Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately life got in the way this weekend and my Sunday round was cancelled. Out for 9 on Wednesday and hopefully another trip to the range this week.
    In my Hauler Grandaddy Bag:
    F9 with HZRDUS Smoke
    Rogue 3/5 wood- HZRDUS Yellow
    4-PW ONE F9 with C Taper Lites
    MD4 50į, 55į and 60į wedges
    Phantom X 6 STR
    Budget Golf/THP Championship participant 2017
    Proud member of #TeamPrestige at #TheGrandaddy thanks to and - the scratch partiers

Currently testing LAGP Prototype

Comment

Originally posted by jlew2144 View Post
      Unfortunately life got in the way this weekend and my Sunday round was cancelled. Out for 9 on Wednesday and hopefully another trip to the range this week.
      Bad luck. Hope you have a good 9 tomorrow. Really looking forward your feedback. Just to pass along some tour talk, Bryson has been working with the 65 gram version of his shaft on the range this week. He has been playing the 75 gram version since Harbour Town. I haven't had a chance to talk to him (I try to leave him alone on tournament weeks), but I'll let you all know the results and if he makes the switch.

Best,
      Oly

Comment

So, is the 3VD-1 and TPOC two completely different designs? I saw H8tobogie referenced that the TPOC was a competitor to the Tensei Pro. What would the 3VD-1 compare to closest, if anything?
        REPRESENTING THP IN THE 2019 GRANDADDY!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by radiman View Post
          So, is the 3VD-1 and TPOC two completely different designs? I saw H8tobogie referenced that the TPOC was a competitor to the Tensei Pro. What would the 3VD-1 compare to closest, if anything?
          I'm sure Oly will reply with the full technical details, but I will have the 3VD-1 in hand and will be able to compare it directly to the TPOC by next week. I have to order a new adapter and get it set up over the weekend. Can't wait to try the 3VD-1!
          Driver: M5 9*; Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70TX or LAGP TPOC Proto 70TX
          OR: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9*; HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
          3-Wood: M2 15 deg; Evolution 757 X-flex
          Hybrids: G410 19* & 22*; Even Flow Black 8X
          Irons: MP18 MMC 5-PW; DG 120 X-100
          Wedges: Equalizer 50/54 and Hi Toe 58
          Putter: O-Works Red Jailbird Mini; Flat Cat Grip
          Golf ball: TP5X
          Current: Prototype shaft testing with LAGP!
          2018 Iron Experience!!!

2019 Injected with Speed Event

Comment

Originally posted by radiman View Post
            Yes, the TPOC and the Bryson 3VD1 are completely different animals. They have significantly different flex profiles, different torque values, built on different tooling with different materials. For a quick summary:
            The 3VD1 is stiffer in the mid section and the tip than the TPOC.
            The TPOC is stiffer in the butt than the 3VD1
            The TPOC is slightly lower in torque than the 3VD1
            The TPOC is built on standard parallel butt tooling, while the 3VD1 is build on proprietary HD (hexadecogonal - 16 sided) tooling

The TPOC is a low/mid launch, low spin design that would compare favorably with other parallel butt designs such as the Tensei, Hzrdus, Ventus, etc...
            The 3VD1 kind of stands alone. I wouldn't really know what to compare it to. Maybe a T1100 or Atmos Black on steriods but with good feel.

Hope this helps!

Oly

Comment

Originally posted by Shafted View Post

Yes, the TPOC and the Bryson 3VD1 are completely different animals. They have significantly different flex profiles, different torque values, built on different tooling with different materials. For a quick summary:
              The 3VD1 is stiffer in the mid section and the tip than the TPOC.
              The TPOC is stiffer in the butt than the 3VD1
              The TPOC is slightly lower in torque than the 3VD1
              The TPOC is built on standard parallel butt tooling, while the 3VD1 is build on proprietary HD (hexadecogonal - 16 sided) tooling

The TPOC is a low/mid launch, low spin design that would compare favorably with other parallel butt designs such as the Tensei, Hzrdus, Ventus, etc...
              The 3VD1 kind of stands alone. I wouldn't really know what to compare it to. Maybe a T1100 or Atmos Black on steriods but with good feel.

Hope this helps!

Oly
              Thanks for breaking that down Oly. Appreciate you taking the time to be so available here.

Looking forward to continuing feedback from the testers.

Comment

Hope this helps!

Oly
                This has me all kinds of exited to try the 3VD-1!
                2018 Iron Experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by H8tobogie View Post

This has me all kinds of exited to try the 3VD-1!
                  Just got the notification from UPS that your Bryson Proto 3VD1 has been delivered. Good luck. Can't wait to hear your feedback!

