Nippon Modus 3 105 - Still relevant ?

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I would have to say in my humble opinion , YES, YES, and YES. I've Played KBS , Nippon, Project X, Dynamic Gold etc... So Nippon was not new to me, but the modus line was, and to me it seems to be a new favorite of mine. Best way i can describe it is Smooth, Stable, and consistent/forgiving.

I have played Nippon 950 , 1050, and 1150 , these remind me of the 1150 but seem to be a hair easier to swing. I had to send my F9 speedback irons back to be re-shafted in something besides Recoil 110 F4s , and came down to the KBS C-Taper Lite or the Modus 3 105, so i flipped a coin and very glad i picked the Modus.

While learning my way around the F9 set i have found, that when i did my job, i can place my shots one on top of another down to the 8 iron. I have also found a form of forgiveness, that even when i did not do my job, and the swing was not the same from one to another, that i still got very playable trajectories. some of this is absolutely the club head we have all heard and see how forgiving they are, but paired with the Modus 105 my game has a fighting chance.

I have these in my F9s as well.

Great shaft with a great head.

I just played them for the first time this past weekend (in some z585s), and I really enjoyed them. My first experience in steel in nearly a decade, and it was a very good one.

These shafts came in the Bridgestone wedges we received for our event. Was my first time using them, and I liked them enough to order the rest of the irons in them.

Best feeling iron shaft available today!

I just played them for the first time this past weekend (in some z585s), and I really enjoyed them. My first experience in steel in nearly a decade, and it was a very good one.

That's the thing i am 44 and global golf was running a +50% trade up towards the F9 line, so i figured i would try graphite for the first time, and went with the recoils. When those did not work for me, i still wanted to go with an iron shaft that would be a little easier on me, and heard a lot about how smooth the Modus was and for some felt like graphite so that was one reason i choose the 105s.

As a recent first time user of the Modus 3 105 I’d say absolutely yes. While I prefer the murdered out look I had with the $-tapers I was using previously I think these are a slightly better fit for me and am really enjoying them with the 3 rounds I have with them so far

Relevant?! Absolutely relevant and thriving. Fantastic golf shaft

Absolutely. I’d be gaming these if not for recoils. Awesome shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boy plays the 105 and loves it. I'm gaming the 120 in my Wishons (when they're in the bag), but I can imagine going to the 105 in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had the 130 in my previous irons and moved to the 105 in my current set

Love the feel of them and when I eventually move on from my current irons, these shafts will be the first I try in anything if they are available

Yes, they are extremely relevant to me. I love them in my Hot Metals!!

Great shaft....so smooth!

would really like to try the Modus Wedge shafts , 105 or 115 to match up with my 105, so far i like my S200 just fine in my MD4 wedges as they are lighter way and blend well enough.

I have the 105s in my wedges. Must say I really like them.

would really like to try the Modus Wedge shafts , 105 or 115 to match up with my 105, so far i like my S200 just fine in my MD4 wedges as they are lighter way and blend well enough.

I went 115 Wedge for a bit more weight. Love how they play!

More than relevant, they are the best steel shaft for my swing that I have found. Several of us from the Morgan Cup have them in our Cobra irons and they are awesome.

Back