JumboMax JMX UltraLite Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

JumboMax, pioneers of the USGA-conforming super-oversized grip category, announced the release of its new JMX UltraLite Grips today. These grips are a breakthrough in grip technology offering all the same stability and control of JumboMax's patented oversized grips at less than half the weight.

Not possible until recent manufacturing innovations, the JMX UltraLite grips are for the player who wants all the benefits of JumboMax's oversized grip technology, while retaining the feeling of more weight in the club head.

The JMX UltraLite Grips are available in; Small, Medium, Large and X-Large sizes.

About the JMX UltraLite Grips:

Promotes light, even grip pressure.
Maintains the feeling of a heavier club head.
Shape: Oversized tapered profile keeps club face square longer.
Color: Black with red, white & blue pinstripes.
Firmness: Maximum
Texture: Multi-textured, High-tack, All-weather Polyurethane surface.
Vibration Dampening: Moderate.
Standard .600 inch core diameter.
Length 11⅛"
Weight: Small 46g, Medium 47g, Large 49g, X-Large 51g

Set_of_JMX_UltraLites_Tapered__64842.1564499461.jpg

This is a press release

JumboMax, pioneers of the USGA-conforming super-oversized grip category, announced the release of its new JMX UltraLite Grips today. These grips are a breakthrough in grip technology offering all the same stability and control of JumboMax's patented oversized grips at less than half the weight.

Not possible until recent manufacturing innovations, the JMX UltraLite grips are for the player who wants all the benefits of JumboMax's oversized grip technology, while retaining the feeling of more weight in the club head.

The JMX UltraLite Grips are available in; Small, Medium, Large and X-Large sizes.

About the JMX UltraLite Grips:

Promotes light, even grip pressure.
Maintains the feeling of a heavier club head.
Shape: Oversized tapered profile keeps club face square longer.
Color: Black with red, white & blue pinstripes.
Firmness: Maximum
Texture: Multi-textured, High-tack, All-weather Polyurethane surface.
Vibration Dampening: Moderate.
Standard .600 inch core diameter.
Length 11⅛"
Weight: Small 46g, Medium 47g, Large 49g, X-Large 51g

Set_of_JMX_UltraLites_Tapered__64842.1564499461.jpg

A friend of mine gave me the Black Wrap in a Large (113g), so I installed it on my driver. Played a few rounds with it. The Large was too big and heavy. I just bought the JMX UltraLite in Medium (47g) and installed it on my driver. Man, what a difference! I can actually feel head weight!

I will give some feedback after my next round.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Those appear to be HUGE! I may give one of those a try.

Those appear to be HUGE! I may give one of those a try.
The Medium is about the same size as GolfPride Jumbo..

• Admin
Looking forward to your thoughts.

A friend of mine gave me the Black Wrap in a Large (113g), so I installed it on my driver. Played a few rounds with it. The Large was too big and heavy. I just bought the JMX UltraLite in Medium (47g) and installed it on my driver. Man, what a difference! I can actually feel head weight!

I will give some feedback after my next round.

Winn Excel oversize grips are also 47 grams. A pain to install, I might consider the medium size if installation was like that of rubber grips.

Winn Excel oversize grips are also 47 grams. A pain to install, I might consider the medium size if installation was like that of rubber grips.
I installed mine with no problems.

I like the color on those. If it would keep the hands soft I would try those.

I have played several rounds with Medium size grip. I really like. I don't know if I would install it on all my clubs but it works well with my F9 Driver with Helium shaft. I was hitting high draws with the driver set at 10.5 with a smaller grip. Since I installed this grip and moved the driver setting to -1.5° I am hitting my driver longer and straighter. No more aiming to the right side of fairway rough. Aim is down the middle now.

Interesting to see how far the JumboMax grips have come. JumboMax was one of the first product reviews I did with THP.

definitely like the looks.

