First Look: Nippon N.S.PRO 950GH neo

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow, not sure if people realize how legendary the 950 is/was as a shaft. This is a very cool release imo.

• Admin
Oh wow, not sure if people realize how legendary the 950 is/was as a shaft. This is a very cool release imo.

It is often overlooked both in their lineup as well as the well over a dozen that have followed in their footsteps (some very good), but it was a complete game changer.

It is often overlooked both in their lineup as well as the well over a dozen that have followed in their footsteps (some very good), but it was a complete game changer.

And I remember it being the stock shaft for a LOT of irons for a while.

the ns pro line is one of my favorites. hearing that they added stability and achieved an even smoother feel is really exciting.

these look badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never played it, nor heard of it, but cool to see Nippon returning a classic that was so much

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think the 950 is still my favorite shaft in that weight range. Really cool to see them iterate on what is an absolute classic.

• Admin
I think the 950 is still my favorite shaft in that weight range. Really cool to see them iterate on what is an absolute classic.

Launch Party last night in Japan was apparently awesome too.

Launch Party last night in Japan was apparently awesome too.

japan-coke-party_o_1900909.jpg

Looks like it might have got out of hand.

Had this shaft in Z355 irons, great shaft.

Had this shaft in Z355 irons, great shaft.

Yup. Those had a set of 950s in them.
The new one featured on the home page is a bit different, but definitely still part of the family.

Currently playing the 1150's. Any idea if there will be updates to the entire line?

Currently playing the 1150's. Any idea if there will be updates to the entire line?

At this time, the 950 neo is the only extension being announced.

The 950 was the first iron shaft I played that made me wake up and notice the difference, and in their SR (stiff-regular) flex it worked quite well for me. Problem was/is difficulty in getting that flex in the USA--maybe I'm crazy but I tried soft-stepped stiff and hard-stepped regular and just never could get the feel and results of the SR flex. So if the SR flex is available here and it is stiffer in the tip, I'd be game to try them again!

The 950 was the first iron shaft I played that made me wake up and notice the difference, and in their SR (stiff-regular) flex it worked quite well for me. Problem was/is difficulty in getting that flex in the USA--maybe I'm crazy but I tried soft-stepped stiff and hard-stepped regular and just never could get the feel and results of the SR flex. So if the SR flex is available here and it is stiffer in the tip, I'd be game to try them again!

From what I can tell, SR flex will be available here.

From what I can tell, SR flex will be available here.

That would be great; have some Titleist VG3 heads that may get to give them a go!

I was a huge fan of the 950GH back in the good old days when I could still play steel shafts.

I've been a big fan of my current Nippon shafts and would love to give these a go. I never realized they were such a big deal in the past.

Seems like a subtle improvement on a classic without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Sounds like a winner for Nippon

I’ve played the 950GH in several sets and had excellent results every time. I may have to give these a try at some point

We are going to be giving a set of these away very soon.

We are going to be giving a set of these away very soon.

Super cool! Just bought some Hot Metal Pro heads that are just calling out to try these.

Any additional feedback on these? So far my local retailers don't have any or much info....dying to hear how they are performing.

Back