UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Tour CB Shaft

First round today with the V2 Tour CB / TEE EXS combo. Struggled early while trying to get my timing down and also with not having played that head for 3 os so months. About halfway through the round started to strike it quite well. What would probably be considered mid height and a slight draw. Both of those flight characteristics are preferred by me. Distance was pretty good but nothing to write home about but that could have been primarily the head. With the various shafts I tried in the EXS head, I was never able to get consistently as much distance as I do with the Hogan GS53. Plus I prefer the look and sound / feel of the Hogan head. Will probably eventually get another Hogan adapter and put it on this shaft to give it a try to see how it compares with the Accra TZ6 before I put it in the GS53 5 wood.

First round with this shaft today. Such a stable shaft. The counter balance just feels that much better than the original V2. Don't know why but I can feel where the club head is in the swing and I feel like I can go after it hard and it's not going to punish me if I miss it. I didn't miss very many. Was able to turn the ball over a few times and the others were just straight bombs. I really like this shaft so far. If this keeps up and I keep the ball in play on tight courses, I should be golden.
Fairways and Greens baby! Big thanks again to DannyLe at UST again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

golfinnut;n8888825 said:
First round with this shaft today. Such a stable shaft. The counter balance just feels that much better than the original V2. Don't know why but I can feel where the club head is in the swing and I feel like I can go after it hard and it's not going to punish me if I miss it. I didn't miss very many. Was able to turn the ball over a few times and the others were just straight bombs. I really like this shaft so far. If this keeps up and I keep the ball in play on tight courses, I should be golden.
Fairways and Greens baby! Big thanks again to DannyLe at UST again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I certainly agree that it feels better than the regular V2.

I finally got this installed with an adapter and plugged it into my Mizuno ST190 driver. First drive with it was piped down the middle into the wind and it felt amazing. Second drive I ducked hooked about 175 yards.

I'm not blaming the shaft - it very well could just be my swing, but I wonder if there will be a bit of an adjustment period because I'm not used to the counterbalanced shaft? IDK - maybe I was just too much in my own head. I did notice that I had a lot higher ball flight than normal which wasn't that bad of thing. It just wasn't a very consistent night with the big stick.

I've been very consistent with the ACCRA TZ6 in the driver most of the year -but I'm going to give the V2 CB a fair shake.

I received one of these from a UST Instagram contest to test. It came yesterday and I already have it tipped and cut to length. I have a few of the others (V2 Tour 6F5 and V2 Black 6F5) and decided to try out the standard stiff configuration of 6F4 playing at 45". The first think I noticed is how bright that blue is, I really enjoy the look. Although it doesn't go well with the Bio Cell I have it installed on but wanted to get a good comparison across all of the shafts since they are all set to play in Cobra heads. When installing the grip I noticed how much bigger the butt end of the club is. I'm sure this has to do with the counterbalance make up but the tape normally over laps and it didn't for this club. I haven't done any full full swings yet but I can tell the different just with the waggle. I plan on putting this into play tonight for our league scramble to test out. More to come...

I received one of these from a UST Instagram contest to test. It came yesterday and I already have it tipped and cut to length. I have a few of the others (V2 Tour 6F5 and V2 Black 6F5) and decided to try out the standard stiff configuration of 6F4 playing at 45". The first think I noticed is how bright that blue is, I really enjoy the look. Although it doesn't go well with the Bio Cell I have it installed on but wanted to get a good comparison across all of the shafts since they are all set to play in Cobra heads. When installing the grip I noticed how much bigger the butt end of the club is. I'm sure this has to do with the counterbalance make up but the tape normally over laps and it didn't for this club. I haven't done any full full swings yet but I can tell the different just with the waggle. I plan on putting this into play tonight for our league scramble to test out. More to come...
That's a weight / flex I would try too, so I'm looking forward to your feedback. I hope you love it.

I’ve had my v2 cb for about a month and a half now after my fitting with Danny Le during ShaftUp and I absolutely love it. Very smooth during transition and right through impact. I have the 7F5 Tour and it has really helped my driver come alive. It’s gone from a club I was afraid to hit to a club that I enjoy hitting. I have had more good drives in the past 45 days than I had all summer before that. I’m still plenty capable of a bad swing but my confidence with the driver has never been higher.