I bought an UltraLite in XL to test and put it on my 7 iron. I am not put off by the size at all, but they seem to be nearly twice the diameter of my grips. I’ve attached pictures for comparison with my Z-Grip Cord midsize clubs (1 wrap/no build up). They aren’t squishy, but are definitely softer than my cords. They also have a large seam along the bottom that feels almost like a ribbed grip. Not the same, but I could tell it was there.

I hit it some on the range today and the grip definitely provides a different/unique feel. It’s so different even contact sound/feel is strange. I may be like Matt in the TXG test and need to try the medium and/or large sizes because I seemed to hit shots both left and right of my target, whereas I’m usually overdrawing when I miss with my midsize grips. I don’t know if what I saw was due to the grip being too big for me or if I need more sessions with it.

The interesting part was my face and path were very closely aligned for every shot. I saw very little curvature, if any - something that I rarely see with standard or midsize grips. I will be keeping the grip on for the foreseeable future to do some long term testing and will decide on a switch, if any, for the winter.

Attachments

• 3B532FE8-E5F2-4E0B-A39B-BD0B39F48655.jpeg
    3B532FE8-E5F2-4E0B-A39B-BD0B39F48655.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
  • D174517F-61A6-46B4-BF16-DF8C5301CC90.jpeg
    D174517F-61A6-46B4-BF16-DF8C5301CC90.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 25
I just had a full set of the JMX UltraLite grips added to my clubs. I'm coming from Midsize +2 wraps. I suffer from the "overdraw" aka the hooks. Have have limited rotation in my left hand. I tend to naturally have a rather strong left hand grip and weak right hand grip. I'm a RH golfer. When i was talking with a friend about some drills I do, I happen to have my putter in my hands. He was shocked to see how I "fixed my grip". Moving to the Large JumboMax, my grip is basically "neutral". My thumbs line up in the center of the grip. I use the interlock style.

THis morning was my first time on the range with the new grips. wow is all I can say. they feel like completely different clubs. The UltraLites are actually lighter than the MidSized Tour Velvet i have been using. This really allows me to feel the club head. My swing feels much more fluid now. The ball flight results are very encouraging. While I'll still miss with them, the was the first range session in months where I felt excited by what I was seeing. I'd been over-drawing 90% of my shots. Now 80% we're launching high and STRAIGHT! I'm playing 18 on Sunday so I hope this translates to some good golf!

I do have two negatives with them.
1. I have screw in Arccos sensors. They do not stay put in these grips. They unscrew very easily when swinging. One even flew off down range after hitting. I will be gluing them in place.​
2. Moisture might an issue. I was a hot and humid early morning in AZ. So sweat became an issue. I noticed my non gloved hand, especially on the driver, slipping. It may just be something with that grip, or something I'll have to keep an eye on and try the two glove approach for the driver.​
Regardless of those two minor issues, I am really excited with the results thus far. I cant wait to see how my golf game improves as I get more comfortable with using these grips.

7A37275B-FA5B-4383-97C7-180D9838BBC7.jpeg2A1EAA21-884E-463B-805A-5ED7D010841F.jpeg

Ive got the JumboMax on my driver and 60 degree in XXL. Its like swingin a bat handle, but I can't argue with the ease of use. It is VERY different from even the Jumbos I played before, but I am liking them so far.

I think my experiment is over. In less than a week of use the grip is already showing a wear spot. It’s also too slick for my preference and too light. My clubs were recently rebuilt to D5 in swing weight and the club with the UltraLite grip increased to D8.

Attachments

• 09F7B7C5-FE99-4DF6-917C-E8DAC825A2DB.jpeg
    09F7B7C5-FE99-4DF6-917C-E8DAC825A2DB.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 25
  • C328C91C-0FCC-4974-8047-069CBB96E095.jpeg
    C328C91C-0FCC-4974-8047-069CBB96E095.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
I’m now two rounds in and absolutely love these grips. If I swing with an easy and deliberate tempo...my hooks are gone. I get great straight flight.

I finally understand what club release feels like and can let it trigger my hip release.

Back