Bryson DeChambeau on LA Golf Shafts: Cutting Them Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bryson DeChambeau talks about the difference between LA Golf shafts and other manufacturers. We have more coming from this series as well.

[video=youtube;RL1-8Foh9Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL1-8Foh9Tk[/video]

Bryson DeChambeau talks about the difference between LA Golf shafts and other manufacturers. We have more coming from this series as well.

[video=youtube;RL1-8Foh9Tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL1-8Foh9Tk[/video]

Wow!! I don’t plan on cutting this shaft apart but that’s an incredible difference between the competition! I guess if cut on the butt end looks like that I’ll try to take a good cross-sectional picture for the review thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Wow!! I don’t plan on cutting this shaft apart but that’s an incredible difference between the competition! I guess if cut on the butt end looks like that I’ll try to take a good cross-sectional picture for the review thread.

Yeah, pretty crazy huh? I think you will need a pretty powerful zoom/microscope to get a shot like those, but I look forward to THPer feedback regardless.

After cutting open a couple of Chrome Softs last night... I can’t wait to see Shafts Cut open on twitter, creating a #ShaftGate2.0 ... Few interesting comments from Bryson.

Love him or hate him, if Bryson has his hands in things, you at least know a lot of thought went into it.

Last edited:
Love him or hate him, if Bryson has his hands in things, you know a lot of thought that went into it.

That’s exactly went through my mind when I watched that just now. At the very least, he gives it immediate credibility from a “mad scientist” perspective. Color me intrigued..
More so than I was 15 minutes ago I suppose

Can’t wait for the next “I cut open my golf shaft” but have no clue what I’m looking at guy lol. This could get interesting! (I kinda hope it does)

Seeing him involved with a company like this just feels right, his science and analytics, combined with golf equipment just feels like a perfect partnership

Using a term that gets thrown out around here from time-to-time...

Bryson 'moves the needle' when he endorses a product, because he's the golf scientist people believe in what he says.

With that said, I'm guessing the cut shaft view from other quality companies will be impressive too.

With that said, I'm guessing the cut shaft view from other quality companies will be impressive too.

Some will be good. Some might surprise you.

We’re Cutting into a lot of golf equipment this week

Curious to
See the shaft comparisons and what the other companies look like

I love this idea!

I am also fascinated at how Bryson says "we" at LA Golf Shafts. Sounds like he's pretty invested in the brand.

I love this idea!

I am also fascinated at how Bryson says "we" at LA Golf Shafts. Sounds like he's pretty invested in the brand.

I really enjoy players vested into their equipment. Regardless of brand, I just love golf gear talk.

Yeah, pretty crazy huh? I think you will need a pretty powerful zoom/microscope to get a shot like those, but I look forward to THPer feedback regardless.

I have some stuff at work that could possibly pull this off.

Wow so the mad scientist is getting in on the cutting open of golf equipment huh? This should be fun, whats next drivers? Irons?

Cutting open balls and now we are cutting open shafts. Love it.

JB Cobb III owns Shaft Gate 1.0 so we’ll dub this Shaft Gate 2.0

Based on the images in the video...someone has some explaining to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The video is quite interesting and bold. I have gamed some seriously great shafts over the years and I have not clue what they look like internally. But if a clean inner shaft makes that big of difference I will wan to be fit, immediately. Watching this unfold should be very interesting.

Maybe I missed it, but I’ll be curious to see if he is a part of the aesthetics of the shafts too.

I am assuming Bryson is the smartest guy in that room among some seriously smart people?

The video is quite interesting and bold. I have gamed some seriously great shafts over the years and I have not clue what they look like internally. But if a clean inner shaft makes that big of difference I will wan to be fit, immediately. Watching this unfold should be very interesting.

I mean unless a shaft breaks why would we ever need to see the inside as long as it performs?

Also seeing first hand at THCE how shafts are made this is pretty interesting.

I mean unless a shaft breaks why would we ever need to see the inside as long as it performs?

Sort of like a golf ball :D

I am assuming Bryson is the smartest guy in that room among some seriously smart people?

John Oldenburg was probably in that room, so I would say no.

That’s an incredible video. Don’t think I would have gone to that kinda extreme haha

Back