I’ve had my v2 cb for about a month and a half now after my fitting with Danny Le during ShaftUp and I absolutely love it. Very smooth during transition and right through impact. I have the 7F5 Tour and it has really helped my driver come alive. It’s gone from a club I was afraid to hit to a club that I enjoy hitting. I have had more good drives in the past 45 days than I had all summer before that. I’m still plenty capable of a bad swing but my confidence with the driver has never been higher.

I agree this shaft is super smooth. I did more testing with it this weekend and I just love the feel. Probably the most stable feeling shaft I have ever swung. Now for the bad part...... this combo isn't as long for me. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the ball flight, this is a much lower launching combo than my Bridgestone XD-5 with HZRDUS Black combo. Yet the control with the V2 is amazing. I've lost a good 15 yards but I'm also not in as much trouble. When I'm on with my Bridgestone its an amazing combo but I can also be too long and get myself into partial shots that I'm not used to playing as much. Now the other V2's I have are competing in length with the Bridgestone combo but the V2 CB just doesn't seem to get the distance. Yet if I want something that's going to be a lower ball flight and stay pretty much where I aim it, the V2 CB is the way to go and the feel is just amazing. I may crank up the loft in the BioCell to see if that changes much.

I agree with you all that this shaft feels better than the original V2.

That said I'm still not seeing the distances or consistency I like with it. I'm going to once again blame my swing more than anything else, but it's been a rough transition from the ACCRA TZ6. I think I might plug this into my old Nike Vapor Fly driver and see if I'm getting any different results. I really want to like the shaft, but I haven't gotten there yet.

I was lucky enough to win this shaft on UST's Instagram feed a few weeks ago. I went with the 7F4 model and go it in last week, put a TM adapter on it and got to testing this week with the TM M5 driver head. Here are some of my thoughts.

AESTHETICS
If you are looking for clean, simple shaft graphics design, look no further. The PROFORCE V2 Tour CB features blue and white graphics with a bit of a shine to it. The colors look great outdoors in the daylight. Both the white and blue colors are bright and vibrant, but are in no way distracting when addressing the ball or swinging. The fonts used on this shaft really draw me in. The large V2 logo looks great, and really goes well with the white section of the shaft towards the butt section. The paint has somewhat of a rough finish, which is a nice change from most other shaft offers with the normal smooth finish.

STABILITY, FEEL, AND PERFORMANCE
Unfortunately, the only local Trackman was not available for testing currently, so driving range and on-course testing were used. When testing the 7F4, a few first impressions jumped out. The tip stiffness was a bit stiffer than most shafts I have played in the past, including my current Fujikura Pro73 gamer. At first it felt a fit harsh, but the more I swung, the better the feel at impact. I found it helped better feel the club face at impact, and know exactly where the strike occurred, which was welcomed feedback. The counterbalanced feel of the shaft was another noticeable feature of the shaft. Many new drivers feel head heavy these days, and the PROFORCE V2 Tour CB shaft really helped even out the swing weight for me.

The typical ball flight from the shaft was a mid launch, penetrating draw. I am typically a higher ball flight player, and the PROFORCE V2 Tour CB did lower my flight slightly compared to the Fujikura Pro73. The lower spin on this shaft was evident from range and course use as the roll out was longer than the current gamer. I had a similar carry distance, but found I got around 5-10 yards of additional roll out, which was extremely great for me at the home course. There was a bit of wind during testing, and the shaft had absolutely no issues with ballooning. The flight was on a preferred launch line, and had a draw biased line, while penetrating through the air without much continued lift.

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.jpg

View attachment IMG_E4080.MOV

I need this shaft in my life. I have been rotating makes and models and just can’t seem to get comfortable with my driver lately. Seems like it would be a good fit for me.

Bumping this thread. Is anyone still gaming this shaft? It would look amazing with a Big Bertha B21 head.

Bumping this thread. Is anyone still gaming this shaft? It would look amazing with a Big Bertha B21 head.
I’m not but my next door neighbor plays that exact combination

I’m not but my next door neighbor plays that exact combination
Did he compare the RCH shaft to the V2 CB? Thoughts between the two?

Did he compare the RCH shaft to the V2 CB? Thoughts between the two?
I genuinely have no idea. Pretty different shafts though with the V2 feeling a bit firmer

Back