Golf Pride Tour Wrap MicroSuede Grips

sabig27;n8632957 said:
Just opened the package
870ef2b0b6fef64eb1932ff8704d5a08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you installed them on anything yet?

mine are going on today or tomorrow. :bananadance:

baylrballa;n8875592 said:
mine are going on today or tomorrow. :bananadance:

Where did you get them?

I have not had a chance to install them. Golfworks is selling them

I've had one on my 60 since being in FL to work in the THP Club Lab and...

Its solid, but I'm not a huge hand in the rain as I figured out a couple days ago. The microsuede helps there compared to the standard wraps for sure, but its still "just okay" for me in that experience.

Now, in the dead freaking 105+ heat, its been really good. Little more flex/give to it than I like, but, I'm a cord user by nature which when comparing these and those is like comparing plush fairway and hardpan. Haha

I’m obsessed, which I said previously. I have one on my driver and second driver right now, but need them on all of my grips.
I haven’t played in the rain yet (ew gross), but there is a small chance of rain this weekend in Chicago, where I will be for Shaft Up, so we shall see.

They will be going on all of my clubs as soon as I can order more.

I definitely need to order a set of these.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JB;n8875651 said:
I’m obsessed, which I said previously. I have one on my driver and second driver right now, but need them on all of my grips.
I haven’t played in the rain yet (ew gross), but there is a small chance of rain this weekend in Chicago, where I will be for Shaft Up, so we shall see.

They will be going on all of my clubs as soon as I can order more.

I was using the tour wrap 2g and dropped them right before the TM even due to the forecast. I had used them in light rain once and they were terrible. If these are any better, then I will be all in on them.

H8tobogie;n8875941 said:
I was using the tour wrap 2g and dropped them right before the TM even due to the forecast. I had used them in light rain once and they were terrible. If these are any better, then I will be all in on them.

They are to me. The most traction offered will be a corded grip, which Jman points out above, but my delicate hands struggle with that type of product. Combine that with some feedback dampening and the wrap makes sense. The problem is I could never find one that felt just perfect in my hands...Until these.

JB;n8875944 said:
They are to me. The most traction offered will be a corded grip, which Jman points out above, but my delicate hands struggle with that type of product. Combine that with some feedback dampening and the wrap makes sense. The problem is I could never find one that felt just perfect in my hands...Until these.

I will probably order a few to put on some wedges to test out. Low risk.

H8tobogie;n8875945 said:
I will probably order a few to put on some wedges to test out. Low risk.

That’s a good idea. I went right for driver and had I not liked it, that would have been a waste. I know Budget Golf should have them in shortly and I bet the THP Discount will work on them.

After using Tour Velvets this past few rounds I need these in my life.

JB;n8879210 said:
After using Tour Velvets this past few rounds I need these in my life.

I used my 3 wood a bunch today with it installed.

Was a conversation in my group how solid they are of a profile. Softer than you'd expect, yet firm enough to expect some durability.

Aww yeah...
db9c3aedb62078aeebe04cd31720d7e8.jpg
7aa9f0e68794e20d8c164e0b882d2e14.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts.

JB;n8880219 said:
Looking forward to your thoughts.
They feel fantastic man. I just need to scale them all to see what they did to the swingweight. They're about 8g heavier than the tour Velvet midsizes I had on my clubs.

I'm interested in these we my core grips are ripping up my hands (plus my grip pressure)

Any further feedback or reviews on these? Are they soft/squishy like the CP2’s??? I loved the tour wrap 2 but didn’t like them in the humid/damp conditions. CP2’s were too squishy for me.

Mack Daddy;n8889015 said:
Any further feedback or reviews on these? Are they soft/squishy like the CP2’s??? I loved the tour wrap 2 but didn’t like them in the humid/damp conditions. CP2’s were too squishy for me.

I'll have some more thoughts in a few hours. did seem a little softer than the regular tour wraps in a brief range session earlier this week, but it was also 100* and they had been baking in my car all day, so maybe not a fair shake.

So, I’m a bit of an odd man out on these the more I use them. For me, there’s just too much “give” to them long term, but I’m also a firm cord user traditionally. The concept I think is great, and I think also that fans of the wrap style will enjoy because they’re so durable and the texture works (but rain play beware a bit ime).

I’m just a cord guy though.

Update. As a tour wrap user most of my life and never really liking the mcc +4 I've had this year. Love these. Never played the CP2s. the regular tour wraps can only be described as tacky. These are different, I hesitate to use soft but they are "plush" maybe without being too soft. They do give a little so it's not for cord users, but I hate cord and they destroy my hands, even the mcc.
left some utx grips on my wedges to compare, feel is a little better for those half shots, debating about switching everything over, but really like them for woods and full irons.
shot my best back 9 at home course ever this morning.

I always liked wraps but they slip like none other in my hands. These seem very interesting.

Are these gray or black? I seen some pictures here where they look black and I just saw some on My golf spy where they looked gray....

Back