The 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Ultimate Shaft Event is back in 2019 and this year is going to be incredibly special.

EC-JsLnXoAAsPSx.jpeg

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2019 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity and for more information on that, click here.

Small Batch
There will be some surprises
The experience will begin about a month before the event where you will get a shaft sent to you from Project X. This is called your baseline shaft and your job will be to test it out and take some notes for a few weeks about what you like and what you would change.

Once the event begins at Project X Headquarters, there would be a tour and then you will sit down with the experts and design your own shaft. Based on the current feedback as well as the performance notes from your baseline shaft, adjustments to flag sizes, material angles and more would be made. You will get to see torque, frequency, tip deflection change as your design gets adjusted. It might sound overwhelming, but trust me when I say with the team in place, this will be an unforgettable experience. You will be designing all of the properties of your shaft with a team of people with expertise to make it perfect.

The next day would begin at Project X Headquarters again where you will hand roll your very own shaft. Then its off to graphics. Here you will work on design and color options for your completed project.

Cost
This is open to 5 THPers
The cost for the event is $349
This includes:
*Custom Shaft - You will create a 1 of 1 made specifically for you, by you.
*Round of Golf at Aviara
*Greens Fees
*Range Balls
*SWAG SWAG SWAG
*Private Group dinner with PX and THPers
*Contests
*And More

When & Where
October 3rd & 4th (this is a Thursday & Friday)
San Diego, CA
Project X Headquarters

Itinerary
Thursday AM - Arrive at Project X HQ for the day.
Breakfast will be there.
Get the tour and then shaft knowledge and creation begins.
Thursday PM - Lunch at their office
Thursday PM - Continue creating shaft.
Thursday Evening - Private Group Dinner
Friday AM - Project X HQ - Finish design process of your shaft
Friday PM - Golf at Aviara
Friday PM - Drinks Post Round with participants

Participants
Tenputt
AnthonyC
YukonLiving
Jman
pmm21

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it! One of the more unique THP Events available

This is a great event/experience for those lucky enough to attend. Not only the education you get on shafts and how they are made, but creating a one off with personal graphics is awesome.

Yooooooooooo! So glad to see this come back! Oh man!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

This is going to be off the chain. Can't wait to see who will piss off Don Brown the most. I hope that I get the chance.

giphy.gif

This sounds incredible. THP does it again.

Hot dang let’s get the party started!!!! Good luck to everyone that enters because this is an event that you will not want to miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider me interested...

Looking forward to sign ups for this one.

A custom shaft made specifically for you, along with graphics... so cool we get opportunities like this and to hang out and pick their brains on all things shafts. Great experience for those that get selected!

Good to see this. Was such an awesome experience at THCE last year. I'm looking forward to seeing the designs.

Such a cool event. The uniqueness of your own design makes this such a memorable experience

Awesome! Glad to see this event popped up. One of one shaft is so cool. True Temper has been on fire lately.

F--K

YES!!!!!

i am so pumped that this event is back albeit with a slightly modified name. i'm still gaming this driver shaft 3 years later, and driving is hands down the best part of my game.

everybody: SIGN UP!!!

This should be a really good time for 5 lucky people.

And another fantastic event. Love seeing all of the custom shafts that come out of this one.

Drooling intensifies....

This is one of the best things yall do. I so want to be a part of it.

Got to meet the new graphic designer and he is definitely someone that the 5 members will get along with great. If you dont enter this one then you're missing out on potentially the event of the year here.

Such a unique opportunity. Very happy to see more THPers get a chance to design a shaft. Very cool news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has always been up there in the top of all Events to dream about, getting to finally know what is really the right shaft for the game is so amazing and then getting to make it is icing on the biscuit.

I was waiting for this one to come back, such an awesome experience that only THP/Project X bring to us members. Unfortunately soccer tournament weekend. Can't wait to follow along!

This has been one of my favorite events! Just to get a chance to experience something not many people get to do is amazing. Learn about shafts & then get to make YOUR VERY OWN! C'mon that's just unbelievable!

"Yeah this is my custom designed shaft I made myself over at PX." "Yeah sure it is .... have another one pal!" I'd love to have that conversation as I blow it past them on the tee box. "Dude ... where did you get that shaft? It just fits your swing perfectly."

Yeah I want in on this one!

Back