Measuring Shaft Frequency

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We get a lot of questions about shaft frequency and CPM (cycles per minute) in regards to how it is measured and what it means. While it can give you an idea of flex, it is not a hard and fast rule that it relates to flex. In the THP Club Lab, we use it to measure consistency, especially when building a set of clubs.

I really enjoyed doing this one.

Another really cool video. The 8.0 rebar reading did scare me a bit though. Haha

• Admin
Another really cool video. The 8.0 rebar reading did scare me a bit though. Haha

Honestly, the shaft feels really good. Stout for sure, but good.

Another video where I'm thinking to myself...really? thats it? haha good stuff guys.

I'll be honest, I've never thought about shaft frequency. Very interesting video. You guys are helping me learn a lot these past few days. Keep it coming!

can you post the chart?

Thank you for doing that video it has been a great week of learning here!

These videos point out just how much I still don't understand about equipment. Oh well, good thing I enjoy reading forums, so much to learn. Thanks for posting these.

That’s pretty cool. Frequency isn’t something I’d ever thought about really. Great info!

Nappy;n8628404 said:
I'll be honest, I've never thought about shaft frequency. Very interesting video. You guys are helping me learn a lot these past few days. Keep it coming!

Glad you enjoyed it! This was my first go round with a frequency machine and it was funnily nowhere near as complicated as I'd always expected.

Was also cool to see those Rogues come out to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX flex, hahaha!

Back