LA Golf OLYSS Prototype Shafts

Out of those two, it's gotta be the version 1 ... also getting big Odysseus/"Olysseus" vibe here which is great.

Looking forward to seeing either one! Cool name

Last edited:
With no ability to see it in application and trying to imagine it fully representing what it should represent......I’ll go with option one....just wish there was a way to incorporate that little flag into #1 somehow. It’s a much cleaner refined look for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PKorf;n8878743 said:
I’m sure this is not possible but is there anyway to see these in actual application? I like both logos for completely different reasons....

We are printing shafts with the logos today and early next week. I will see if I can post some pictures on Monday. Hope all you THP'ers have an awesome weekend and get out to play some golf!

Oly

Shafted;n8876948 said:
Hey, THP testers and anyone else that feels like chiming in. Not only do you get to test the OLYSS prototype for me, but I would like your help in choosing the logo. Which of the below logos do you prefer?????

Version 1 (ignore the gray lines)

or

Version 2

It's easily option one for me. It just looks cleaner and less busy.

Shafted;n8876948 said:
Hey, THP testers and anyone else that feels like chiming in. Not only do you get to test the OLYSS prototype for me, but I would like your help in choosing the logo. Which of the below logos do you prefer?????

or

Version 2

Little late to the party but I’m firmly in camp #2!

Version 2 !

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Version 2

I guess I prefer version 1. Especially if it's going to be smaller.

Although I can't help but get papyrus vibes from it (which I don't love)

blakehall;n8878770 said:

It is. I think it can work for this signature series though as it is trying to get that "Old"enburg feel but a custom font could work wonders here.

Shafted;n8876948 said:

or

Version 2

I like Version 1

I prefer version 1.

Earlier I said I was leaning towards #1, sticking with that. My vote is for #1

I got the prototype from H8tobogie in the mail today and I’m going to try to hit it Sunday. I’m very, very excited.

Sorry I’’m late to vote and I’ve been MIA lately!!
Both look cool but I like Version #2 a little more.

Last edited:
blakehall;n8878770 said:

That logo is just a first draft and your right, it is Papyrus. If we go with version 1, it will not be an exact copy of Papyrus, but a something in the same vain with modifications. I really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I can post some pics soon of the real logos on actual shafts.

Oly

Version 1 here. Just struck me as soon as I saw it.

Shafted;n8879207 said:
That logo is just a first draft and your right, it is Papyrus. If we go with version 1, it will not be an exact copy of Papyrus, but a something in the same vain with modifications. I really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I can post some pics soon of the real logos on actual shafts.

Oly

I am eager to see it!

The proto looked fantastic.

I saw first hand what the OLYSS can do and it was darn good. It was very low spin for me (in head designed to spin low already). I want to try it out in a head with a bit more spin to see if I can reign in some of those misses that went too low spin but the ball speed was solid.

I need some more time to get a feel for the feel but I’m pretty impressed.

Molten;n8880226 said:
I saw first hand what the OLYSS can do and it was darn good. It was very low spin for me (in head designed to spin low already). I want to try it out in a head with a bit more spin to see if I can reign in some of those misses that went too low spin but the ball speed was solid.

thinking F9? I bet that spin profile would be way better.

Canadan;n8880241 said:

Molten;n8880226 said:

Sooooo good in the F9

I need to post my experiences

Canadan;n8880241 said:

Very possible. Ball speed with the OLYSS was better head to head (same head) compared to a few other shafts. Spin profile was closest to the EF Black in my session today.

I’m ready to give it a go when I’m not on three hours sleep and fresh off a plane. But first I need to get another head.

Molten;n8880253 said:
Very possible. Ball speed with the OLYSS was better head to head (same head) compared to a few other shafts. Spin profile was closest to the EF Black in my session today.

I’m ready to give it a go when I’m not on three hours sleep and fresh off a plane. But first I need to get another head.

How does that shaft flex feel?

H8tobogie;n8880700 said:
How does that shaft flex feel?

It felt pretty good as best I could tell and I didn't swing any harder than normal. I'm excited to see what I can do with it once I get the right head on it. I hit some absolute bullets last night.

My clubs have finally returned from Ireland! I pick them up today. With my driver head now back i can finally begin testing this beautiful shaft.

Stay tuned....

Back