If you struggle to keep the face square or manipulate the face in your putter stroke — PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GRIP! I was very unsure about the rectangular shape but it’s my favorite part so far. It is PERFECTLY aligned with the face and you can actually close your eyes and focus only on keeping it at your line. Draino.

Jury is still out on the movable weight.

This sounds like a very interesting idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDax;n8878838 said:
This sounds like a very interesting idea...

The feel is not my favorite so far (it pretty good, just no texture). But that flat left side - it lines putts up so, so well.

Molten;n8878867 said:
The feel is not my favorite so far (it pretty good, just no texture). But that flat left side - it lines putts up so, so well.

That’s why I’m using a Flat Cat bc of the flat left side...

JDax;n8878931 said:
That’s why I’m using a Flat Cat bc of the flat left side...

I’ve never used one but I’m pretty sold after one day. The make percentage was high but the comfort level was higher.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo35928.jpg
    photo35928.jpg
    928.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo35929.jpg
    photo35929.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • photo35930.jpg
    photo35930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • photo35930.jpg
    photo35930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

This is all very intriguing to me. And you have put it on a Red Ball, the putter of the summer for me last year. If I weren’t so absolutely loving and committed to my Piretti, with the Garsen grip, I would definitely give this a tryout. Looking forward to more feedback from you, Gary.

I’m super intrigued by this from the aspect of where it goes from here.

I’ll get the clear downsides out of the way - (1) the grip requires a bit more attention to detail to install and the installation video isn’t fantastic. (2) the stalk that the weight goes on is longer than the grip so this will NOT work on a shaft with a weight plug in it, like the Stroke Lab shafts.

This is looking more and more interesting to me. Keeping the face square would be a huge benefit... I want to give one a try even more now!

YukonLiving;n8879567 said:
This is looking more and more interesting to me. Keeping the face square would be a huge benefit... I want to give one a try even more now!

I'm not sure how to describe it other than I'm putting with my hands. I'm not looking at the putter head but instead making a mental note of my hand path only. I'm not sure how it will translate to the course (mainly distance control) but the ball is starting on line a TON.

Molten;n8881395 said:
I'm not sure how to describe it other than I'm putting with my hands. I'm not looking at the putter head but instead making a mental note of my hand path only. I'm not sure how it will translate to the course (mainly distance control) but the ball is starting on line a TON.

This makes perfect sense, and is the kind of result I would hope for myself. Does it feel big or bulky in your hands? Any comparison to a SuperStroke Pistol 1.0?

YukonLiving;n8881467 said:
This makes perfect sense, and is the kind of result I would hope for myself. Does it feel big or bulky in your hands? Any comparison to a SuperStroke Pistol 1.0?

It doesn’t feel big or bulky, no. It is a different feel due to the shape but not bulky.

Here is it next to a SS 2.0 (I don’t have a 1.0 in the house):

Attachments

• photo36075.jpg
    photo36075.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo36076.jpg
    photo36076.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
YukonLiving;n8881467 said:

You said pistol.... oops. Here is it next to a SS Pistol GT Tour.

Attachments

• photo36077.jpg
    photo36077.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Molten;n8881593 said:
You said pistol.... oops. Here is it next to a SS Pistol GT Tour.

That’s a great comparison, thank you! It’s a little smaller than I expected, but it makes sense considering.

I’ve gotten quite comfortable with the feel - time to start moving and changing the weights.

I’ve moved the weight all Over the place. The changes are fairly subtle unless you take things to the extremes. You can certainly feel the difference but I didn’t see any noticeable improvement or added comfort moving 20 grams an inch or two in any direction.

If you take things to the extreme, of course, it’s a bit more noticeable. But you also run the risk of breaking things, like I nearly did. The weights all being on the low end (and it’s the shaft) made it real tight and hard to remove. Nothing pliers couldn’t fix but it was in there.

One nice touch is the SAW system - measure where you put a certain hand and there is a measurement system that will guide you where to put the weight.

Attachments

• photo36260.jpg
    photo36260.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo36261.jpg
    photo36261.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sincerely appreciating the updates!

I hadn't noticed the measurement markings before...

Before I put preverbal pen to paper on this review, I wanted to share some thoughts and see if anyone has any questions.

Right off the top - does it work? Yeah, it does depending on what you are expecting. The weight movement will fine tune the feel of the club but it won’t make dramatic changes. You can add up to 60 extra grams to the grip (to the already 88 grams). So you can make the grip ~150 grams, which can fine tune the head feel. The Red Ball I installed the R1 on is almost 400 grams in the head, so the grip cannot dominate that but the difference between 88 and 150 was noticeable. The placement of the weight on the SAW system was far more subtle.

External design: if you read the thread, I love the flat front side. It kept things square really easily through the stroke. The lack of texture and harder feel weren’t my cup of tea but aren’t bad either - feel is going to come down to preference. I can’t tell you what you will like!

Internal design: it’s a bit tight in the grip and shaft as you load up the weights. It is pretty cool but if the SAW System shaft gets stuck in the grip, it is tough to retrieve. You also have to fight with the grip install materials (tape mainly) that can complicate things.

Installation: slightly harder than a normal putter grip - get the “kit” for your first use so you have the levels. The video on install could use some more meat for ordinary folk like me.

Ive enjoyed the Sense R1 and putt well with it. I wouldn’t mind seeing this concept grow and improve but if you are looking to fine tune your putter, this is certainly a good option.

Anyone got questions I can answer or focus on?!

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Molten, thanks again for this. I’m going to pick one up to play with over the winter and see how I like it as well.

How was the grip in the wet? I have a feeling it might get a little slippery...

Molten ;n8888189 said:
Installation: slightly harder than a normal putter grip - get the “kit” for your first use so you have the levels. The video on install could use some more meat for ordinary folk like me.

Boy do I agree with this. For regular non builders, it was pretty ordinary.

I think this would make a KILLER Claw grip.

Hmmm....

YukonLiving;n8888309 said:
Molten, thanks again for this. I’m going to pick one up to play with over the winter and see how I like it as well.

How was the grip in the wet? I have a feeling it might get a little slippery...

I haven’t had any rainy rounds with it and I couldn’t find Bryson’s dew guy so I did the best next thing. I ran my hands and the grip under water and then rolled some putts. the water mostly rolled off like you would expect from a solid, dense rubber. I’d guess it fairs no worse than most.

Last edited:
Molten;n8889838 said:
I haven’t had any rainy rounds with it and I couldn’t find Bryson’s dew guy so I did the best next thing. I rain my hands and the grip under water and then rolled some putts. the water mostly rolled off like you would expect from a solid, dense rubber. I’d guess it fairs no worse than most.

That’s good to hear! Thanks!

Molten;n8879190 said:
I’ll get the clear downsides out of the way - (1) the grip requires a bit more attention to detail to install and the installation video isn’t fantastic. (2) the stalk that the weight goes on is longer than the grip so this will NOT work on a shaft with a weight plug in it, like the Stroke Lab shafts.

Hello Molten,

Let me try to answer or comment the "downsides"- (1) We are changing the video soon. There have been a lot of questions from DIY guys that only have a vice at home. (2) The carbon fiber rod is longer than the grip on purpose. I am sure that you are aware that all putter shafts have different inner diameters, so we have notes on our site saying that the rod will sometimes have to be cut. We have installed our grip/SAW system on Stroke Lab putters, but you just have to take off their 50g plug that is glued by Odyssey- very simple to remove. If you guys have any other questions, feel free to PM me or I will answer them here!

Thank you for your support!

Andrew

Back