Oly

Comment

Just got the notification from UPS that your Bryson Proto 3VD1 has been delivered. Good luck. Can't wait to hear your feedback!

Oly
                    Just got home and yessir, sheís here! Will get it setup before the end of the weekend. Thanks, Oly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2018 Iron Experience!!!

Comment

Got the opportunity to put this in play tonight in my league. We played just after a monsoon came through and intermittent rain so very little in the way of rollout. Used driver on 5 holes tonight and was in the fairway for 3 of them. The other two were not penal, in the first cut.

Initial impressions from my first 9 holes with this in play:

Looks- Subtle would be the best way for me to describe it. I wanted to snap some pics on the course but as I mentioned the rain didnít allow for it. Those will come soon though.

Launch- I typically see mid to high ball flight with my Smoke and the Synergy I played last year. With the 3VD1 the ball was launching lower than my Smoke. Not worm burning low, but a low piercing flight that is what I prefer.

Feel- As I said in the initial write up, itís definitely stiff but doesnít have the rebar feel. It felt fairly smooth to me and gave me the connected feeling with the head.

Performance- No rollout tonight as a result of the rain we got, but I was seeing distances similar to the norm for me. Somewhere in the 240-250 range and dispersion was solid as well. My typical straight to small fade was in full effect tonight and it was pretty well point and shoot

Very small sample size but so far so good with the 3VD1. Iím heading out of town Friday and unfortunately will not be taking my clubs. No golf for me over the next 10 days but will get this back out to the course as soon as possible.
                      In my Hauler Grandaddy Bag:
                      F9 with HZRDUS Smoke
                      Rogue 3/5 wood- HZRDUS Yellow
                      4-PW ONE F9 with C Taper Lites
                      MD4 50į, 55į and 60į wedges
                      Phantom X 6 STR
                      Budget Golf/THP Championship participant 2017
                      Proud member of #TeamPrestige at #TheGrandaddy thanks to and - the scratch partiers

Currently testing LAGP Prototype

Comment

Just completed my first round with the TPOC Proto shaft in an M5 Head. My launch is typically mid and my spin has been very under control lately with my normal shaft (the MCA Tensei Pro Orange). I was seeing the same out of this shaft. Mid launch and nice spin control.

I normally carry the ball in the 280 range but can get some out past 300 when Iím swinging well. I used this club on 9 holes today, I only hit 4 fairways but the others were just barely off the fairway and quite playable. I was not spraying the ball. My shortest was about 280 and got 2 out past 315-325 range. And one at 300 into a one club wind on 18. Thatís about all I have in the tank but I normally donít see my slight misses out that far. So big check mark for dispersion and spin control.

Feel was smooth and I feel mostly connected to the head during the swing. I say mostly because I am seeing some slight fades out of this shaft at times. Not bad and I have been changing my grip lately so it may just be that. I will do a comparison day on the range soon to see if it carries over to the Tensei.

All in all, this is a fantastic shaft. I much prefer it to the HZRDUS Smoke (a really good retail shaft) and feel it is pretty interchangeable with the Tensei Pro Orange, which is high praise as that shaft has a big following and has been in the bags of some of the top pros on tour (Tiger and Rosie come to mind). More to come including some launch monitor data soon.

2018 Iron Experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by H8tobogie View Post
                          Just completed my first round with the TPOC Proto shaft in an M5 Head. My launch is typically mid and my spin has been very under control lately with my normal shaft (the MCA Tensei Pro Orange). I was seeing the same out of this shaft. Mid launch and nice spin control.

I normally carry the ball in the 280 range but can get some out past 300 when Iím swinging well. I used this club on 9 holes today, I only hit 4 fairways but the others were just barely off the fairway and quite playable. I was not spraying the ball. My shortest was about 280 and got 2 out past 315-325 range. And one at 300 into a one club wind on 18. Thatís about all I have in the tank but I normally donít see my slight misses out that far. So big check mark for dispersion and spin control.

Feel was smooth and I feel mostly connected to the head during the swing. I say mostly because I am seeing some slight fades out of this shaft at times. Not bad and I have been changing my grip lately so it may just be that. I will do a comparison day on the range soon to see if it carries over to the Tensei.

All in all, this is a fantastic shaft. I much prefer it to the HZRDUS Smoke (a really good retail shaft) and feel it is pretty interchangeable with the Tensei Pro Orange, which is high praise as that shaft has a big following and has been in the bags of some of the top pros on tour (Tiger and Rosie come to mind). More to come including some launch monitor data soon.

Great to hear man. Great thoughts and I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers.

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X