Bryson DeChambeau on LA Golf Shafts: Cutting Them Open

I love this focus on quality control in manufacturing. Bryson talking about it makes me a little concerned about paralysis by analysis, though. If he can keep it high-level and easily digestible for the layperson, it could be highly beneficial to that shaft brand.

I mean unless a shaft breaks why would we ever need to see the inside as long as it performs?

Also seeing first hand at THCE how shafts are made this is pretty interesting.

I got to see some shafts made during shaft up at UST which was pretty cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bryson DeChambeau on LA Golf Shafts: Cutting Them Open

I love this focus on quality control in manufacturing. Bryson talking about it makes me a little concerned about paralysis by analysis, though. If he can keep it high-level and easily digestible for the layperson, it could be highly beneficial to that shaft brand.

Yeah, he is kind of a mad scientist type guy but got to hand it to him looking for any advantage he can get within the rules. I respect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope this doesn't turn into the golf ball cutting idea where people cut their shafts to look for irregularities or imperfections

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hope this doesn't turn into the golf ball cutting idea where people cut their shafts to look for irregularities or imperfections

I feel like, unlike a golf ball, people wouldn't even know what they are looking at. But I am excited where this goes and to see the videos that come after this, along with of course seeing the shafts.

I plan on asking John about this video and those cross sectional pieces and I also plan on not destroying my prototype shaft. I have my thoughts on it but I have no idea if I’m on the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting comparison of the cross sections.

This one might be a little harder to see though : )

That’s exactly went through my mind when I watched that just now. At the very least, he gives it immediate credibility from a “mad scientist” perspective. Color me intrigued..
More so than I was 15 minutes ago I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already did something similar with golf balls without cutting them open. I have to wonder how some of those manufacturing defects effect performance and how many shafts actually have some of those defects. Would we actually notice a difference in performance if the shaft isn’t perfect? ;-)

I will not be chopping mine in order to see the interior but I do appreciate the attention to detail. given the current QC hot topic, I’m glad they are taking their time.

He already did something similar with golf balls without cutting them open. I have to wonder how some of those manufacturing defects effect performance and how many shafts actually have some of those defects. Would we actually notice a difference in performance if the shaft isn’t perfect? ;-)

I have seen the images from a brand that make the one in the photo look pretty good

I have seen the images from a brand that make the one in the photo look pretty good

They must be trying to make it easy on the guys providing the puring and spine alignment services. Haha!

They must be trying to make it easy on the guys providing the puring and spine alignment services. Haha!

Hahaha. Big Soil has jokes

Cool video!

Also, is 2019 the year for amateurs to cut their equipment in half?

Back in the day when they were Matrix, I can remember sitting in their offices and hearing about how their process was better and unique, and if we were to shine a light down the shaft one could see the internal structure differences. Now I don't know if that's the same stuff that LA Golf will be using or not, but it sounds like they are going to go heavy on comparing and showing why they are different in the structural game. Going to what Morgan said though, I'm not sure a majority of golfers will fully understand what they are seeing and if it is important. With that in mind, LA Golf is going to need to really push the education process to make sure it isn't something that consumers don't just look at and quickly ignore.

Back in the day when they were Matrix, I can remember sitting in their offices and hearing about how their process was better and unique, and if we were to shine a light down the shaft one could see the internal structure differences. Now I don't know if that's the same stuff that LA Golf will be using or not, but it sounds like they are going to go heavy on comparing and showing why they are different in the structural game. Going to what Morgan said though, I'm not sure a majority of golfers will fully understand what they are seeing and if it is important. With that in mind, LA Golf is going to need to really push the education process to make sure it isn't something that consumers don't just look at and quickly ignore.

That is where the difference lies between this and a golf ball. Most golfers don't think about the shaft, other than flex.

Back