Ultralight driver shaft

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
My son is playing a VS Proto 60S now. I just put it in his F8 maybe a week ago. I left it at 47" because he wanted to try it. He likes the length, but the swingweight is ~E0. What's the lightest (relatively) affordable shaft out there that's similar to that shaft? He is sort of mid-flight, definitely does not need a low launch/spin shaft. I'm sure there is something in the 50's. What about in the 40g range?

Prolaunch Blue comes in a 48g Stiff and is fairly cheap.

My son is playing a VS Proto 60S now. I just put it in his F8 maybe a week ago. I left it at 47" because he wanted to try it. He likes the length, but the swingweight is ~E0. What's the lightest (relatively) affordable shaft out there that's similar to that shaft? He is sort of mid-flight, definitely does not need a low launch/spin shaft. I'm sure there is something in the 50's. What about in the 40g range?

A lighter shaft will only reduce the driver's swing weight by a single point.
If he insists on keeping the length at 47", a heavier grip will reduce the swing weight and may create a more "balanced feel" to the club.
I played a 47" driver for a couple of years and struck some incredibly long tee shots. My problem with that length was that it made transition to the other clubs within the bag extra challenging.

Did you find something?

If not....shoot me a PM.

Back