LA Golf OLYSS Prototype Shafts

Shafted;n8875775 said:
Vikings?! Well at least you must be a fellow Packer hater. Do I smell a bet for the upcoming season???? Shaft of your choice against your best offer. Bears vs Vikes, whoever has the best record. Let me know if you have the guts.

Best,
Oly

Oly is a THPer at heart.

JB;n8875782 said:
Oly is a THPer at heart.

I was about to say, that is about as THP as it gets hahaha

JB;n8875204 said:
Editing the code of Shafted and Canadan and it will come out next week. Crazy good conversation on shafts and LA Golf.

Pretty eager to see this one come together.

Some serious tech conversation from a legend in the shaft building game.

Shafted;n8875810 said:
Awesome, sounds like this nerd may finally fit in somewhere!!!!

We are a unique group to fit into for sure! HA!

Shafted;n8875810 said:
Awesome, sounds like this nerd may finally fit in somewhere!!!!

Well, I wont be able to look at Chicken Biscuit Trubisky as a QB the same again.
Now back to shaft talk and how I need to try the OLYSS soon.

Shafted;n8875775 said:
Vikings?! Well at least you must be a fellow Packer hater. Do I smell a bet for the upcoming season???? Shaft of your choice against your best offer. Bears vs Vikes, whoever has the best record. Let me know if you have the guts.

Best,
Oly

Lol, we will always share that bond. Disdain for the Pack. I'll take that action. I don't have anything as cool as a golf shaft to offer up, but I will be heading to the Hideaway come December would be willing to pick you up a 1/4 zip and some other swag should the Bears somehow manage to beat the Viking's record.

Hey, THP testers and anyone else that feels like chiming in. Not only do you get to test the OLYSS prototype for me, but I would like your help in choosing the logo. Which of the below logos do you prefer?????

Version 1 (ignore the gray lines)
OLYSS.jpg

or

Version 2
OlyssLogoDesignV2.jpg

Last edited:
Shafted;n8876948 said:
Hey, THP testers and anyone else that feels like chiming in. Not only do you get to test the OLYSS prototype for me, but I would like your help in choosing the logo. Which of the below logos do you prefer?????

How prominent will it be on the shaft? If it's going to be a big logo, I prefer the first. But, if it will be a smaller one, I kind of think the second would look better. Kind of like a signature.

Definitely like Version #2 ... with the Flag

radiman;n8876967 said:
How prominent will it be on the shaft? If it's going to be a big logo, I prefer the first. But, if it will be a smaller one, I kind of think the second would look better. Kind of like a signature.

Fairly small and in a subdued color - Think medium gray logo on the black shaft. This logo will be on the back side of the shaft with our LAGP logo prominent on the front. When we get some printed up, I'll see if I can post a picture. Thanks for the feedback!

Shafted;n8876990 said:
Fairly small and in a subdued color - Think medium gray logo on the black shaft. This logo will be on the back side of the shaft with our LAGP logo prominent on the front. When we get some printed up, I'll see if I can post a picture. Thanks for the feedback!

Then for sure the 2nd one. Looks good.

Shafted;n8876990 said:

They both look good but I like where it says “signature series” in version 1 as opposed to just “series” in version 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely the second one.

Well i just returned from Ireland vacation (played Ballybunion which was epic). I am going to trim and add an adapter this weekend. Hopefully my clubs arrive back by early next week so i can get my driver head and start swinging.

I plan to go spend an evening on a launch monitor comparing it to my gamer as a first data point.

Stay tuned....

I like the 2nd version a lot!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2nd version of the logo and it’s not close

I might b the only one but I think I am leaning towards option #1

Shafted;n8876948 said:

or

Version 2

OK, THP'ers, I'm looking to get a few more votes on the logos, so I am going to sweeten the pot. Whoever votes by the end of next week (Friday, 8/23, noon PDT) will be put into a hat. This includes those that have already voted. The person whose name is pulled from the hat will get to choose the OLYSS Prototype of their choice. Keep the votes coming!!!

Oly

Version two for me. Fancy script pops a little better to me

My vote goes to Version 2.... I just like the look better.

Shafted;n8878725 said:
OK, THP'ers, I'm looking to get a few more votes on the logos, so I am going to sweeten the pot. Whoever votes by the end of next week (Friday, 8/23, noon PDT) will be put into a hat. This includes those that have already voted. The person whose name is pulled from the hat will get to choose the OLYSS Prototype of their choice. Keep the votes coming!!!

Oly

I like version 2, way better!!!!

Version 1

Shafted;n8876948 said:

or

Version 2

I’m sure this is not possible but is there anyway to see these in actual application? I like both logos for completely different reasons....

Back