Golf Pride Tour Wrap MicroSuede Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Golf Pride®, an industry leader in grip innovation and the #1 Grip on Tour, announced today it will be expanding its popular Tour Wrap™ family with the new high-performance Tour Wrap MicroSuede. This new line extension to the Tour Wrap series, is engineered with an additive finishing process that produces a brushed surface finish, delivering both a uniquely soft feel and added traction.

As part of the Tour Wrap family, the grip features the popular wrap style grip construction for enhanced finger nesting. The wrap grip design provides a differentiated feel, which players continue to gravitate towards, with nearly 40% of all consumers who purchase Golf Pride grips choosing to utilize that style. With the new MicroSuede, the added traction delivers a high-performance wrap design for players to more effectively manage moisture in higher humidity areas or wet conditions.

“The Tour Wrap franchise has an incredibly loyal following,” said Bruce Miller, product manager, Golf Pride. “In fact, the Tour Wrap is Golf Pride’s 3rd best-selling grip series. This new MicroSuede technology feels very different than anything else in the family. While the Tour Wrap 2G is renowned for delivering high tack, the new Tour Wrap MicroSuede provides incredibly soft traction. It instantly conveys confidence, while providing a unique feel, different than any other wrap style grip we have made.”

The Tour Wrap MicroSuede will be available in both standard and midsize, in a distinctive smoke grey color, and is priced at $5.99 and $6.49, respectively. MicroSuede will hit retail in August 2019. For more information on the Tour Wrap MicroSuede and the entire 2019 Golf Pride product offering, visit www.golfpride.com.

tour-wrap-microsuede-M.jpg

OK these are interesting to me. For years I was a big fan of the Tour Wrap on my driver because I found it a bit softer. The fact that they are saying this new MicroSuede will help in the moisture management area is a bonus.

Any chance you will have a sample of these in hand for this weekend?

• Admin
OK these are interesting to me. For years I was a big fan of the Tour Wrap on my driver because I found it a bit softer. The fact that they are saying this new MicroSuede will help in the moisture management area is a bonus.

Any chance you will have a sample of these in hand for this weekend?

Just requested them, so Im hopeful

Just requested them, so Im hopeful

Cool. I'm happy they have added on to the Tour Wrap line. It's what I grew up playing, but with all the technological advances that we have seen in grips, I feel like they get overlooked and somewhat left behind. But we have seen GP expand on the Tour Velvet line, and the Multi-Compound lines, so it makes sense that they take a look at this range as well.

I like what I am reading about these. A high level of moisture management is very important to me. Haven't played a wrap grip in several years but used to be a really big fan of them. The price point is quite friendly as well.

Interesting. My bag is micro-suede.

I do love the wrap grips. But found the tackiness always went away fairly quickly. Would be interested in seeing what these might be like, and I love the grey

Since I play without a glove, the grip is key...will definitely try these!

ooo, I was just about to order new grips for my irons, was between the MCC and the tour wrap, leaning towards the tour wrap, but this has my interest.

Hmmmm, that to me is one of those, would have to feel them things

Cool. I'm happy they have added on to the Tour Wrap line. It's what I grew up playing, but with all the technological advances that we have seen in grips, I feel like they get overlooked and somewhat left behind. But we have seen GP expand on the Tour Velvet line, and the Multi-Compound lines, so it makes sense that they take a look at this range as well.

Done. They will be here on Friday.

Talk about a quick turnaround. Thanks for checking/requesting that.

@jman looks like you are going to get your feel test

I love, love, loved the original Golf Pride Tour Wrap. And I hate, hate, hate the shiny plastic funny-feeling Tour Wrap 2G.

This looks like it may be a very welcome step back to a Golf Pride wrap-style grip that isn't made out of squeaky cheap feeling stuff that's way to squishy.

I'd really like to be able to use Golf Pride grips instead of the Star Grips I'm current using (somewhat of a clone of the old Tour Wrap). The usual Golf Pride diameters and tapers suit me perfectly.

The question I’m most interested in with this new material is whether it helps wet performance. I love the feel of the tour wraps, but they may be the all time “slippery when wet” grip.

Talk about a quick turnaround. Thanks for checking/requesting that.

@jman looks like you are going to get your feel test

Oh wow.

I feel there should be a video of some sort on this...

Will be interested to see the feedback on these. I've always liked the wrap grips but felt they got slick too easily. Will be hard to get me away from my UTx but you never know!

These sounds intriguing.. I will have to try them out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Man I already want these, I will be at the store the day they are available.

I think it will be perfect for the Houston weather

I’ve never have tried a wrap style grip. I have a friend I play golf with that swears by them. Recently I’ve felt I’ve needed a softer grip and these sound like they provide that comfort.

Will definitely be interested in ddec, JB, and jman’s thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow.

I feel there should be a video of some sort on this...

Yes sir. Possibly even regripping, first impressions, etc.
Exciting stuff, ya know : )

This has me excited and worried. Last Golf Pride video I did with James, I ended up getting concussed.

5a4ba3465bda301fc6acb44dbe262951.jpg

@JB I'll be curious to hear the staff feedback on these. Especially anyone who's currently playing the UTx or even the Golfpride MCCs.

Back