a fitting with one of their competitors earlier this year. i would have ordered my clubs through them, except they didn't offer a trade-in program so i purchased elsewhere.

+1 for all who shared seems like a no brainer!

The trade-in program is a great idea. Trade values without a bonus (for any merchant) suck. I know folks have to make a dollar but there's not much incentive to avoid the hassle of selling the clubs yourself.

Solid strategic decision for them. I have a Club Champion and a True Spec both within a mile of my office, I was leaning towards using TS for my next set...but this might help to tip the scales a bit in CC's favor.

I would need a bonus multiplier for purchasing a new set from them though to make it make financial sense. Their values are much lower than I could get on the Bay, at least at a quick glance.

Back