Driver fitting results - Club Champion

I was fitted for a driver-the guy ( local independentI've been to before) spent 90 minutes with me. The only thing I asked for was something that had no adjustments. I ended up with a KZG 12.5 head , Golf pride grips and a graphite shaft. He then spent an hour with me when I picked it up. $340.00

I know nothing about the technology other than I hit it straight about 200 yards.

$900+ for a fitted driver seems steep.

I think it was the 200 series not 100. Will verify tomorrow. I need a mid launch not high launch.

don't sleep on the first generation accra fx series. i have the 200 and it's a really solid shaft. i'm not currently nor do i anticipate using it again, so if you'd like to try it i'm happy to send it to you. it has a ping adapter, so you'll need to get it re-tipped. just let me know.

EDIT: you could also source through and have the build done by will at the peoples clubs. he's great to work with.

I had my driver fitting session yesterday. The best combination for me was a Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 with an Accra fx2.0 shaft. It provided 10 extra yds and tighter dispersion over my current driver - Ping G15 9 degree with an Aldila Serrano R shaft.

But, the new driver cost is somewhere around $900. ������

Clearly the Accra shafts are really good. But, $300 or so for the shaft and $529 for the head seems a bit much.

Try Will at Peoples Golf or JD Clubs.
I have in the past sent them CC builds and they have come back with better pricing.
Mention you are a THPer to Will, might be discount to be had.

Last edited:
But rather than do that you decided to book and pay for a full driver fitting to find the best combo for you. Guess you weren’t looking for combo after all.

Guess you missed the sarcasm. LOL

I need to figure out if there is a stock shaft or Callaway custom option that will perform similar to the Accra fx2.0.

Did you try all their stock and upgrade options? I’m hoping to go to club champion over the winter for a whole bag but not purchase thru them and I’ll ask to try only the shafts that are allowed to be ordered thru whichever company I’m hitting the best. Hopefully my plan saves me a ton of dough and I’ll report back how it goes. I’m sure some after market shafts will fit better but it it’s 5-10 yards I know I’m not losing as much and I’ll know I’m nearly perfectly dialed in. Then if it really bothers me I can always look for that expensive aftermarket shaft on eBay or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try all their stock and upgrade options? I’m hoping to go to club champion over the winter for a whole bag but not purchase thru them and I’ll ask to try only the shafts that are allowed to be ordered thru whichever company I’m hitting the best. Hopefully my plan saves me a ton of dough and I’ll report back how it goes. I’m sure some after market shafts will fit better but it it’s 5-10 yards I know I’m not losing as much and I’ll know I’m nearly perfectly dialed in. Then if it really bothers me I can always look for that expensive aftermarket shaft on eBay or something

This location doesn't have every shaft offered by the major golf equipment companies. So, I wasn't able to try stock shaft offerings against the best fit. But, based on specs and results, he recommended a stock shaft. Can always reshaft later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s good. I know they wouldn’t necessarily have everything. For me I fit into a shaft that’s roughly 70 grams, stiff tip and mid section with a softer butt. That’s usually the low launch low spin shaft and I really like the fee of the eve flow black and see it’s kinda 2019 IT shaft for the manufacturers to offer as stock. So hopefully I fit the driver and fairways both go great in that.
My main goal is to dial it all in exact using C.C. but not go thru them to build it. I may have to bring stuff in for them to tweak like swing weight etc but overall I’d want to be as close as possible. I’ve got 3k to spend as I’ve been saving every paycheck for 52 pay checks once it’s time to go lol.
I’ll definitely communicate my budget and goals. Iron wise I’m a x100 guy so luckily that will be easy but I’ll drive them crazy with lie and swing weight lol. I’ll probably have to go multiple times using that satisfaction guarantee lol

Oh and I’m lucky to live near their headquarters so that’s the location I’ll go where all the builds are done. They do all the builds at the home office in Wheaton Illinois I believe

I'm ordering the Epic Flash 10.5 with a Project X Evenflow 55 Regular shaft. It is actually a custom option from Callaway. An upcharge of around $70 from the stock shaft price.

Good luck. Glad you found a reasonable route.

The Evenflow 55 which I'm assuming you mean the green one? It shouldn't be an upgrade if you are referring to that one. The green is one of the stock options you don't even need to custom order the green. In fact you can get the blue, black, or green at no extra charge. I just don't want to see you pay for something you shouldn't have to.

The Evenflow 55 which I'm assuming you mean the green one? It shouldn't be an upgrade if you are referring to that one. The green is one of the stock options you don't even need to custom order the green. In fact you can get the blue, black, or green at no extra charge. I just don't want to see you pay for something you shouldn't have to.
The evenflow 50 is a stock offering. The evenflow 55 is a custom offering. Im checking with my shop to finalized the price.

Yes, evenflow green 55.

Yeah that is a no charge upgrade. I just looked on our Callaway Connect account. The green isn't even a custom order its just a standard stock offering.

I need to figure out if there is a stock shaft or Callaway custom option that will perform similar to the Accra fx2.0.

I thought they provided 3 options after a fitting. That was the only shaft they recommended?

eBay has new 10.5* Callaway Epic Flash driver heads for $350.00.

One option was pulling my gamer driver shaft and putting it on the epic flash head. The Project X evenflow 55 in R was recommended in lieu of the Accra fx2.0.

Back